PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Work Out DE Ogunleye

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is 32 years old and no one wants him. sounds like burgess, 2.0 he will do noting for the first half of the season and maybe have a few sacks late in the year.

i guess it can't hurt do have more bodys but don't look for have to have any impact at all
At least they wouldn't have to trade a 3rd and a 5th round pick for him. Trading for Burgess was one of the worst trades in the BB era. Two draft picks thrown down the drain.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Pats are pushing buttons. Neverthless, if he does come in, he instantly becomes the second best pass rusher behind Tully.

At least they wouldn't have to trade a 3rd and a 5th round pick for him. Trading for Burgess was one of the worst trades in the BB era. Two draft picks thrown down the drain.

i agree dose picks turned into Colt McCoy, and Austen Lane, i would have loved to have a good QB and a big body OLB over with the pats got now noting

O-Gun was a massive pain in the *** when he was playing in Miami opposite of Taylor. Dunno how'd he pan out as 3-4 edge rusher. He had some good years on stacked Bears defenses as well. I'd say he's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Any OLB still on the market at this point can't have much to offer. Remember, this was an extremely thin year for free agency because so many players that WOULD have been unrestricted free agents were instead restricted. So if a guy can't garner interest in an historically thin free agent market, there has got to be a reason for it.

Pats have to trade for somebody good or hope they can make lemonade out of lemons.

Last edited:
I forgot how awesome that was when Miami traded him. 24.5 sacks in his previous two seasons and all they got was Marty Booker. Hahahaha

I forgot how awesome that was when Miami traded him. 24.5 sacks in his previous two seasons and all they got was Marty Booker. Hahahaha

They did get a 3rd aswell; which turned out to be Channing Crowder.

They did get a 3rd aswell; which turned out to be Channing Crowder.

Lame. Not quite as bad as I remembered it then.

I wanted us to draft Crowder really bad that year.

Sounds like they would use him in the 3rd down situational role and he'd probably be an upgrade there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back