Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots vs Chargers Expert picks

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 13 / -10

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

Bruschi's Breakdown: Tedy Bruschi and Mike Reiss break down Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers - ESPN Boston

4. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

NFL Picks, Grades - CBSSports.com Football

At CBS Sports Pete Prisco, Clark Judge, Will Brinson and Josh Katzowitz all pick the Chargers to rebound with a win Sunday; only Dave Richard goes with the Pats.

Choosing against the spread (San Diego -3.5) Judge and Katzowitz join Richard in going with the Pats to cover.

NFL Picks, Grades - CBSSports.com Football

Prisco's prediction: Chargers 21, Pats 17.

"The Chargers are in a must-win situation. They can't afford to go to 2-5. This is a long trip for the Patriots, who played well in their first Randy Moss-less game last week. The Chargers desperation will show here. They find a way with Philip Rivers having a big day."

5. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

PFT's Week Seven picks | ProFootballTalk.com

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,011 / 42 / -15

I am totally and utterly shocked that Brian Baldinger picked against the Pats. BTW, I never realized that Baldinger has a Tory Holt finger.

7. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

NFL Picks and Predictions for Week 7 - National Football League - ESPN
    6-4 Pats: Eric Allen, Mike Golic, Merril Hoge, Chris Mortensen, and Mark Schlereth go with the Pats; Ron Jaworski, Adam Schefter, Adam Wickersham, and Accuscore take the Chargers. Accuscore has San Diego winning 57% of the time, by an average score of 24.4 to 22.0: NFL Projections and Simulations - National Football League - ESPN

Sunday Countdown: Your weekly NFL guide - ESPN
    The Sunday Countdown crew - Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson - are all believing the Pats will win.

Video Games - EA Sports Simulations - ESPN
    Their Madden video game simulation has the Pats winning 30-27.

NFL Football Scouting - National Football League - ESPN
    Ken Moll of Scouts, Inc. has the Chargers winning 24-23.

Video: Countdown Daily prediction - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
    Mark Schlereth and Mike Golic both take the Pats to win.

ESPN BOSTON Video: Watch Sports Videos and Highlights Online - ESPN Boston
    Marcellus Wiley predicts the Pats will win 24-17.

Bill Simmons: October mailbag - ESPN
    Bill Simmons takes the Pats (+3): Couldn't San Diego just trade Norv Turner to Dallas for Wade Phillips and three vacant stares to be named later?

ESPN Video: Hank Goldberg
    Hank Goldberg thinks the Pats couldn't have caught San Diego at a better time, and picks New England.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  8. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

He said it himself. The Chargers have the number 1 offense and defense and they only won 2 games. He must think they are bound for a win this week. I don't think so.

9. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +305 / 21 / -3

89% of bettors have picked New England +3. That's a gigantic, almost unfathomable number. Usually 65% would mark uneven betting and would cause Vegas to adjust their lines. Is Phil Dunphy's prophecy coming true? Brady injured?

10. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 13 / -10

watching baldinger tonite..he was breaking down the bills-ravens game and showed how good the ravens D is and said brady(mr hollywood as he called him) really struggled against the ravens and showed 3 plays on film . What about the rest of the game ?
    Does baldinger have something against the pats ??

11. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

If I'm not mistaken the line started at New England +3.5 and has moved to as much as Pats +2 at some places now. I think the heavy betting on one side was due to the initial SD injury reports, plus the most recent memory of games each team played: Pats with a solid win against a very good team; Chargers with a bad loss against a sub-par team.

12. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,011 / 42 / -15

Baldinger was raised in NJ and NY and is a big Jets fan. You can draw your own conclusions.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 12 / -14

I thought Brady wasn't as sharp as usual, he threw a lot of low off target passes.

14. AQPE

AQPE On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I don't see this as a trap game. I trust that the Pats are not overlooking San Diego and remember the vicious beating they took out there a couple of years ago.

San Diego is a schizo team this year but so far they've been great at home, and going coast to coast is always a challenge, especially in this spot for the Pats with so many young players that have either never done it before or have little experience with it yet.

The Pats have good momentum right now, but in my opinion (1) Rivers is the best QB they've faced so far this year, (2) I don't think from a scheme and talent standpoint (even with the Chargers' injury issues) the Pats defense matches up well against the Chargers offense, and (3) I have to believe that San Diego will be desperate to avoid a fifth loss this early in the season.

Overall I'm not so optimistic about a Pats win this weekend but it wont shock me if it happens. Coaching is always the most significant "x" factor and (in spite of what I just said about scheme being an important factor) you have to like Belichick against Norv (I can't think of Norv without thinking about that "Bang" cartoon "Norv Away" a year or two ago, if you haven't seen that then check it out, it's very funny).

15. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,011 / 42 / -15

I don't know if I buy the desperation argument. The Chargers were pretty desperate last week when they lost to a mediocre Rams team when they were 2-3. They were moderately desperate when they lost to a bad Oakland team the week before. By my estimation this is their third desperation game in a row and they are currently 0-2 in desperation games against inferior teams.

16. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

Even against the spread, Tom Curran decides to 'go with the home team here' and is taking the Chargers (-3) over the Pats. Perhaps that choice is a good sign; Curran was 0-2-2 last week and is just 8-13-2 with his picks so far this season. On a side note 89% of the CSNNE audience went with the Pats and the points.

Quick Slants: Curran's Quick Picks

NFL picks: Week 7 - CSNNE - Rich Levine

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  17. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 13 / -10

i would be pleasantly shocked if the chargers go 2-5. i dont see it happening @ home for SD unless they really meltdown or the pats play out of their skin. this is the usual thing with all experts...lots of people picked the ravens to win last week and this wekk thye are taking the pats just on the form of the last game.
    Thats why the balt game was huge win because this game will be very hard for this young team to pull out on the road.

18. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't like how many people are picking the Pats; it makes it harder for Bill to keep the younger player's egos in check which causes mistakes and losses.

19. jmt57

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

The Fox Sports panel of writers are 4-2 in favor of the Pats. Jay Glazer, Alex Marvez, Adam Schein and Adam Caplan went with the Pats while John Czarnecki and Peter Schrager picked the Chargers.

Weekly expert NFL picks - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

What If Sports has the Chargers winning 75.8% of the time on their computer simulator - the 5th highest winning percentage this week. A couple other teams that I surprised they had winning as often as they do are the Steelers (78.2%) at Miami, the Rams (64.5%) at Tampa Bay, the Bears (68.7%) vs Washington and Seattle (71.1%) vs Arizona. For comparison's sake they only have Baltimore winning 70.9% of the time at home against Buffalo; I don't consider that game to be remotely as close to the Pats-Chargers or those four other games. Their average score is San Diego 29, Pats 18.

2010 NFL Week 7 Picks and Predictions from Whatifsports.com From WhatIfSports.com

2010 NFL Week 7 - New England Patriots vs San Diego Chargers From WhatIfSports.com

20. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Baldy has some of the biggest hands I've ever seen. He could unscrew your head, one -handed. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.