Reaction score
Last edited:
Does he have a brother named Mike?

**I'm sorry.

Does he have a brother named Mike?

**I'm sorry.

facepalm.jpg

Damn! We worked out Phillip Hunt!?

Nah, I just had to do it. I wonder what impending roster move the team believes it might make (one of the injured DL to the IR?). I guess the team is trying to find the next Cameron Wake.

I predict this guy will become the next Eric Moore!!!!!!

Had a chance to see him play here in Winnipeg on a number of occasions. He is a DE in the CFL, too small for that position in the NFL and would project as a passrushing OLB. He led the CFL in sacks. He has some quickness and is a smart player. He did benefit from a strong D line up here. It will be interesting to see if he gets a shot.

Pats sure could use a fast pass rushing OLB .....:rocker:

I guess it makes sense to work out CFL guys now with an eye on 2011. I wouldn't think they are going to add any CFL players to the roster at this point in the season.

BTW, thanks for the info on him fumbrunner.

Hopefully we can sign him, would Cunningham/TBC come in on Nickel packages and Hunt starts or would it be the other way around ?

Hopefully we can sign him, would Cunningham/TBC come in on Nickel packages and Hunt starts or would it be the other way around ?

Don't get too excited. He's only 6'1" - 248 lbs. I, to, have had a chance to see him play and he does, at least, have more than 1 move to pressure. Unlike TBC and his famous 'spin' move that any O-Line can prep for in film study.

Reiss reports Leonard was cut today, so somebody will be signed....

Looking for the next Cameron Wake...

Reiss reports Leonard was cut today, so somebody will be signed....

Yep.

Also hope is means one of the DLs will be back.

Sam Aiken was back for a visit too.

This made me think of the movie "Porkeys".....not going to go there....nope.....Parochial school boy:nooo:

Keep some competition at olb/de, I like that. Hopefully Cunningham and some diamonds in the rough will make up a good rotation in the future, or Nink and TBC improve.

I didn't think CFL guys could be signed until after January 1? I think I read that somewhere.

He's smart, quick, plays well with a strong line, and has some sack stats besides; I think he sounds interesting and worth the work-out. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

It Is What It Is -- The Big Nickel: Chad O’Shea discusses Taylor Price and Julian Edelman, while Nick caserio talks about finding talent in the CFL

5. The Patriots worked out Canadian Football League outside linebacker/defensive end Philip Hunt on Monday, according to Fox Sports. It’s the second time in less than a year they’ve shown active interest in a CFL pass-rusher — they were one of a few teams sniffing around CFL sack king Ricky Foley earlier this year — and it raised the question about New England’s ability to mine the CFL for potential talent.

“That brings in a little different dynamic, there are certain logistics and rules that are mandated by the league that you have to make sure you comply with,” Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said Tuesday afternoon. “We go through the procedure; you try to maybe earmark ‘X’ amount of players and do your due diligence and homework on those players. Wherever we can find players, it’s our job and responsibility to investigate that. In the end, you just have to figure out if that player makes sense for your team.”

Apparently one of those logistics and rules is, as NE39 pointed out, not being able to sign a CFL player until after the end of the regular season.

Fantuz on Steelers workout: ‘I definitely impressed’ | Posted Sports | National Post

“I’m hoping to hear from them some time in the next week or two, but you won’t hear, the public won’t hear anything until January. They are not allowed to sign me until, I think it’s January 3, and I’m going into my option year for the CFL so the window is the third of January, I believe it’s that day, until Feb. 15, so I have that month and a half to sign. So if anything happens it will be during that window.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes