PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Post all your reactions, overreactions, rants and insightful analysis to the week 5 loss by the Patriots to Cincinnati here.

We really just lost a game where we gave up 13 points and had no penalties? I'm speechless.

If I was Josh Freeman I'd be sitting near my phone

Everybody kept waiting for the straw that would break the offense's back. We found it. Once Ridley was gone, the Pats couldn't even use the running game to open up the passing game.

Let's see how unbearable this place can be this week.

The defense can only play great for so long. We have a great defense. Hopefully Tommy is alright. The offense needs to get more on sync. That's all I am going to say after watching this game.

So much for 19-0 :p With all seriousness its hard to win on the road in the NFL. Look at how Seattle is struggling to pull it out in Indy and everyone has them as the proverbial favorites to win the SB. This team just needs to regroup, get Gronk back and get ready for a big showdown w/NO in at home next week.

Everybody kept waiting for the straw that would break the offense's back. We found it. Once Ridley was gone, the Pats couldn't even use the running game to open up the passing game.

Yes, without 3.7ypc, we were screwed. :rolleyes:

bad game over all.

we were not prepared, and lost thoroughly.

4 and 1

clock management at the end was putrid.

Horrible play calling in the 2nd half by McDaniels. He seemed confused on how to use both Edelman and Amendola at the same time..

Defense clearly got gassed in giving up the two long drives to the Bengals.

Way too much over the middle passing in the final two drives by the Pats.

Praying that Tommy Kelly's injury isn't severe.

Gotta give credit to the Bengals defense. They smothered Brady and the O-line.

needed Gronk today!

I have to see a replay of that Amendola catch at the goal line again. I can't believe he didnt get that ball over the line.

Its amazing this team is 4-1 considering BB thought it was a great idea to surround Brady with an injury prone slot, a rookie in Thompkins, a average receiver in Edelman and a rookie in Dobson who cannot catch or run the correct routes.

How many Patriots drops were there today?

Really?

I don't think Ridley would've made a difference. The offensive line didn't consistently win against the CIN defensive line.

Too many dropped passes. The offense didn't make the easy plays that were on the field. Too hard to win against good teams when you're not making the easy ones.

bad game over all.

we were not prepared, and lost thoroughly.

4 and 1

Saying the Pats weren't prepared is BS.... Plain and simple.. And totally disses the Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes