PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Broncos Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the weather is going to be a factor for either QB and regardless it won't stop manning from throwing,

If the Pats give way to the Denver run game they won't win this. The Pats have to control the run; not 100% but enough to keep them honest. Hillman isn't a power runner, but very very fast.

Keeping Brady clean: this is a must, and my biggest worry. I think the Denver DL is the best they will see all season.

NE has to win the TO battle.

Denver can't stop Gronk, but they could limit him. No idea how, but suppose anything is possible; they will go after his legs, I promise.

The screen won't work against Denver, the LB's are much too quick.

Julias Thomas can't block for ****; our defense has to take advantage.

Emmanuel Sanders benefits from Demaryius Thomas, so our guys have to shut down DT with one guy to take out ES.

Can Gronk or Lafell beat Talib? or Harris?

Vereen could play a big role (if he can catch) but not in a true screen game; again, the Denver defense is very quick.

MASH THE MOONFOREHEAD!!!

As always it will come to controlling the LOS.

We got dominated in the AFCCG there. Biggest matchup is for Stork with Knighton. That guy caused the most issues in that game.

I don't think the weather is going to be a factor for either QB and regardless it won't stop manning from throwing,

It may not stop him from throwing...but a 77 rating when it's windy out is pretty telling that if the weather is bad...manning is very beatable and has a hard time

The other thing is JD won't change his defensive game plan all game so NE could get it figured out as the game progresses,

The other thing is JD won't change his defensive game plan all game so NE could get it figured out as the game progresses,
Yeah but ultimately will come down to blocking them. They were very physical even vs seattle and have kept them in the game. I think our oline has turned the corner but this is like a MIA,KC dline and our gameplan might be the same we tried vs KC . Quick short passes .Hopefully we execute better.

funny how Foxborough is colder on average in the winter then denver..and gets the exact same amount of snowfall in the winter. Manning has yet to see a bad weather game in denver and may never see one.

funny how Foxborough is colder on average in the winter then denver..and gets the exact same amount of snowfall in the winter. Manning has yet to see a bad weather game in denver and may never see one.

2012 divisional vs Baltimore?

I'll be very visible at the game...I got this sign "Whatever Happened To Brady2Moss"...

I want answers , d%#*!@t!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000420290/How-can-Broncos-win-in-Foxborough

More 'experts'. "This is the best team Manning has taken to foxboro ever" .
While this might be true , I heard that in 2003 and 2004 also.

I swear it's the same thing year after year I feel like fans/media are so willfully ignorant when it comes to this. Monster stats off garbage competition, then they get smacked up by New England. The AFC game last year was an anomoly. That team was decimated by injury.

I swear it's the same thing year after year I feel like fans/media are so willfully ignorant when it comes to this. Monster stats off garbage competition, then they get smacked up by New England. The AFC game last year was an anomoly. That team was decimated by injury.
Well, I dont mind as long as they give the other perspective. No one talks how pats can win the game since they are technically the underdog.
If broncos win, they are superior. If pats win, it was homefield, cold, broncos mistakes blah blah.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000420290/How-can-Broncos-win-in-Foxborough

More 'experts'. "This is the best team Manning has taken to foxboro ever" .
While this might be true , I heard that in 2003 and 2004 also.

That's the thing about this ****. These guys are like talking dolls. Every year the string gets pulled and they say the same ****. I wish someone would make a montage of Peyton ball washing to demonstrate that the talking heads say this garbage every single season.

It's not analysis. It's straight up fandom.

That's the comment of a hopeful fan.

This would be a beautiful year for another narrative-shattering one and done.

Manning has a 77.8 QB rating when winds are at least 14mph

and it will be at least 14

Maybe...

Not a definite yet from everything that I'm seeing. Looks like it will be around 45, but it will start dropping around 4-5pm. They have it down to around 40 or so as of 7pm.

Winds are about 15mph throughout, at least at the moment.

EDIT: looks like the weather channel has the winds around 15-20mph in the day, so let's hope they are right.

I don't think they can. If they concede the run...Manning will feast on play action like he always does. Stop the run...PA goes out the window.

Also last year when the Broncos got huge lead - I think we had 2 huge TOs in first half and lost the TO battle if I am not mistaken. Win the TO battle...winning the TO battle at home, their #s are amazing.
I think depends if they want Denver to run. If so, then BB is going to coach them to ignore the PA fake and just play pass. But the issue is stopping them in the redzone. That can prove tough .

I think depends if they want Denver to run. If so, then BB is going to coach them to ignore the PA fake and just play pass. But the issue is stopping them in the redzone. That can prove tough .

Have to keep them outside of the 20s at all cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back