PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Day 1 Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard enough (one blurb) to put me over the edge.

Stallworth should make the team over Edelman. Would rather have someone who can do something well than a guy who does many things poorly. Someone else can return punts, and we won't miss the production there.

Stallworth is one year younger than Branch.

He's had only 2 seasons better than Branch's season last year. He's mostly been an afterthought. Stallworth in 2007 wasn't as good as Branch in 2011.

And, Branch was injured last year for much of the time.

In the Super Bowl, when the Patriots were up against the wall late in the 4th qtr., Brady was looking exclusively for Branch. And Branch was wide open on 3 straight plays (bad throw by Brady on one, interference on Branch on the other (not called), and a huge 4th and long conversion on the other.

I look at the roster and I see 4 WR spots locked up in Gaffney, Welker, Lloyd and Edelman (given his ST credentials). We're talking about a 5th WR here. You have to get with the guy that knows his routes and excels in the clutch. Stallworth was a burner and that's it last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back