PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots voted best organization in SN midseason players poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
New England Patriots. The organization does a good job of bringing guys in and plugging them in different places and getting it done. The backfield for instance—they're shuffling that around. And some of the receivers when Tom Brady won the Super Bowl, they weren't huge names, but that got it done." — NFC defensive player

"Patriots. Just their history of winning—it speaks for itself." — NFC defensive player

hmmm........ interesting.......... these players must be different from the ones who called BB overrated

So, assuming it's the same 103 players they call the Patriots the best organization but call BB over rated...yeah, makes sense :bricks:

They are right this time, however.

Interesting. The top Four, NEP, PIT, NYG and GB, with Number Five not even close, are in the exact order in which I would rank them.

I'm surprised that folks here aren't all over the fact that the NYJ are tied for Fifth as the "Worst Organization" (after CLE, JAX, OAK and BUF) with Wrecks as the overwhelming choice for "Most Overrated Coach" with 53 votes (with BB a distant second at 16).

hmmm........ interesting.......... these players must be different from the ones who called BB overrated

I doubt very much that this is a rational, scientific voting process (in other words, your guess is as good as mine), but that's more than possible since BB only received 16 votes in the "overrated" category while the Patriots Franchise received 34 in the beauty contest. There were 101 voters, so, yeah, the numbers work out; the more interesting fact is that Wrecks received OVER HALF the total votes for "overrated."

More seriously, I don't think we can overlook the respect with which the Krafts are held by many players after Mr. Kraft's role in resolving the CBA dispute last year; in other words, I think Jeff Saturday was expressing the feelings of a lot of players.

Otherwise, I have no idea how to reconcile those two results.

Last edited:
We finally beat the Giants at something. :rocker:

I am actually shocked the Patriots didn't receive a greater percent of the vote.

Makes sense to me. Asking whether BB is overrated is different than whether he's the best coach. BB would win a best coach poll by a landslide. There are just enough haters who believe the sentiment that he's the second coming of Vince Lombardi is overrating BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back