PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp 2013 Day 1 Quick Takes

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Steve Balestrieri

wide receiver Josh Boyce didn't get as many reps, but looks completely healthy from his foot injury and runs very smooth, precise routes ...

The more I hear the more excited I am.

Can't wait for preseason!

By: Steve Balestrieri

wide receiver Josh Boyce didn't get as many reps, but looks completely healthy from his foot injury and runs very smooth, precise routes ...

Reading the other TC #1 notes I thought my worst fears were already being realized. Brady and Mallett's plays and passing attempts were being ignored, while the emphasis was on rag-armed, 3rd string, QB Tim Tebow.

I fully believe that this, his third, (really second), preseason is Mallett's time to demonstrate whether is ready. Just like Cassell did when Belichick treated him, like the Lord did to Job, to test his mettle under purposely created and adverse circumstances.

If you recall fans, were calling for Cassell's head. That was the preseason where he played and won 11 games, in relief of Brady.

I still don't know how many passes Tom and Ryan,and Tim attempted and completed, but I now know the 3rd stringer was picked twice, and missed badly some of other times, as irrelevant as that is.

Besides I wanted a rundown on the receivers success, or lack thereof.

Excited is all I can say.

I'm a little bit worried, but equally as intrigued to see what Brady is able to do when he is FORCED to work with rookie WRs. Boyce and Dobson REALLY intrigue me because they are going to be forced to step up. Brady is forced this year to work harder with the new guys because of the lack of WRs and TEs we currently have. Really hope Dobson/Boyce turn out to be big rookie contributors.

Also LOVE the fact that people are doubting us so early. You know Brady is loving it and loving the challenge of breaking in these new guys. Really going to be a testament to his greatness when he puts up huge numbers with a basically brand new cast.

Amen to that Christian :D

Nice work Steve.....I hope that these are the kind of observations that we get (hopefully on a daily basis....)

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back