PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade #91 to Oakland for 7th in 2007, 3rd in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Goddamnit. Can we use our ******* picks?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Wow. It has now become obvious the Pats weren't satisfied with the talent in this year's draft.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. BB must feel that none of these guys were likely to make the team...only question I have is what is the point of stockpiling picks still(we still have 9) when if you weren't happy with the talent in 1-3 why in hell would you like the talent on day 2? Baffling to me.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

April 28, 2007
Pats trade 91

The Patriots have traded their third-round pick, 91st overall, to the Oakland Raiders.
The Patriots acquired the Raiders' third-round pick next year, and the Raiders seventh-round pick this year (211).

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 10:52:15 PM

Wow. It has now become obvious the Pats weren't satisfied with the talent in this year's draft.

Bump for those who missed the details last night.

i'm acutally kind of glad. This draft just seems like its loaded with players that dont deserve the money they are getting.

It actually makes sense if you accept the "value group" theory that permeated the board last year. Perhaps there are more players that are rated by Pats' scouts as fourth rounders. Still out there:

Josh Gattis
Michael Johnson
Aundrae Allison
Zak DeOssie
Chris Davis
H.B. Blades
Brandon Siler
Tim Shaw
Daniel Sepulveda

There's still some good football players there...

I'm okay with this. BB obviously feels that this draft class is nothing special, so hell, why not invest in the future when we will have a higher pick in a potentially better class?

why give more money to a frist round pick when they are all going to be backups to are now all pro team now that we got moss forget how many yerds brady will pass for i think #39 will have a 1800 yerd season

Dang, I really like this trade. We will be real players in next years draft. Assuming a mediocre year for SF, and a typical crap year from the Raiders, we will have two 1st's, maybe #15 & 30, plus a 2nd and two 3rd's, one of which will be right at the top of the round. We could probably get into the top 10 next year if the Pats saw someone special.

It doesn't seem like good value just going by rounds, but the Raiders seventh was the first of the round, and I cant see anything keeping their 2008 third from being anything lower than the 3rd-5th pick in round three. It could even be the first pick of round three, which is almost a second rounder. So, NE gave up a late '07 third for the first pick of round seven in '07 and likely a top 5 '08 round three pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back