Not open for further replies.

Gunnails

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This was PM'd to me by a non-Jets fan

http://thebrushback.com/respect_full.htm

(it's satire only)

Patriots Upset Over Lack Of Respect During Colts Victory Parade

FOXBORO, MA--Fans of the Colts braved icy cold weather in downtown Indianapolis on Monday to celebrate their team’s victory over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI. Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and GM Bill Polian all took the podium to thank the fans and hoist the Lombardi trophy, the culmination of a whirlwind 48-hour party for the Super Bowl champs.

Conspicuously absent from the festivities was any mention of one the New England Patriots, the most successful NFL team of the past decade, a slight that did not go unnoticed by Patriots players.

“It seems like everyone’s talking about the Colts now,” safety Rodney Harrison told the Boston Globe today. “Every time I turn on the TV, it’s Colts this and Colts that, and nobody is saying a word about the Patriots. Hey, that’s fine. We're used to being disrespected. We’ll just keep quietly going about our business. No parades, no speeches, no magazine covers, no nothing. But come next year, we will not forget this. The image of the Colts standing up at that podium and pretending we don’t exist will be burned in our minds forever.”

When the Colts parade made its way into the RCA Dome, several players took their turn at the podium, calling the crowd “the best fans in the world” and promising another Super Bowl next season. President Bill Polian said the fans were “the voice that propels us.” Owner Jim Irsay said “I love you,” and “Go Colts!”

All the while the Patriots watched, their anger growing.

“Unbelievable,” said linebacker Tedy Bruschi. “They’re up there babbling about everything under the sun, and there’s not one damn mention of this little team from Foxboro who happens to be, you know, a modern day NFL dynasty? Hello? Three Super Bowl rings over here! Have we forgotten? I guess you can’t get any damn respect in this league unless you’re one of those flashy teams with a bunch of superstars that put up huge numbers. Just look at the team the Colts beat in the Super Bowl, the um…you know…the…uh…Saints? Eagles? Whatever, they’re not getting any love either. Goddamn media bias.”

Other Patriots players were more forgiving of the Colts and the media for neglecting them during the post-Super Bowl celebrations.

“You can’t expect everybody to be raving about you when you didn’t win the Super Bowl,” said quarterback Tom Brady. “The Colts are the flavor of the month now and they’re soaking up all the attention. As for the media, well, they’ve exposed themselves as shameless front runners. Let’s see what happens if the Colts don’t even make the playoffs next year. I bet they won’t be crowning them Super Bowl champions then!”

Colts players insisted they were just caught up in the moment and did not mean to disrespect the Patriots during their victory parade. Some members of the team, however, were puzzled by the controversy, and wondered why they should have mentioned the Pats in the first place.

“I don’t see what the big deal is. We won the Super Bowl. This is about us,” said receiver Reggie Wayne. “What are we supposed to do, get up there and scream about how great they are? Please. We listened to that crap for years. It’s our time in the sun now. Don’t worry. When next season starts, everything will be back to normal and everybody will be sucking up to the Patriots again. Goddamn media bias.”

The Patriots aren’t the only team to feel slighted these days. The Chicago Bears, who lost to the Colts on Sunday, have been irked by the lack of respect they've received since winning the NFC title three weeks ago. Sadly, nothing has changed.

“Coming into the game we knew nobody respected us or gave us a chance,” said linebacker Lance Briggs. “We were pissed about it all week, and you know what? Nothing’s changed. We still can’t get any love from the media. It’s okay, though. This is the kind of stuff that fuels us. Next year we’re going to have a huge chip on our shoulder. I’m going to have two on mine, actually: one because of the disrespect, and one because my bosses are going to slap the franchise tag on me. ***holes! Now I’ll have to wait another year to sign with the Colts.”

I'm pissed too! And the Jets players should REALLY be pissed. They didn't mention the Jets AT ALL during any of their victory celebrations. What, have they forgotten that they only beat us by 4 points earlier this year? Have they forgotten that is was US who knocked THEM out of the playoffs four years ago? And how about Super Bowl III? Damn, some people have pretty short memories. This is one for us fans, and the players, to file away for the next time we play those damn Baby Horses.

Satire_

Dan Marino Squeezes Harder And Harder During Congratulatory Handshake With Peyton Manning

February 8, 2007 | Issue 43•06

MIAMI—During a post-Super Bowl handshake between former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino and MVP Peyton Manning, the Colts quarterback reported that Marino gradually increased the pressure of his grip to the point where, by the end of the 10-second exchange, it was as if Marino was attempting to hurt Manning rather than congratulate him. "At first he was smiling and telling me how great he thought I played, but as the grip got firmer, he started talking through clenched teeth about how lucky I was to win a Super Bowl," Manning said, adding that the more Marino's grip increased, the less sincere his comments seemed. "Towards the end [of the handshake], he was just glaring at me, saying, 'I would kill to be you right now.'" Manning said that the handshake finally ended when the "crazy" look in Marino's eyes eventually disappeared.

© Copyright 2007, Onion, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age._uacct = "UA-223393-1"; urchinTracker(

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?sl...ov=ap&type=lgns

February 7, 2007

DECATUR, Ill. (AP) -- How do you spell Scott Wiese?

In a few weeks, that'd be P-e-y-t-o-n M-a-n-n-i-n-g.

ADVERTISEMENT

Wiese, a die-hard fan of the Chicago Bears, signed a pledge in front of a crowd at a Decatur bar last Friday night that if the Bears lost Sunday's Super Bowl, he'd change his name to that of the man who led the Indianapolis Colts to victory.

Final Score: Colts 29, Bears 17.

So on Tuesday, Wiese went to the Macon County Courts Facility and started the process of changing his name.

"I made the bet, and now I've got to keep it," said the 26-year-old, who lives in Forsyth, just north of Decatur.

Wiese will now have to advertise his intention in the local newspaper -- the Herald & Review -- for several weeks and then have a judge give him the OK to become, legally anyway, Peyton Manning.

The men have little in common, Wiese acknowledges.

Manning the quarterback is 30 years old, stands 6-foot-5 and has a contract with the Colts worth more than $100 million.

Wiese is 5-foot-11 and works at a Staples office-supply store for somewhat less.

"I think I kind of represent all Bears fans," he said. "Not that I'm saying they're all idiots like me, but I represent their passion because I really care about my team, you know?"

Wiese's lawyer and friend, Andy Bourey, is handling the paperwork. He said he admires Wiese's sense of honor.

"I never doubted him," he said. "He's a man of his word."

While he pledged to take on the new identity, Wiese isn't sure how long he's willing to keep it.

Say, maybe, until the Bears' next Super Bowl appearance? Not likely, given that their last trip to the big game was in 1985.

"I mean, well, it may be another 21 years."

=========================================================

I think I would of just found another bar to hang out at.

I'm no Colts fan by a longshot,but why would they be talking about the Pats after wininng the Superbowl???? I mean seriously,did we obsess about the Colts when the Pats were participating in several victory parades in Boston? Or the Steelers? I think thats over the top.....my two cents...

I'm no Colts fan by a longshot,but why would they be talking about the Pats after wininng the Superbowl???? I mean seriously,did we obsess about the Colts when the Pats were participating in several victory parades in Boston? Or the Steelers? I think thats over the top.....my two cents...

=========================================================

It is a satire piece, I am just trying to lighten the mood here, you guys have, been real grumpy lately. :)

After reading your post, I said "Well, there's a minute of my life I wish I had back"................

To represent the other point of view, I rather enjoyed the post, especially the part where Tom Brady said "As for the media, well, they’ve exposed themselves as shameless front runners. Let’s see what happens if the Colts don’t even make the playoffs next year. I bet they won’t be crowning them Super Bowl champions then!" :p

"It all starts with their coach", LaDanian Tomlinson said.

Last edited:
Sorry,Gunnails,fast ones go over my head.....that was a good post re Marino....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back