PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Broncos Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get in 3rd and 15 vs this team. We made critical 3rd and very long plays vs the Bills and Bears. Wont happen vs this team

Absolutely. Won't get that kind of time with Ware and the druggie Von Miller breathing down Bradys back.

Agree. This Denver front will be the best they have seen and may see all year.. if this OL can limit them to 1-2 sacks..i would consider that a win

QB hits also have to be considered. If those are limited, and Tom is able to throw for 3 or more TDs, I will consider it one of the biggest accomplishments of the OL this season. I'm confidant in our WR's ability to do a fairly good job against Denver's DBs, but the OL is going to be what determines whether or not we can adequately trade blows with the Broncos. If the line gives Brady time, and our DBs play up to their potential, I'm fairly confidant that we can escape this game with a win.

and please for the love of god refs..call a fair game..either let them play..or play it close..but don't change how you are going to call the game from qtr to qtr.

My hope is since this is such a big game..they will let them play a bit. And it isn't in denver so hopefully they won't get the BS calls like they do at home just like the SD game.

Assuming we play the Broncos in the regular season again next year...

Would it be in Foxborough or in Denver? Isn't there a pattern of it switching every 3-4 years?

We go into Denver for the next 3 years.

I think this is the game TB12 shuts everyone up. Outplays Manning and Revis has a pick 6. Manning is arrogant enough to try and go after him.

Also, how about Browner lighting Sanders or Welker up once like he did vs CHI

Assuming we play the Broncos in the regular season again next year...

Would it be in Foxborough or in Denver? Isn't there a pattern of it switching every 3-4 years?

We have played them what..3 years in a row now in reg season? I find it hard to imagine we play them again. We play all AFC West teams this year...so not sure we play them next.

We have played them what..3 years in a row now in reg season? I find it hard to imagine we play them again. We play all AFC West teams this year...so not sure we play them next.

We should play them again. Don't we play the 2 division winners out of the AFC division we play that season and we would hopefully be the AFC east division winner.

We should play them again. Don't we play the 2 division winners out of the AFC division we play that season and we would hopefully be the AFC east division winner.

If we do play them it won't be at home again..if it is then that's strange..but I would take it. 3 years in a row at home??

If we do play them it won't be at home again..if it is then that's strange..but I would take it. 3 years in a row at home??
I doubt we play them at home next year if both win their divisions. But maybe with next years schedule they will have to play the pats in foxboro again. Never know

They rotate every three years, so that is exactly what would happen. Remember Indy coming to NE 2004-2006? And NE going to Indy 2007-2009?

The only question is whether 2015 is a switch year. If not, then they will play again in NE assuming they end up in the same spot in their respective divisions.

They rotate every three years, so that is exactly what would happen. Remember Indy coming to NE 2004-2006? And NE going to Indy 2007-2009?

The only question is whether 2015 is a switch year. If not, then they will play again in NE assuming they end up in the same spot in their respective divisions.

Got it..beginning of this year I remember Broncos fans were saying how it was BS and that Kraft and goodell are buddy's so that was the reason...they smoke a lot of that sticky icky out there!

Cinci has a better line than Denver. The Bill's line may easily be their equal. Even the lowly Jets and Miami lines are nothing to sneeze at.

The Pats have played half their road games. The Donks have 6 of 8 to go on the road. The Pats didn't luck out and play a team's third string QB; nor a team missing their starting CBs.

I think the Broncos strengths are somewhat artificially exagerated.
Maybe at the time, but halfway through the season Denver's defensive line is #1 against the run. They also have quite a few sacks this year. But I see what you mean if they're exaggerated numbers. I still think the O-line should definitely try and stay on top of their game. I know Brady can get rid of the ball fast, but would still like Brady to have a chance at chucking it deep a few times. Their secondary isn't all that.

Hi Peytie...

hulk.jpg

"Maybe at the time, but halfway through the season Denver's defensive line is #1 against the run."

While it is true that Denver leads the league in total rushing yards allowed, let's keep in mind that the main reason for that is that teams have found themselves behind, and then abandon the run in an attempt to catch up. I wouldn't automatically take that rushing yards per game statistic and conclude that the Broncos have the best defensive line in the NFL.

In week one the Broncos stopped Trent Richardson; they're certainly not the first team to do so.
In week two the Chiefs were without Jamaal Charles.
In week three Seattle ran for 129 yards on Denver.
In week five the Cardinals started Drew Stanton, and then he had to leave the game. Denver stacked the line and dared Arizona to beat them with Stanton, and then third-string QB Logan Thomas.
In week six Rex had Geno Smith drop back to pass 49 times. Rex is not too bright.
In week seven the Niners fell behind, though to Denver's credit they did hold SF to 3.4 yards per carry.
In week eight the Chargers, who rank 30th in rushing in the NFL, averaged 4.1 yards per carry vs Denver

I'm not trying to say Denver is not good (they are) or that they aren't good on defense against the run (again, they are).

I'm just saying that the total rushing yards allowed statistic may be a bit misleading.

The last time I brought up Tyms was when he was moved up to the active roster, I said he would catch a bomb for a TD ... he did. I'm back on Tyms, I think he catches a couple balls and a TD on Sunday.

#tymstime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey