PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp (Day Five, Tuesday July 30)

Well, since Dobson is my favorite draftee in years, and he's having a great camp, this really hurts.

scott he's on the field even if he's only in sweats...not a bad thing at all.

Great, and the injury bug hits once again. Watch Dobson get Vereen'ed his rookie season.

Let's not go overboard. Ben Volin Tweeted his limp didn't look to bad (granted he isn't a doctor, he just plays on on Twitter). This time of the year, they play it safe.

If Dobson was seriously injured, he wouldn't be on the field. My guess he will be back for the next practice on Thursday.

There's a few clips of Mallett and Tebow passes on this timeline:

https://twitter.com/PatriotsXLVIII

You can see from those clips that Mallett has adjusted to an offense that relies on putting passes thru small windows. Tebow has a way to go

That is encouraging.

Like I said Mallett needs to start showing some progress in the next two months if he wants to keep his spot on the roster. The next two months are his real audition as far as I'm concerned. It's time.

You can see from those clips that Mallett has adjusted to an offense that relies on putting passes thru small windows. Tebow has a way to go

That is encouraging.

Like I said Mallett needs to start showing some progress in the next two months if he wants to keep his spot on the roster. The next two months are his real audition as far as I'm concerned. It's time.
Are you saying that Tebow would take the QB2 spot on the roster if Mallett doesn't show "some progress?"

That is encouraging.

No chance Tebow is ahead of him.

NO CHANCE

just no hamstring...those take forever

holy crap, some(ALL) of those tebow throws were horrendous.

Are you saying that Tebow would take the QB2 spot on the roster if Mallett doesn't show "some progress?"

No but I do think the team will make a decision that it's time to look elsewhere for Brady's replacement, and Mallett will not be long for this team.

I was pretty excited to see the Pats draft the kid but that was a couple years ago and now it's time to see some development.

holy crap, some(ALL) of those tebow throws were horrendous.

There were two or three posted by someone who clearly doesn't like Tebow and probably cherry picked the bad ones.

No but I do think the team will make a decision that it's time to look elsewhere for Brady's replacement, and Mallett will not be long for this team.

I was pretty excited to see the Pats draft the kid but that was a couple years ago and now it's time to see some development.
I don't think Mallett is Brady's replacement regardless. He is, however, the backup QB at the moment should any injury occur. I believe BB trusts him enough based on the fact that he got rid of Hoyer last year and risked having only Mallett behind Brady.

We'll see how pre-season goes, if he can increase his value.

patriots just tied Brady up for another 3 years. Thoughts of having a replacement for him are far from the front of the teams mind.

There were two or three posted by someone who clearly doesn't like Tebow and probably cherry picked the bad ones.

I could care less about the "bad throws" from the third string QB. If he sees the field he will not be asked to do anything he's not good at.

#rememberMattCassell

Thompkins just caught a deep sideline bomb from Brady. Went up between Logan Ryan & Devin McCourty to grab it. Spiked the ball to celebrate

I see the Rutgers DB's still haven't learned how to play the Ball.;):D

I don't think Mallett is Brady's replacement regardless. He is, however, the backup QB at the moment should any injury occur. I believe BB trusts him enough based on the fact that he got rid of Hoyer last year and risked having only Mallett behind Brady.

We'll see how pre-season goes, if he can increase his value.

Yep, we'll see...

The fact that they invested in Mallett and went with him as backup instead of Hoyer or an aging veteran with no upside (see Testaverde, Vinny ) tells me that they do want to see if Mallett can make a case that he should be considered as Brady's replacement someday.

The Pats need to learn what they have or don't have in Mallett and the time is now.

just no hamstring...those take forever

Exactly, that's my biggest fear. The hamstring injury to Vereen was like a death sentence to his rookie season. I really wanted to see what Dobson could do against Philly. Well, tomorrow's an off day, hopefully he's back Thursday.

For those that are curious about sb1's comments about Tebow pushing Mallett for a roster spot: sb1's join date is July 2013. That should be all you need to know.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back