PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Trade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Play along.

If you had to trade for one player, who would it be? The catch is, it can't be one of the usual suspects. I mean, we could all say "get Ray Lewis", but I'm thinking more obscure players if you don't mind.

I have one.

There is a player, that because he injured himself during his rookie season, is not on many radar screens. I think he would be a great addition to the team.

He plays for San Diego. I would give up a draft pick (I assume he'd cost the 2nd rounder, where he was picked, but I'd offer a 3rd for starters). The player is Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado. He's a big, tall, athletic freak of a wide receiver. I've seen him play, and really wanted him in the draft last year. He would upgrade the WR position drastically. Our red zone offense, with Graham, Watson, Thomas, Mills, Branch, Jackson, Jackson.................................................I have been thinking about this, so offer it to chew on.

What's your obscure player trade proposal? Also, thoughts on my suggestion?

Bostonian1962 said:
Play along.

If you had to trade for one player, who would it be? The catch is, it can't be one of the usual suspects. I mean, we could all say "get Ray Lewis", but I'm thinking more obscure players if you don't mind.

I have one.

There is a player, that because he injured himself during his rookie season, is not on many radar screens. I think he would be a great addition to the team.

He plays for San Diego. I would give up a draft pick (I assume he'd cost the 2nd rounder, where he was picked, but I'd offer a 3rd for starters). The player is Vincent Jackson, WR, Northern Colorado. He's a big, tall, athletic freak of a wide receiver. I've seen him play, and really wanted him in the draft last year. He would upgrade the WR position drastically. Our red zone offense, with Graham, Watson, Thomas, Mills, Branch, Jackson, Jackson.................................................I have been thinking about this, so offer it to chew on.

What's your obscure player trade proposal? Also, thoughts on my suggestion?

San Diego would have kept Caldwell if they planned on trading Jackson. He's under the radar to everybody but draftniks, but San Diego has very high hopes for him this year.

Under your criteria, and even on the same team, that kid Foley, ILB from San Diego would be great here. Of course, he's the reason they're making Donnie Edwards available, so he's not on the trade market either.

Maybe Nick Barnett out of Green Bay.

Bostonian1962 said:
I mean, we could all say "get Ray Lewis", but I'm thinking more obscure players if you don't mind.

I wouldn't touch Ray Lewis with a 10-foot pole. He's the Michael Vick of defense. Extremely overrated.

Last edited:
I think we should trade a 2nd or 3rd round for Vincent Jackson. Then we can trade Deoin Branch for Darrel Jackson. That would give us 3 receivers named Jackson. Imagine the confusion. How would you stop such a group?

"I'm covering Jackson"--Champ Bailey
"Which Jackson"--Mike Shannahan
"I don't know lets just go home"--Champ Bailey

dryheat44 said:
San Diego would have kept Caldwell if they planned on trading Jackson. He's under the radar to everybody but draftniks, but San Diego has very high hopes for him this year.

Under your criteria, and even on the same team, that kid Foley, ILB from San Diego would be great here. Of course, he's the reason they're making Donnie Edwards available, so he's not on the trade market either.

Maybe Nick Barnett out of Green Bay.

Point taken on Jackson. I suppose he's one of those players that I became enfatuated with, and can't let it go.:)

Brady-To-Branch said:
I wouldn't touch Ray Lewis with a 10-foot pole. He's the Michael Vick of defense. Extremely overrated.

Might be overrated now, but I don't think he was when he was at his best. Vick on the otherhand, always was, and always will be completely overrated.

Keegs said:
I think we should trade a 2nd or 3rd round for Vincent Jackson. Then we can trade Deoin Branch for Darrel Jackson. That would give us 3 receivers named Jackson. Imagine the confusion. How would you stop such a group?

"I'm covering Jackson"--Champ Bailey
"Which Jackson"--Mike Shannahan
"I don't know lets just go home"--Champ Bailey

Is TE Keith Jackson retired???:)

Ronald Curry, Andra Davis, Adrian Wilson

I like Adrian Wilson too. My other would be Tony Parrish.

R_T26 said:
Andra Davis, Adrian Wilson

Good choices all. I'm a huge Wilson fan. A Wilson/Wilson safety tandem (When Rodney retires) would be stellar.

Bostonian1962 said:
If you had to trade for one player, who would it be? The catch is, it can't be one of the usual suspects. I mean, we could all say "get Ray Lewis",
????

Who the heck would say get Ray Lewis????

woah..how is Ray overrated ? hes arguably 1 of the best LBs in game..1 of the best leaders..hes always around ball and always seems to be fired up. Ray Lewis has accomplished more individualy than any of our LBs besides winning 3 rings..he won 1 and was the MVP. Lewis is not overrated..hes gotten bumped with few injuries lately but i would still take him on our team if he was a little younger..right now i wouldnt trade big for Ray or Donnie because their age is getting up there

If I could pick any player, I would take Ed Reed. Young Rodney Harrison who could play FS or SS.

If I could pick any player on the trading block...honestly, I'd rather send Johnson packing for a 5th than take any player on the block right now.

Remix 6 said:
woah..how is Ray overrated ? hes arguably 1 of the best LBs in game..1 of the best leaders..hes always around ball and always seems to be fired up. Ray Lewis has accomplished more individualy than any of our LBs besides winning 3 rings..he won 1 and was the MVP. Lewis is not overrated..hes gotten bumped with few injuries lately but i would still take him on our team if he was a little younger..right now i wouldnt trade big for Ray or Donnie because their age is getting up there

When you make something like 9 straight Pro-Bowls, and are paid as one of the best LBs in the NFL, and get your ass blown up play after play by a tight end, guard, or fullback, and rack up huge tackle totals by jumping on the pile, and thump your chest every time you get your uniform dirty, you are overrated, by any definition.

If you were to go back in time six years, and put Lewis on the Patriots, and say, Vrabel on the Ravens, and Vrabel were given to making outlandish statements in the press and non-stop self promotion, Vrabel would be considered one of the all time greats, and Lewis a pretty good linebacker.

I don't consider any player to be great because they can make tackles when they're unblocked.

Last edited:
During the interview Lewis said he needs players who allow him to be dominant. The very idea of that is ridiculous. It's pretty much an oxy-moron.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
During the interview Lewis said he's pretty much a moron.

Ed Reed is a good answer. LaDainian Tomlinson is another. Brian Urlacher alongside Tedy would be interesting. What about--Peyton Manning? Then we could sit his ass on the bench behind Tom Brady where he belongs...

Peyton Manning ... I think he'd look great with a clipboard .... :D

obviously you havent watched Ray Lewis..hes on another level than Bruschi even though im a Pats fan..he doesnt just get blown up and jump on piles..when defense was right for him..before the 3-4..he was all over..he got around blocks and got there..in the 3-4.hes a little undersized and if u dont have good players in frotn of you..you'll get doubled by the lineman. Ray Lewis in his prime > any current LBs

Flying Fungi said:
Ed Reed is a good answer. LaDainian Tomlinson is another. Brian Urlacher alongside Tedy would be interesting. What about--Peyton Manning? Then we could sit his ass on the bench behind Tom Brady where he belongs...

I thought this was a thread about the more under the radar, less hyped guys we would trade for? Perhaps there is no escaping fantasy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes