PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Will Find Ravens No Big Easy

Patriots Will Find Ravens No Big Easy
By: Bob George

Just hit your mute button when Lewis comes on and you'll enjoy this week a little bit more....

Well, definitely, Patriots will have to figure out how to deal with Boldin & Torrey. If you watched the playoff games (Cincy, Denver), Flacco basically throws the ball deep and high (ala: lob throws) and let Torrey & Antwan jump ball. That killed Cincy & Denver.

Now, the Patriots have lots of trouble in the secondary with deep throws, and even worst., jump ball.

I think the only way to stop this is to blitz Flacco, so that he does not have time to throw the deep lob...

IMO

I give the Ravens credit for not falling apart when they were falling apart earlier this year. I thought they had hit a wall and were done for, but they've pulled together. Ray Lewis has used his "retirement" to inspire people, and they've put out very good effort over the last 2 games. But I'm guessing that they will be like the 2006 Pats, a team that had similar age issues on defense. The Pats had to play 2 playoff games before the AFCCG, including a very draining and emotional game against highly favored San Diego. They dominated Indy in the first half, before running out of steam (with an assist from the flu and from Polian turning up the stadium temperatures) in the second. I'm guessing the Ravens will be game, but will get worn down and will ultimately wither.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back