PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to open 2009 season Monday Night in throwbacks vs. the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...I imagine Marshawn Lynch will be on suspension this game? That doesn't exactly suck for us! :D

Bills are gonna get their asses kicked!!

I'm psyched too:rocker: Springs vs TO! Brady's back, throwbacks,and the return of football, wherever it's played I'm SO ready it's sad lol.

Do we have a link anywhere confirming this yet?

Do we have a link anywhere confirming this yet?

Nothing is CONFIRMED but rather it is reported from what Borges calls SEVERAL SOURCES

Take it for what its worth but it does sound like its very possible when you consider the plights of Brady and Owens this offseason

Brady was the offseason's biggest story while Owens picked it up in the media when Dallas dumped him

Last edited:
not totally surprising. don banks or someone else also predicted this a while back. i not a big fan of this.... Too much hype moss/TO ,brady,on the road in front of a raucous crowd.and above all its on ESPN :mad:

not totally surprising. don banks or someone else also predicted this a while back. i not a big fan of this.... Too much hype moss/TO ,brady,on the road in front of a raucous crowd.and above all its on ESPN :mad:
Nowhere in Borges article does it say where the game is - that I can see anyway.

Man this makes me miss Football even more. I can't wait for the Spring camps to start.
Football withdrawal has begun. :(

As soon as this gets confirmed, that's as soon as I request the day off from work. Remember, there will be two Monday Night games on opening weekend, meaning the first one will start especially early (7?). There is no way I am gonna risk missing some of the Pat's season opener due to being stuck at the office/in traffic.

Wasn't there a thread here a while ago saying there was a concert at Foxborough the Sunday of Week 2 which would suggest we'd open at home (if not, we'd have 2 road games to start the season). I may be mistaken but I think I remember that.
To answer my own question :

Buy Foxboro Concert Tickets - Concerts in Foxboro - Concert Schedules

September 20 is Week 2 and U2 is at Foxboro so that's an away game for us. We absolutely could open with two road games but the odds are we'll be hosting Buffalo as Week 2 is on the road.

As soon as this gets confirmed, that's as soon as I request the day off from work. Remember, there will be two Monday Night games on opening weekend, meaning the first one will start especially early (7?). There is no way I am gonna risk missing some of the Pat's season opener due to being stuck at the office/in traffic.

Sirius NFL radio just announced the Pats/Bills game was going to take place on monday night in week 1 through the Boston Herald's report

Usually Sirius does some checking into things before they are announced on thier satellite,so I believe it a little more when broadcasted through them on the radio that they believe its correct.

Last edited:
This sucks!!

I will be unable to attend, and I always make the Patriots-Bills game at Buffalo.

To answer my own question :

Buy Foxboro Concert Tickets - Concerts in Foxboro - Concert Schedules

September 20 is Week 2 and U2 is at Foxboro so that's an away game for us. We absolutely could open with two road games but the odds are we'll be hosting Buffalo as Week 2 is on the road.

I would love the team to open 2 in a row on the road for two reasons ...

1) We can see what the team got as a whole and how they handle it in hostile environments right off the bat

and

2) We can get 2 away games off the schedule right away and in a time where a potential loss on the road is not devastating which is always a plus

Playing Buffalo week one has always been a really tough game so I hope it isn't' true. The Lawyer Milloy game and the other one where Brady got strip sacked for a TD the first or second play of the game.
Do you mean "always" or just the 2003 season opener? My recollection is that the Pats have owned Buffalo for years and years and that 2003 wasn't that bad a year.

I would love the team to open 2 in a row on the road for two reasons ...
There would be nothing wrong with opening that way, I'm just trying to point out that the apparent assumption here that this is a road game is not stated anywhere in the report and that our Week 2 road game makes this Week 1 game most likely a home game.

:popcorn:

Do you mean "always" or just the 2003 season opener? My recollection is that the Pats have owned Buffalo for years and years and that 2003 wasn't that bad a year.

While NE has won the last 10 games between the two,New England historically has had problems against the Bills early in September if you want to go back to the history between the two teams in early fall.

NE is 3-5 at home during the entire history of the meetings between the two and are only 4-4 in Buffalo for 7-9 total record in September

While history is just previous,meaningless stuff to some,its interesting to notice that the Patriots are MUCH better when facing Buffalo later on in any given NFL season.

There would be nothing wrong with opening that way, I'm just trying to point out that the apparent assumption here that this is a road game is not stated anywhere in the report and that our Week 2 road game makes this Week 1 game most likely a home game.

Could very well be the case that it is not in Buffalo but I'm still betting on it being in Buffalo and I really hope it is - Not to mention of how bad the weather could be if its in Buffalo in the later months into winter - I want to see the passing game and a little preview of what we can expect this year early on and no better way than against what appears to be a very possible solid contender in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes