PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots win superbowl, trade Cassel and Maroney for Adrian Peterson??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I heard that they can franchise him and then trade him,
Yeah, you hear that here a lot. But how many players become free agents each year? A hundred? Two hundred? How many of those get franchised and traded? One a year? And almost always with special circumstances involved.

Yeah, it can happen. No, don't count on it.

Threads like this are proof posetive that we have a tremendous need for a kids forum around here. Too but it is all but impossible to regulate age without a gigantic hassel. :)

Exactly, Mesolo (or whatever) is up to his ignorant posts again. If you want proof of this, check out his garbage in the Draft forum. Go away troll.

i saw that trade. it was in 2012 in my madden franchise.

the patriots are going to franchise cassel. there is no way around it. it seems crazy, but i dont think they have a choice

If Cassel leads the patriots to a superbowl win, with stats like +350 yards passing and +80 yards rushing. What kind of players on other teams will Cassel get?

I love watching Adrian Peterson run, do you think we could get him for Cassel? What about Steve Smith, he is like Wes Welker but only stronger.
What about Chad Johnson from the Bengals? Ed Reed from the Ravens?

this would be the worst thing the vikings could possibly do

the patriots are going to franchise cassel. there is no way around it. it seems crazy, but i dont think they have a choice

Why wouldn't they have a choice? By all accounts brady should be ready to go by early next season at the latest.

How much is the QB tag 24M?? :confused::confused:

You think they are going to pay a back-up QB who will likely never see the field once TB gets back that kind of scratch? Especially when we will have O'Connel on the roster with a year under his belt in the system, and the option of bringing in another vet (Huard maybe) to hold things down for a couple of games IF NEEDED? Seriously?

Last edited:
this thread might end up in the practice squad forum

look Iam not talking about Cassel fumbling his way into the superbowl and winning it. Iam talking about +350 yards passing and +80 yards rushing games. Games that will jaw drop other GMs in the league. Remember Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade? During that trade Champ Bailey was the elite CB among CBs in the NFL, which is the same for AD, the elite RB among RBs in the NFL.

If AD is so great, then why havent the vikings been successful in the playoffs. Its not like the Vikings dont have Chester Taylor to fall back on as a RB.

AD is what 6'1 217 lbs Maroney is 5'11 220, its not like the vikings are trading AD for small back Kevin Faulk.

If BB is willing to draft 1st round RB in Maroney, then why would he not persue a trade for a 1st round RB in AD?

Well what about other players in the league, what super star players would you hope the patriots can land in a trade for Cassel?

Last edited:
Why on earth would the vikes give up the best running back in the NFL.

Me-so-slo is an appropriate members name for a dumb thread like this

You couldn't get a bag of chips for the waste of a RB we call 'Glass Maroney'

Last edited:
Reading this post was painful. The real lack of football understanding combined with no insight in to how the NFL works makes this a sad waste of time. Unless the thread originator is 10 years old or has Downs Syndrome. In which case I apologize for hoping for more than I got!

OK people lets think for a second. Say the best possible thing happens and games like the last one become the norm for Cassel, and he becomes known as an elite QB in the league. If we were to franchise him it would only be with the intention of trading him and every other team would know that we have no intention of keeping him. This is the definition of a buyers market and there is no way we would get something like Adrian Peterson in return for this trade. Any time other teams know they have leverage against you they will not be throwing great deals at you, instead you get consistently low balled and are forced to take the best of a bunch of bad offers because that is all you are getting.

Totally off topic, but my bet for Cassel's new team next year if he continues to play well is Minnesota. ;)

look Iam not talking about Cassel fumbling his way into the superbowl and winning it. Iam talking about +350 yards passing and +80 yards rushing games. Games that will jaw drop other GMs in the league.

I'm like thinking what if space aliens come and like take over the NFL just as we're about to consumate this trade and like take over the mind of Roger Goodell and invalidate the trade and sieze our draft picks.

Whaddaya think about THAT, eh?

If Cassel leads the patriots to a superbowl win, with stats like +350 yards passing and +80 yards rushing. What kind of players on other teams will Cassel get?

I love watching Adrian Peterson run, do you think we could get him for Cassel? What about Steve Smith, he is like Wes Welker but only stronger.

this team is not going to the super bowl. sorry, but they are not. i am one of the biggest fans of this team, but i can not see this team in the super bowl.

Reading this post was painful. The real lack of football understanding combined with no insight in to how the NFL works makes this a sad waste of time. Unless the thread originator is 10 years old or has Downs Syndrome. In which case I apologize for hoping for more than I got!

Im still wondering how this thread has not been moved to the Practice Squad...

Dude.....WTF?!:rolleyes:

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.

Maybe we can trade Chad Johnson and Ed Reed for Adrian Peterson. We have the same rights to them that we have to Matt Cassel as of the end of the season.

if cassell wins a superbowl half of the nfl's qbs will commit suicide

also BB's legend will go to mammoth heights and brady's will plummet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes