PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Work Out CB Delvin Breaux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspirational story? He washed out as a freshman at OSU then flunked around Alabama and Florida Atlantic. His father got him a look with the Vikes in 2013 after ALL NFL TEAMS PASSED on him, and STILL washed out. Inspirational? Sounds like a entitled, shiftless son of an NFL star riding daddy's coattails.Breaux will be judged by NFL standards and if his skills translate then I'm sure the Pats will make due considerations. I doubt Chris Carter's kid has ANYTHING to do with evaluations by the Pats. Sorry.

I wasn't talking about Carter, I was talking about Breaux, who is the topic of this thread. A kid who had a severe neck injury and is fighting to make it back qualifies as "inspirational" in my book, but he's an extreme long shot and I don't have any high expectations. As for Chris Carter's kid, I said that he "will play somewhere in the NFL this year, just not for the Pats" - I would think that would be clear enough that I don't think Carter is Patriot material. You're flying off the handle for no reason.

I wasn't talking about Carter, I was talking about Breaux, who is the topic of this thread. A kid who had a severe neck injury and is fighting to make it back qualifies as "inspirational" in my book, but he's an extreme long shot and I don't have any high expectations. As for Chris Carter's kid, I said that he "will play somewhere in the NFL this year, just not for the Pats" - I would think that would be clear enough that I don't think Carter is Patriot material. You're flying off the handle for no reason.

Apologies...my mistake.

Apologies...my mistake.

No problem.

As for Duron Carter, he is a talented athlete who I wouldn't touch. Kid sounds like he was incredibly selfish and immature:

Carter’s former Coffeyville quarterback, Cayden Cochran, later would look back on his time with Carter on Twitter with a rather unfond memory, calling him "the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen ... Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ceiver-duron-carter--cris--son-211232239.html

He may have matured, but I don't think he would be a good fit here.

He had an interception in this years CFL Grey Cup. The only turnover for the game. Don't know too much about him other then he is fast, can turn on a dime and is a good tackler.

Here is an interesting tidbit, Brandon Browner was a former CFL star that played for the Calgary Stampeders. The Stampeders won this years Grey Cup and played against Breaux's Hamilton Tiger Cats.

It could be Browner's success has the Pats looking to the CFL for some undervalued talent.

Hope they sign him to a futures contract. Can never have too much CB talent these days.

Thanks for posting the vid awesome story. Seems like a good kid too. Will be wishing him good health and nfl success with the pats or elsewhere.

An NFL futures contract is low risk, possible reward.. would give the guy a chance at worse you can let him go during TC in '15.... not because it is a nice story, but because he is a very talented guy.

Still worry about that neck injury...

Hope they sign him to a futures contract. Can never have too much CB talent these days.

An NFL futures contract is low risk, possible reward.. would give the guy a chance at worse you can let him go during TC in '15.... not because it is a nice story, but because he is a very talented guy.

Still worry about that neck injury...

Keeping positional cost at DB down is important, with some big contracts looming up front, particularly if Revis and McCourty are extended. That may limit the ability to keep guys like Dennard (FA after 2015) and Ryan (FA after 2016). Having a pipeline of cheap developmental talent is important. A reserves/futures contract is one good way of doing that. Low cost and low risk, even if Breaux (or any particular guy) has a low probability of success.

Last edited:
Kid could compete with the depth CBs in 2015 if we sign him (Ryan, Butler, Dennard).

Seriously, I love this part of what BB does. Churning the back end of the roster. Taking a look at guys like Breaux, or 1st round castoffs like Derek Sherrod, or guys recovering from injuries. Each one may have a very small chance of working out, but in the aggregate BB generally finds a few guys who upgrade the depth and minimal cost. Rob Ninkovich, Kyle Arrington and Sealver Siliga all came along that way.

@caplannfl: 18 teams want to bring in Breaux (6-1, 195) for a visit or workout. He can sign with an NFL team after 2/10.

@caplannfl: Among the teams interested in Breaux: Eagles, Patriots, Texans, Jaguars, Dolphins, Cards, Steelers, Lions, 49ers, Broncos...

The kid has been though hell. Hope he stays healthy and has a long, successful NFL career- in Foxboro;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back