PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v Chiefs Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC was trying to set the Guiness Decibel Level record tonight. If you are the visiting team in THIS atmosphere, you need your QB to run a silent count, 4 WR hurry up offense, get the rhythm and run the Chiefs line ragged. McDaniels opted to do the exact opposite.

I mean, we all watched it. WHAT THE FLYING YOU KNOW WHAT was THAT? A mistake? There's something fishy going on inside the staff on this team, I'm convinced of it.

I had a bad feeling judging by the amount of press coverage the KC Chiefs have been getting before this game with the Patriots non-existent.

You might be right Joker. But maybe the set-up isn't between Tom and the Pats, but simply taking one for the team and the greater good, something I DO believe in. And when I say the team, I mean the NFL.

A 1-3 Chiefs team in that division, would have pretty much left them dead in the waters for the remaining of the season after only 4 games. A 2-2 Pats team in our division, is very much alive and well. Just saying...The NFL loves their parity. And this outcome is just better for the overall product. Having said that, that isn't an excuse. We still sucked.

You have to be kidding if you think Russell Wilson has better receiving options than Brady. Heck, we were all mocking Alex Smith's receiving options until we made his #87 look like our #87.

This falls on coaching, and probably youth. Remember 2010 when we were all astonished at how well that team played, despite it's youth? Well, we're seeing the polar inverse of 2010 this year.

I'd fire Josh tonight.
Not happening, that is BBs guy, Bill must not have a problem with him, because McD has been McD since he has been here.

You have to be kidding if you think Russell Wilson has better receiving options than Brady. Heck, we were all mocking Alex Smith's receiving options until we made his #87 look like our #87.

This falls on coaching, and probably youth. Remember 2010 when we were all astonished at how well that team played, despite it's youth? Well, we're seeing the polar inverse of 2010 this year.

I'm obviously talking about the defense in the case of Seattle and running game in the case of KC. We have NONE of those things.

Kelce is a damn good TE. 'We' didn't make him look that way. He is that.

Not happening, that is BBs guy, Bill must not have a problem with him, because McD has been McD since he has been here.

Even better reason to fire him! We can see how he #$%$ing likes it for a change!

Couple things:

1.) makes we wonder if this game didn't improve Tyms' chances of making the 53.

2.) Now that Chiefs are behind us we can maybe pick up Worthy again from the chiefs PS and drop the JAG from Carolina.

3.) talent is there IMO. You don't need mega talent to pass in this league. You need a smart QB with time and some dependable sure handed WRs. Brady is playing rattled after 3 weeks of bad o-line play, the WRs aren't on the same page as Brady and the O-line is having major issues but obviously less than last week.

4.) really think we will see the Pats simplify the playbook. It's a short week, protection is improving, and all their fancy alignments and adjustments got chewed up. Time to reset and go back to basics.

5.) I don't think Browner will help this team much. Front 4 has major issues that he can help. DBs are playing well enough but the LBs are to focused on the run and it is making everyone vulnerable.

6.) Players need to stop dancing and just go. Be it tackling or hitting the hole. Vereen played scared.

7.) I really, really think we need to look at FA for a capable OG. We are one short of a passable line.

I see you saved my prediction. I might have been too conservative. In a speed league the Pats have managed to field a team with very little athleticism. Not a good combo.

An OG is not going to make a difference. Not drafting JAGS like Jamie Collins would however.

I feel like this is the end of a era... the Tom Brady era. Brady got screwed with this o-line and WR corp, but Brady himself hasn't been impressive either. Would it shock anyone if they got rid of Brady next season?

I dunno, I don't think failing to retain Welker has been a problem. I think the problem was entirely in how they chose to replace him. Amendola isn't the guy, unfortunately.

Edelman, LaFell, Dobson and Thompkins should all be active. If that means 5 active WRs, so be it. If it means 4 with amendola inactive, so be it.

Yeah, a couple of avg-below avg receivers would have made the difference. Nobody that can penetrate on defense was, and is, a more critical problem. If has been for a couple years.

Out of the disaster that was Monday Night Football can we take a moment to acknowledge Brandon LaFell. I was quite impressed with him today.

Whatever issues are plaguing Dobson need to be put aside. If he's healthy, the Patriots need to start Edelman, LaFell, Dobson and Gronkowski together and if possible, work in Tim Wright. There's too much athletic ability in the group for the team to be this ****.

I dont know . Its hard for me to believe BB will compromise a win vs doing something like a long term diabolical plan.
Somtimes the simple explanation is that they are just bad players combined with stupid coaching.

Exactly. They just don't have very many difference-making players.

Out of the disaster that was Monday Night Football can we take a moment to acknowledge Brandon LaFell. I was quite impressed with him today.

Whatever issues are plaguing Dobson need to be put aside. If he's healthy, the Patriots need to start Edelman, LaFell, Dobson and Gronkowski together and if possible, work in Tim Wright. There's too much athletic ability in the group for the team to be this ****.

Ain't gonna happen. Coaches suck. They are purposely not putting the players to succeed.

I feel like this is the end of a era... the Tom Brady era. Brady got screwed with this o-line and WR corp, but Brady himself hasn't been impressive either. Would it shock anyone if they got rid of Brady next season?

I would not be shocked if they cut or traded Brady next year cause Garoppolo cost 12 million less I would also not be shocked if Brady had 5000 yards and 40 TD's with his new team

Not at all and at this point I wouldn't be so upset. He deserves his last shot as a lot of other great QB's and we have failed at providing the team to make a run for it right now. It's not going to be there in one off-season. It takes at least 2 to get there, and then 1-2 years to give it a shot, imo. He doesn't have that much time. 1-2 years at most. And sad as it is to see this and realize this, we are in no position to do that right now. Unless some serious magic takes place in this next off-season. But I just don't see it. And as much as we love Tom, when it all comes down, he will be treated by BB as any other player on the Pats team. If he's not part of his plan and what BB believes is in the best interest of the team, he will be let go.

Ain't gonna happen. Coaches suck. They are purposely not putting the players to succeed.
It's just so obvious @Archeryaddict12. You have a collection of 5 bona fide playmakers there. Why not put them on the field at the same time? I simply don't understand the current approach of the Patriots.

I feel like with the total lack of production from any WR not named Julian (outside of some sparks from LaFell in garbage time tonight), Tyms HAS to have a shot at playing time next week, doesn't he???

"c
ondon84, post: 3925609, member: 15168"]I look at our defense and it's mind boggling that they got destroyed the way the did tonight.

Our DL consist of Wilfork and Jones who are close to elite defenders.

Sorry, but neither is close to elite.

LBs include Mayo and Hightower who are also above average defenders.

Hightower maybe. Mayo is an overpaid non-difference maker. No impact at all.

And our DBs, even with Chung back there still rate pretty high.

Two do, and one of those appears to be on the down side of his career.

Why on earth were they playing read and react and letting the Chiefs offense dictate when they had the ball? Revis playing off the LOS against a slow big bodied receiver like Bowe was ridiculous. He should have been press on Bowe the whole night.

I blame Patricia on this debacle. The guy is overmatched against smart OC's. BB can't do everything when he's trying to lead the entire team but he's gotta realize Patricia is just not a championship DC.

The Revis matchup was inconsequential when compared to the DL. The Chiefs OL was supposed to be a weak point, and they dominated our DL as bad as I've seen. Good stuff. 7-9.

It's just so obvious @Archeryaddict12. You have a collection of 5 bona fide playmakers there. Why not put them on the field at the same time? I simply don't understand the current approach of the Patriots.

They don't want Tom. Its clear. If you wanted to win you put them out there. The pats didn't want to win. The organization doesn't want to win. Its clear. The organization is tryin to run Tom out of town at all costs. Its done. Brady I hope realizes this and starts questioning bill. Because after all, Tom can destroy the pats cap with a huge hit next year if he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down