PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots work out CB Dwight "Bill" Bentley and S Matt Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bentley is intriguing.

However, ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay believes Detroit stole one of the best cornerbacks in this year's draft.

"I really like that pick," McShay said. "Instead of reaching for a corner in the first or second round, I thought Detroit did a really nice job. Reily Reiff was a really good value where they got him. Ryan Broyles, you can argue maybe a little bit early. He was a second-round prospect before the knee injury, so with knowing his durability moving forward, I think he has a chance to be a good slot receiver.

"Instead of reaching for a cornerback, I think they got a second-round value in the third-round with Dwight Bentley. I was surprised he lasted all the way to the third-round to 85. I think he has a chance to be one of the best four or five pure cover corners in this year's draft."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/05/detroit_lions_rookie_dwight_bi.html

http://nesn.com/2015/10/patriots-work-out-two-defensive-backs-including-cornerback-bill-bentley/

Bentley was selected by the Detroit Lions in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft out of Louisiana-Lafayette. He tore his ACL last September and missed the entire 2014 season. He was cut by the Lions in June. Bentley has played 18 career games with eight starts. He has 44 career tackles and five passes defended. The 5-foot-10, 188-pound cornerback ran a 4.47-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine in 2012 with a 6.99-second 3-cone drill.

Daniels was signed by the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent out of Duke in 2012. The 6-feet, 212-pound safety was waived by the Jacksonville Jaguars with an injury settlement in September. Daniels has just six career games under his belt.

Dwight Bentley Combine/Pro Day

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 22.36.05.png

Matt Daniels

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 22.36.16.png

I remember Bill Bentley, he was supposed to be up and coming corner for Detroit. He had the classic case of falling off. Detroit had him as a starter for a while.

Basically we are looking at Bentley or King King played very good special teams and i like his size. Hopefully these tryouts have nothing to do with Hightowers injury.

I disagree with McShay. I thought Bentley was taken pretty much where he should've been taken.

I'd rather not sign any 5'10-188 CBs if I don't have to, but we absolutely, positively must sign some
CB, and that right soon. Bill's playing with some serious fire here.

I thought it was strange that vs DAL in 2 WR sets it was Malcolm and Ryan but in 3 WR sets it was Malcolm & Coleman on the outside and Brown covering the slot.

Strange.

I thought it was strange that vs DAL in 2 WR sets it was Malcolm and Ryan but in 3 WR sets it was Malcolm & Coleman on the outside and Brown covering the slot.

Strange.

They did that with Bradley Fletcher too. Brown is obviously the #2 CB but also the #1 NB.

They did that with Bradley Fletcher too. Brown is obviously the #2 CB but also the #1 NB.
I gotta think it was matchup driven. The put Brown on Mr. Beasley in the slot and Ryan on Street w/ help over the top.

I gotta think it was matchup driven. The put Brown on Mr. Beasley in the slot and Ryan on Street w/ help over the top.

They've been doing it all year. In two CB sets at the start of the year, Brown was the #2 CB but moved to NB in nickel with B Fletcher coming in on the outside.

They've been doing it all year. In two CB sets at the start of the year, Brown was the #2 CB but moved to NB in nickel with B Fletcher coming in on the outside.
Yes but 1st time I saw Ryan come out in nickle.

I hope they sign this Dwight "Bill" Bentley fella so they can team him up with Malcolm "Frank" Butler and Logan "Ryan Logan" Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back