PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots up to something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrTibbs said:
As Patriots fans would you accept or oppose the signing of "Ray Lewis"? I think he would have to lose that intro dance, we don't take to all that showtime here in NE.

I can't stand him personally, but I'd probably get over it. That would be one helluva LB quartet. Then again, it is (was) with Willie Mac. The difference is, Vrabel could get to play outside and prolong his career if we can find a stud inside LB.

JoeSixPat said:
I think the Pats are up to something too.

Keep your eye on this guy Richard Seymour - I have a feeling he'd be a great signing - same with a WR by the name of Deion Branch. I'd love to see them spend some cap money to sign these guys to a long term deal.

There's also this guy Adam Something begninning with "V" - he'd be a perfect fit for this team and I think he would be a great signing as well.

And then once all the other teams have spent their cap money, and the Bills release Eric Moulds, we might get him on the cheap with the money leftover after signing the aforementioned marquee players.
I believe Seymour is on the books for close to $7.4M. If so, getting him re-signed would lower his cap hit this season considerably. Probably low enough to easily pay for new deals with both Branch (who is already on the books for over $1M) and Adam. In fact, the amount of cap $ available to the Pats would increase in such a case.

EDIT:

According to Miguel: Seymour $7.4M and Branch $1.25M. Together they are already counting $8.65M. If the Pats re-signed the two they could conceivably save a bunch of cap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back