PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Win Dynasty Team Championship (Fun Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
"Did the Patriots put together the greatest team ever?"
Tim Farmer of http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/new-england-patriots200306.php thought he would have some fun with it...(SLOW LOAD).

The four teams considered the crème de la crème of the NFL are the 1970s era Pittsburgh Steelers, the 1980s San Francisco 49ers, the Dallas Cowboys of the early 1990s, and the New England Patriots of the current era. What I did was pit all of the combined championship teams from these four dynasties in a series of simulated games thanks to WhatIfSports.com (http://whatifsports.com/locker/default.asp). After careful analysis of the fourteen Super Bowl Champions (plus the 1993 Cowboys and 2005 Patriots), the best team was… well, I shouldn’t spoil it too early.

How many here would pay premium prices to watch our SB teams play any of the greatest NFL team(s)....oh well...it's nice to dream and no doubt Brady would more than hold his own.

I'd love to watch it. But I don't wanna talk about it.. It makes me feel like how we Celtic fans are, basking on the good ole' days. It's not over yet folks =)

I would just love to go back in time to see Superbowl 36 played without the officials in the Patsies pockets.

jeffreyjthen said:
I would just love to go back in time to see Superbowl 36 played without the officials in the Patsies pockets.
Nice first post.

jeffreyjthen said:

I'd like to go back and see it played with the Rams displaying the slightest bit of testicular fortitude.

What exactly would an offensive line from the 70's do against a monster like Vince Wilfork? Wasn't a 250# DT considered too fat back then?

How many here would pay premium prices to watch our SB teams play any of the greatest NFL team(s)....oh well...it's nice to dream and no doubt Brady would more than hold his own.[/QUOTE]

* I don't think it'd be fair. Aren't a couple of those 70's Steelers dead already? -:)

PatsSteve1 said:
How many here would pay premium prices to watch our SB teams play any of the greatest NFL team(s)....oh well...it's nice to dream and no doubt Brady would more than hold his own.

* I don't think it'd be fair. Aren't a couple of those 70's Steelers dead already? -:)[/QUOTE]

I guess they woudn't get winded, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing