PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots, Wilfork still working on a new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
New England Patriots and Vince Wilfork still discussing contract extension - ESPN

Patriots player personnel director Nick Caserio said Thursday the team is working every day on the matter and has had discussions with Wilfork's agent. He also said that Wilfork, one of the Patriots' defensive captains last season, is a productive player the team wants to keep.

Good news, hopefully they continue to work and hammer out a deal.

New England Patriots and Vince Wilfork still discussing contract extension - ESPN

Patriots player personnel director Nick Caserio said Thursday the team is working every day on the matter and has had discussions with Wilfork's agent. He also said that Wilfork, one of the Patriots' defensive captains last season, is a productive player the team wants to keep.

Good news, hopefully they continue to work and hammer out a deal.

Not sure if it's anything new. Reiss said that discussions have been ongoing for sure, but nothing subsantial has come from them.

I guess positive reports like this one are better then complete silence!

Great, hopefully they can get a deal done soon!! Wilfork will be happy, the Patriots will be happy and especially us fans!!

Yes indeed. I'd definitely like to see Big Vince in a Pats uniform for a few more years.

I'm not sure where they'll get the money right now, given the Burgess deal.

This would just be killer! -although it would likely mean the end of Seymour after the season... but maybe Brace was drafted to have a season to learn and then replace Seymour, not big Vince? :confused2:

Last edited:
This would just be killer! -although it would likely mean the end of Seymour after the season... but maybe Brace was drafted to have a season to learn and then replace Seymour, not big Vince? :confused2:
Brace is just part of the overall mix, if anything he's closer to a Ty Warren DE than he is to a Richard Seymour.

DI notes the money issue, suddenly more challenging with the trade for Burgess. That particular picture won't clarify until final cutdown and the next week's subsequent manuevering establishes the remaining funds available for this season. Like Ty Warren and Dan Koppen, I can see a new deal being reached mid-season, with the bulk of the guaranteed money charged to 2010 and beyond.

I like Big Vince's attitude. Although not happy about his contract situation he's showing up everyday and not letting it effect his play/preparation or letting it effect the team. He is a professional. Compare this to the Deion Branch situation a couple years ago, it's as different as night and day.

Brace is just part of the overall mix, if anything he's closer to a Ty Warren DE than he is to a Richard Seymour.

DI notes the money issue, suddenly more challenging with the trade for Burgess. That particular picture won't clarify until final cutdown and the next week's subsequent manuevering establishes the remaining funds available for this season. Like Ty Warren and Dan Koppen, I can see a new deal being reached mid-season, with the bulk of the guaranteed money charged to 2010 and beyond.

I agree brace is more ty warran then seymour. You are talking about a guy who was No 1 3/4 end in a few years in the league >Seymour last year led all 3/4 ends in sack in the NFL. Seymour is very very rare player. WHen seymour played injured for a year people thought ty was better. Yet last year comparing TY before his injury to seymour shows seymour was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes