PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Jets - Official PreGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of having the late game either. It's going to be a long afternoon waiting for this one.

Yeah, I cringed when I found it it was actually a 4:30 game (though I knew it would be). I am sitting here just watching all of the downloaded video of the team that I compiled this season. If I can get my VCR to work, I may watch the '03 AFCCG . . . it's one of my favorite Pats games of the last decade.

I think we're going to have to withstand a furious rally by the Jets to open the game. They're going to come with everything they have and as long as we can weather it, we should be fine.

This is dangerous for the Jets. They are a team that haven't scored a first quarter TD since September. They are a slow start team. Maybe trying to go all out will change that trend, but going all out and still start off slow will kill their confidence. I think that is why they basically quit in December. They came out wanting to move the ball down the field quickly and it blew up on them.

I still like the Pats' approach (not that is always effective) of playing all 60 minutes. Putting too much emphasis to have a fast start can really backfire on a team and not just the Jets.

I'd love nothing else than to see them go out and throw up another 40+ and hold them to less than 10 points. That would be the ultimate statement :cool:

The ultimate statement for me would be to remove all doubt. No turnovers and penalties to give the Pats the victory. Domination in all three phases of the game with pure football. Give them (Jets) nothing to build on during the off-season. Destroy their (Jets) confidence. Let the gum-flapping cease with this game. Too much to ask for? :)

The team just pointed out that "Today's National Anthem singer is Sully Erna of Godsmack."

Should be interesting :cool:

I think we're going to have to withstand a furious rally by the Jets to open the game. They're going to come with everything they have and as long as we can weather it, we should be fine.

very important we dont fall behind early. i dont know when we last played a team, trailing by a TD...lions ?

iam already on the edge.

My plan was to wait an hour before the game for my first beer, might start soon to take my edge off...

Starting to get that feeling in my stomach...jebus I love playoff football!

This is dangerous for the Jets. They are a team that haven't scored a first quarter TD since September. They are a slow start team. Maybe trying to go all out will change that trend, but going all out and still start off slow will kill their confidence. I think that is why they basically quit in December. They came out wanting to move the ball down the field quickly and it blew up on them.

I still like the Pats' approach (not that is always effective) of playing all 60 minutes. Putting too much emphasis to have a fast start can really backfire on a team and not just the Jets.

Nevertheless, after that speech by Byrd, I think this is going to be their mentality, and the Jets are an emotional team. They wear their emotions on their sleeves, and with that in mind, I think that is how they are going to come.

BB is going to have the Patriots on an even keel and as long as they don't give in to the temptation of trying to match the Jets intensity, the rest will take care of itself. The talent, the schemes, and the matchups are all in our favor and as long as we cross our t's and dot our i's, there's no reason we shouldn't end up with the win, barring a massive breakdown or colossal sphincter-pucker.

Conversely the pats should be pumped and jacked after all that trash talk by Jabba and the Jests. So i think its a wash.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that BB didn't have someone come in and talk to our team? This was not announced by the Jets. Edwards put it out there on twitter or we wouldn't even know about it. I expect our guys to be just as fired up to play too. BB has his own methods of motivation. ;)

The team just pointed out that "Today's National Anthem singer is Sully Erna of Godsmack."

Should be interesting :cool:

In other news I'll be singing the anthem in my sig right before kickoff

very important we dont fall behind early. i dont know when we last played a team, trailing by a TD...lions ?

Pats were down 10 to the Packers when KR Connolly made his debut. :)

yeah, its been awhile and sorry, the Jets havent scored a first TD since week 4, we wont have to worry much about trailing, we have the best offense in the league lead by the best QB in the league.

we got this

I'm dying to know what BB's pre-game schtick was! He's had some really cool ones, he had them watch a horse race in 2001 I believe. He had Jim Brown in one year but iifc things didn't work out too well.

We'll find out what today's was :D

F the Jests, F their fans, F Rex Ryan, F the Sperminator, F Mevi$, F 'em all.:rocker:

Who else thinks Danny Wood is going to have a big game today? I'm predicting 140 yards ruushing with 2 TD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back