PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Jets - Official PreGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing in on 3:00; SMY tweeted that that's when inactives are due.

Good news via SMY: shalisemyoung Aaron Hernandez is on the field warming up, no trainer hovering nearby, a good sign for him to play

But emotional is not always a positive.

This x 10.

Emotion works to get you motivated and always good in practice, but once you're on the field, you have to start thinking with your head. Emotion is what could get Bart Scott a letter from the NFL offices.

Brad Smith inactive, via Peter King's twitter

RapSheet RT @nyjets: #RL Jets inactives for today's game: WR/KR Brad Smith, FB John Conner, DE Vernon Gholston, DT Jarron Gilbert ... TE Matt Mulligan, TE Jeff Cumberland and DT Marcus Dixon. Kellen Clemens is the third QB. #pepsimax

Gholston, LOL. Guess they don't want him to try and get that sack bonus.

Last edited:
Interesting from Breer on Twitter:

this is a loose Jets team. Obvious this wk, as opposed to Dec. Lowery told me Leonhard injury back then "took air out of our balloon"

This is probably the big reason I don't expect another blowout (though I'll take one!). Hard to argue the Jets were flat, and such a key injury -- and the nature of it -- would play into that. Still, I don't think that explains 45-3.

WOW, Brad Smith is INACTIVE!!!

Brad Smith inactive, via Peter King's twitter

I'll say it again: Smith is the Jets' MVP. Without him, no playoffs. The Pats have done a good job neutralizing him, but that's a weapon they'll miss.

Inactives: Patriots Inactives: Fred Taylor, Rich Ohrnberger, Mark LeVoir, Taylor Price, Myron Pryor, Thomas Clayton, Tony Carter & Marques Murrell

From Pats twitter

Fred Taylor is a suprise, and I was hoping Pryor could play. No other real suprises.

feel bad for fred taylor though

Jim Nantz on 98.5 pre game show: the Patriots look more like a Super Bowl team than any team he's covered.

Jim Nantz on 98.5 pre game show: the Patriots look more like a Super Bowl team than any team he's covered.

Yeah, but what's he telling the NYC folks? ;)

just watch what he says during the game.it will be all the things jets are doing or not doing.

For some reason that comment raised my level of nervousness. :(

where is patsnutsme the official gameday thread starter ? he needs to start the thread for a good omen .

I'll second that. It's time! (No offense to Ian who started this thread, but we've got to stick with what works!)

Disagree - Nantz has always struck me as a Patriots, if not Tom Brady, fan.

Disagree - Nantz has always struck me as a Patriots, if not Tom Brady, fan.

Not at all...he is most certainly a certified Peyton Manning ball washer...and NY Jet lover...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes