Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i get that theyre not sentimental like me
i get that willie is old and past his prime
i get that he would cost a decent amount of money

but if they had contacted him right away, there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve signed for less than 12 mill over 3 yrs
prob wouldve signed for like 9 mill over 3 yrs

i guess the pats really dont value him that highly, but they shouldve, even if its not entirely for his play, but partially for his leadership ability

i question bb and pioli very rarely
and i dont think ive ever said that they were dead wrong

but im saying it now
DEAD WRONG

patsfan55 said:
i get that theyre not sentimental like me
i get that willie is old and past his prime
i get that he would cost a decent amount of money

but if they had contacted him right away, there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve signed for less than 12 mill over 3 yrs

i guess the pats really dont value him that highly, but they shouldve, even if its not entirely for his play, but partially for his leadership ability

i question bb and pioli very rarely
and i dont think ive ever said that they were dead wrong

but im saying it now
DEAD WRONG
How do you know they had not contacted him?? Do you know that for a fact?? Unless you know that for a fact..don't speculate....we may never know exactly what happened...

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
How do you know they had not contacted him?? Do you know that for a fact?? Unless you know that for a fact..don't speculate....we may never know exactly what happened...

I believe willy when he said he nor his agent had been contacted by the pats after they released him

Pats726 said:
726, the worst example of baseless speculation is the following line:

but if they had contacted him right away, there is no doubt in my mind he wouldve signed for less than 12 mill over 3 yrs, prob wouldve signed for like 9 mill over 3 yrs

patsfan55 said:

over 3 years

That's the part that doesn't work for the Pats. He'll be 35 years old by the end of the 2006 season.

patsfan55 said:
I believe willy when he said he nor his agent had been contacted by the pats after they released him
They didn't contact him because the negotiations before they let him go when nowhere. They knew they were not going to meet his price so they let him go.

Pats67 said:
726, the worst example of baseless speculation is the following line:

i dont care that its baseless
its correct

patsfan55 said:

The last 3 words are a key part of that which is being overlooked.

They tried to renegotiate before they released him. They couldn't agree. Unless the Pats or Willie had changed their mind about value, what good does contacting him do?

hwc said:
over 3 years

That's the part that doesn't work for the Pats. He'll be 35 years old by the end of the 2006 season.

so its another pedro

im not so sure about that
i know more about willie than prob anyone on this board, and ive been saying all along that he has three yrs left in the tank

dhamz said:
The last 3 words are a key part of that which is being overlooked.

They tried to renegotiate before they released him. They couldn't agree. Unless the Pats or Willie had changed their mind about value, what good does contacting him do?

cuz when ur trying to re-work a deal is a lil diff than when you are starting from scratch

patsfan55 said:
its correct

Those two phrases (no periods...no capitals...not even a sentence, by definition!) redefine the epitome of moronic. Really.

I'm just left speechless at how my IQ just dropped 5 points by wasting 5 seconds of my time reading that.

patsfan55 said:

You do realize that the interview in which that was said took place on Saturday the 11th right? Or did Willie re-iterate it again?

patsfan55 said:
cuz when ur trying to re-work a deal is a lil diff than when you are starting from scratch

Ok. So, let me get this straight. You honestly believe that the Patriots trying to re-negotiate a contract prior to letting Willie go into free agency, something he said he was fully willing to do, is different than negotiating a contract after entering free agency. If Willie wasn't willing to take less prior to being a Free Agent, what makes you think he would take less after becoming a free agent?

Belichick did Willie a favor in my view. he could have reworked his contract to get another year out of him...changed his money to a bonus or whatever it is that they do....I hate the numbers stuff(with all due respect Miguel) I just care who is here.

I bet he could have used him for 1 more year but he let him go because he knew he could get a 3-year from somebody...and he did...Belichick is the good guy here in my opinion.

patsfan55 said:
its correct
You DO understand what 'baseless' means, don't you?

pats1 said:
Those two phrases (no periods...no capitals...not even a sentence, by definition!) redefine the epitome of moronic. Really.

I'm just left speechless at how my IQ just dropped 5 points by wasting 5 seconds of my time reading that.
Unless we just went to AIM format, he topped himself soon after. :D

I think these guys like to say they write that way for brevity's sake, but I really think its because its actually how they write.

DaBruinz said:
You do realize that the interview in which that was said took place on Saturday the 11th right? Or did Willie re-iterate it again?

Willie said it, direct to camera, on NFL Network, on 'Browns Cam', this evening.

Pats726 said:
Exactly.

For what it's worth in the way of information, if anything, on FSN Sports Tonight it was reported that Belichick called Willie on the day he was cut. And also that Kraft called Willie today and wished him the very best.

arrellbee said:
For what it's worth in the way of information, if anything, on FSN Sports Tonight it was reported that Belichick called Willie on the day he was cut. And also that Kraft called Willie today and wished him the very best.
And that the Patriots were in touch with "his people" throughout.

BelichickFan said:
And that the Patriots were in touch with "his people" throughout.

Seems to say to me that after all was said and done....it was all about the money for Willie, make NO mistake about it. I am not saying he was wrong, but it is what it is and no way would or should the NEP have come even close to the Browns deal. We have bigger fish to hook right now - starting with Seymour and Branch.

BB was classy in calling Willie the day he let him go and Bob Kraft was as well by calling him today - WHY did Willie not mention this, plus the fact that the Patriot office was in touch with his camp all week? That ticks me off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye