PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots will wear throwback uniforms vs the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
For whatever reasons the red uniforms seem to have a polarizing effect on Pats fans. People seem to either hate them or love them, with not a whole lot of 'meh' in between.

Patriots will wear throwbacks vs. Jets - New England Patriots Blog - espnBoston

The Patriots will wear their 1985-style red throwback jerseys for Sunday's home game against the Jets.

It will be the only time the Patriots wear throwbacks this season.

The throwbacks will be red jerseys with white pants and a white helmet featuring the "Pat Patriot" logo with white face masks.

The Patriots are 8-3 in games wearing throwbacks.​

Most fans over 30 love them.....I think ALL fans would love them if the Pats past while wearing them wasn't such a memory of the bad days.

Pat Patriot beats Flying Elvis 8 days a week in my book!

Glad to see them return.

If only the throwbacks included Mike Haynes returning to play in his prime :(

If only the throwbacks included Mike Haynes returning to play in his prime :(

Hey, I'd still take him now, at nearly 60 years old over some of the corners on our roster.
Does anyone know if Ty Law's in the neighbourhood?

I dont care if they wear Speedos as long as they win

Hey, I'd still take him now, at nearly 60 years old over some of the corners on our roster.
Does anyone know if Ty Law's in the neighbourhood?

Lol,he was joking on the Felger show saying,nope he isn't capable anymore of keeping up with today's guys and the speed of the game so he wasn't available.

I miss Law and Milloy real bad,but life goes on :(

Last edited:
I wasn't around for the old days, but it doesn't take nostalgia to see how much worse the new logo is than Pat Patriot.

I started following the team in '94 so I never really got to see them performing in the old unis, but I love the throwbacks! I think they look better than the '93, '95, and '00 versions.

Last edited:
Hmm I definitely don't think I wanna see Kylo Love in speedos. But if it fetches a W I'm down!

How about Wilfork in Speedos? :eek:

Vince would probably look like a Black Michelin Man :eek:

Personally, I hate the old uniforms. Probably because I was 8 when they switched, so I have no real attachment to the old ones.

Last edited:
I'm not super thrilled with the red throwbacks, but I think the throwback road whites (especially the 1963 version they wore in the AFL 50th anniversary year) are the best uniforms the team has ever had.

It just looks sharper to me. Especially those stripes over the shoulders. Love that. Kinda disappointed my Grogan throwback was the 76 version where the stripes were on the sleeves.

I like the throwbacks every once in a while. In fact, I wouldn't mind the throwback colors as the uniform all the time. However, I prefer the Flying Elvis WAY MORE than Pat Patriot. I think he's the coolest logo out there, bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back