PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Jets - Official PreGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else thinks Danny Wood is going to have a big game today? I'm predicting 140 yards ruushing with 2 TD's.

I think that will probably be a big key, especially if they start getting pressure and if the Jets end up making it tough for the other guys to get open. He's been a guy who has done a good job in those situations...although I don't want to see him trying to block anymore 300+ pound linemen. That didn't work out too well the last time he was in that match-up.

Conversely the pats should be pumped and jacked after all that trash talk by Jabba and the Jests. So i think its a wash.

I agree ... I don't feel the pre game pump it up stuff is a factor as both teams always are pumped up ... it's all about the game time pump and ours is primed with 2 weeks of preparation

last 2 hours are going to go by even slower!

A friend of mine who is at the stadium just posted this pic - it's pretty funny :D

163202_10150386158275322_519650321_16777399_5332797_n.jpg

Defensive Lineman Eric Moore Could Be Difference-Maker for Patriots Against Jets - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Funny how I talked about this in the pre-game thread a few days ago. Dare we entertain the notion that sportswriters steal ideas from this forum? :rolleyes:
I've heard Felger mention this site and have seen Eric Wilbur link to it in a column when he quoted somebody here's observation. Christopher Price and SMY used to post here too. So it's not as if sportswriters are not familiar with this site. It wouldn't surprise me at all if writers got ideas from this forum. Anybody that has read some of your analysis knows that you really know what you're talking about in regards to football in general, and the Pats in particular.

Regardless of whether or not Howe borrowed from your idea, in my opinion he has become one of the best of the local media that follow the Patriots. His columns have been top notch all season.

Last edited:
Somehow, watching this brain-numbingly boring NFC game is only making 430pm seem further away. If I started drinking now, the house would be dry even before Shannon Sharpe picks the Jets in the pregame show.

Right now, Predator on AMC for those who have that channel.
Will help time pass by.

-Jamman
Even though ive seen it about 50 X its Better than the bears sea chickens game

I think we're going to have to withstand a furious rally by the Jets to open the game. They're going to come with everything they have and as long as we can weather it, we should be fine.
I actually think the Jets will so worried about starting well, so intent on proving they belong, that they will make critical early mistakes.
Offensively, they may get ultra conservative and not move the ball at all, or if they try to prove Sanchez can handle his job, look for an early pick or 2.
Defensively, I think they will outthink themselves early. I expect an early 40+ yard play on a picked up blitz or blwon coverage.

My stomach is turning as if I am playing in the game...a little nervous about this one...

Same here..i am confident..but i would not take a loss to the jets well...probably wouldn't talk to anyone for a week..but i have confidence!

where is patsnutsme the official gameday thread starter ? he needs to start the thread for a good omen .

I think that will probably be a big key, especially if they start getting pressure and if the Jets end up making it tough for the other guys to get open. He's been a guy who has done a good job in those situations...although I don't want to see him trying to block anymore 300+ pound linemen. That didn't work out too well the last time he was in that match-up.
His quickness could be key in the running game vs one gap rushers and blitzes. Once he is past the first line of defense, he is very dangerous.

His quickness could be key in the running game vs one gap rushers and blitzes. Once he is past the first line of defense, he is very dangerous.

Agreed, he's terrific in the open field. Hopefully we see plenty of that today :cool:

Nevertheless, after that speech by Byrd, I think this is going to be their mentality, and the Jets are an emotional team. They wear their emotions on their sleeves, and with that in mind, I think that is how they are going to come.

BB is going to have the Patriots on an even keel and as long as they don't give in to the temptation of trying to match the Jets intensity, the rest will take care of itself. The talent, the schemes, and the matchups are all in our favor and as long as we cross our t's and dot our i's, there's no reason we shouldn't end up with the win, barring a massive breakdown or colossal sphincter-pucker.
But emotional is not always a positive.

Same here..i am confident..but i would not take a loss to the jets well...probably wouldn't talk to anyone for a week..but i have confidence!

Agree...I will certainly not handle a loss well. I do think the Pats will roll...but anything can happen.

Keyshawn's the contrarian today, he picked the Seahawks and the Jets - opposite of everyone else.

So was Bradshaw though he picked the Jets and the Seahawks because there's no way he can catch up to the rest of the talking sportheads on Faux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back