PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots total Ring count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seven

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Adding all the players,coaches etc,how many rings are represented when Pats play in 42?

I Googled,looked at rosters etc,but could not come up with a solid number.
Thanks for the info

Adding all the players,coaches etc,how many rings are represented when Pats play in 42?

I Googled,looked at rosters etc,but could not come up with a solid number.
Thanks for the info

IX. The Patriots have 20 players with Super Bowl experience on their current roster; the Giants have three.

<http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d8062bc41&template=with-video&confirm=true>

I think he means Tom Brady + Tedy Bruschi + Mike Vrabel = 9 rings. Like, if all players put every SB ring they own into a box, how many rings would be in the box?

I'd guess over 40, but I'm not sure.

I think he means Tom Brady + Tedy Bruschi + Mike Vrabel = 9 rings. Like, if all players put every SB ring they own into a box, how many rings would be in the box?

I'd guess over 40, but I'm not sure.

Actually, he wants the coaching staff, too--i.e., Belichick's 5, Captain Caveman's (Mike Woicik's) 6, Dante's 3, etc. (If you try to add the employees who have rings, good luck trying to figure it out. :p )

Actually, he wants the coaching staff, too--i.e., Belichick's 5, Captain Caveman's (Mike Woicik's) 6, Dante's 3, etc. (If you try to add the employees who have rings, good luck trying to figure it out. :p )

Exactly,that was what I was thinking,
Brady has three,BB five, etc...

Nobody remarks about it.
it has to be a crazy number.

But significant to the game is the on field personnel,coaches/players.
It is nice if the popcorn vendors get em too,but I suspect they have a
less significant effect on the outcome.

Unless they give TO the extra greasy type...

Last edited:
1,000,000 rings.

Dont forget Kraft, his employees, people that have served the stadium for years, his videographers;) , the field technicians.

They all count too.

1,000,000 rings.

Dont forget Kraft, his employees, people that have served the stadium for years, his videographers;) , the field technicians.

They all count too.

Don't forget Putin......

I don't know how many rings Mr. Kraft, in his largesse, has given to the behind the scenes and management folks nor am I sure of how many the Coaches have (other than BB's five), but, defining "Rings" as "Super Bowl Winners Rings," there are 20 Patriots Players with SB Rings (including AT). By my count they have a total of 43 Rings among them.

Edit: I see that ESPN says there are 21, not 20, Pats Players with Rings. I'll assume they did a better job of counting than I did, but the point remains the same.

Last edited:
I count 21 players with a total of 49 rings.

3 rings (10 players): Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Faulk, Izzo, Light, Neal, Paxton, Seymour, Vrabel
2 rings (8 players): Colvin, Green, Harrison, Hochstein, Koppen, Samuel, Warren, Wilson
1 ring (3 players): Gay, Watson, Wilfork

EDIT: Eric Alexander played in 3 games for the Pats in 2004 then was put on IR during the playoffs. So perhaps he should count as getting a ring too if Watson did (IR in first week)... so maybe it's 22/50.

Last edited:
My count for Coaches (only including rings with gameday field repsonsibilities, not scouting or film)

Bill Belichick 5
Don Davis 2 as player
Ivan Fears 3
Pepper Johnson 3 + 2 as player
Josh McDaniels 2
Dean Pees 1
Dante Scarnecchia 3
Brad Seely 3
Mike Woicik 6

total 9/30

Nick Caserio probably has 2 as "pro personnel/gameday press box liason" but I don't think those really count. Mcdaniels was a film assistant in 2001, so he may well have an actual ring for that year.

Last edited:
I don't know how many rings Mr. Kraft, in his largesse, has given to the behind the scenes and management folks nor am I sure of how many the Coaches have (other than BB's five), but, defining "Rings" as "Super Bowl Winners Rings," there are 20 Patriots Players with SB Rings (including Junior and AT). By my count they have a total of 43 Rings among them.

Edit: I see that ESPN says there are 21, not 20, Pats Players with Rings. I'll assume they did a better job of counting than I did, but the point remains the same.

I know the webmaster got a ring in 2001. So Mr. Kraft seems be pretty generous with them, and I would assume every scout got one.

3 rings (10 players): Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Faulk, Izzo, Light, Neal, Paxton, Seymour, Vrabel
2 rings (8 players): Colvin, Green, Harrison, Hochstein, Koppen, Samuel, Warren, Wilson

EDIT: Eric Alexander played in 3 games for the Pats in 2004 then was put on IR during the playoffs. So perhaps he should count as getting a ring too if Watson did (IR in first week)... so maybe it's 22/50.

I checked your list against mine and your's is more complete. Thanks. Like you, I'm not sure about Alexander.

defining "Rings" as "Super Bowl Winners Rings," there are 20 Patriots Players with SB Rings (including Junior and AT).

Seau doesn't have a SB ring.
Adalius Thomas probably has one (2000 Ravens he played in 4 games including the AFCCG) but was inactive for the SB, so he has no SB experience.

Seau doesn't have a SB ring.
Adalius Thomas probably has one (2000 Ravens he played in 4 games including the AFCCG) but was inactive for the SB, so he has no SB experience.

ouch. right again. i gotta stop doing my research at work...

So,for the men who will influence the effort on the field
Minus Colvin plus Alexander and Thomas, 80...
I came up short of that,but win an argument easily.
Thanks
:)
49 players
30 coaches

My count for Coaches (only including rings with gameday field responsibilities, not scouting or film)

Bill Belichick 5
Don Davis 2 as player
Ivan Fears 3
Pepper Johnson 3 + 2 as player
Josh McDaniels 2
Dean Pees 1
Dante Scarnecchia 3
Brad Seely 3
Mike Woicik 6

total 9/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back