Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots, Wilfork still working on a new deal

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by slash83, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

New England Patriots and Vince Wilfork still discussing contract extension - ESPN

Patriots player personnel director Nick Caserio said Thursday the team is working every day on the matter and has had discussions with Wilfork's agent. He also said that Wilfork, one of the Patriots' defensive captains last season, is a productive player the team wants to keep.

Good news, hopefully they continue to work and hammer out a deal.
  2. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not sure if it's anything new. Reiss said that discussions have been ongoing for sure, but nothing subsantial has come from them.

I guess positive reports like this one are better then complete silence!
  3. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

Great, hopefully they can get a deal done soon!! Wilfork will be happy, the Patriots will be happy and especially us fans!!
  4. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Yes indeed. I'd definitely like to see Big Vince in a Pats uniform for a few more years.
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +842 / 44 / -48

Disable Jersey

I'm not sure where they'll get the money right now, given the Burgess deal.
  6. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This would just be killer! -although it would likely mean the end of Seymour after the season... but maybe Brace was drafted to have a season to learn and then replace Seymour, not big Vince? :confused2:
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  7. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Brace is just part of the overall mix, if anything he's closer to a Ty Warren DE than he is to a Richard Seymour.

DI notes the money issue, suddenly more challenging with the trade for Burgess. That particular picture won't clarify until final cutdown and the next week's subsequent manuevering establishes the remaining funds available for this season. Like Ty Warren and Dan Koppen, I can see a new deal being reached mid-season, with the bulk of the guaranteed money charged to 2010 and beyond.
  8. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I like Big Vince's attitude. Although not happy about his contract situation he's showing up everyday and not letting it effect his play/preparation or letting it effect the team. He is a professional. Compare this to the Deion Branch situation a couple years ago, it's as different as night and day.
  9. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree brace is more ty warran then seymour. You are talking about a guy who was No 1 3/4 end in a few years in the league >Seymour last year led all 3/4 ends in sack in the NFL. Seymour is very very rare player. WHen seymour played injured for a year people thought ty was better. Yet last year comparing TY before his injury to seymour shows seymour was better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.