PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to look at Terrell Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU ALL FELL FOR THIS!!!!

Read the quote in the article. He gave a BB answer to some newbie writer who thinks he is getting a scoop.

The quote is - 'we are going to do our due diligence and look at any free agent who is out there'

at NO POINT in time did he say the PATS would ACTUALLY SHOW UP TO A T.O. WORKOUT.

There is no way BB entertains the thought of bringing this cancer anywhere close to NE.

Sign the beast!

Ocho clearly is having problem learning the system here. Does anyone think BB would want to sign TO and end up with the same result.

He may just as well take out a wad of Kraft's cash, lay it on the ground and burn it.

waste of a thread because there is NO WAY this happens. TO a Patriot???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't we have Ocho signed for 3 years? Why would we replace him after already painfully teaching him the system?

Yah, so painful he hasn't learned it yet.

I watched the Jets game on Sunday and saw Plax with three TD catches....and this guy spent two years in jail, nevermind the "there was no off-season because of the lock-out, give Chad a break!" Enough with the excuses, he sucks.

I'd rather have Owens than Johnson...and that's not saying much because I do not want Owens and his antics either.

Yah, so painful he hasn't learned it yet.

I watched the Jets game on Sunday and saw Plax with three TD catches....and this guy spent two years in jail, nevermind the "there was no off-season because of the lock-out, give Chad a break!" Enough with the excuses, he sucks.

I'd rather have Owens than Johnson...and that's not saying much because I do not want Owens and his antics either.

Plaxico burress is their #2 WR out there for most snaps of the game....Ochocinco is our 5th receiving option out there for 20snaps...not saying Ocho has been good, but its apples/oranges

besides the last game, Plaxico really hasnt had a good season thus far.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the Jets signed T.O. they are pretty thin at WR and seem to love signing locker-room cancers/old recievers....honestly it would just make me hate the jets more

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess this guy ends up a YET. Other than Holmes and maybe their rookie, they have no other real threats as receivers. Burress will only be good in the red zone if he isn't doubled or well covered. The YETS have the need but do they have the stomach for it?

Plaxico burress is their #2 WR out there for most snaps of the game....Ochocinco is our 5th receiving option out there for 20snaps...not saying Ocho has been good, but its apples/oranges

besides the last game, Plaxico really hasnt had a good season thus far.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the Jets signed T.O. they are pretty thin at WR and seem to love signing locker-room cancers/old recievers....honestly it would just make me hate the jets more

Yes, I have heard this excuse too. Ocho is the fifth option. He's depth. Yah, I'm sure that when he was signed, being a fifth option is exactly what they were looking for.....and by fifth, I mean at wide out. I'm not including Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead, etc.

Guy was a waste.

How is it apples and organges? Sure, Plax is the starter....but he had to learn the system, no?

Yes, I have heard this excuse too. Ocho is the fifth option. He's depth. Yah, I'm sure that when he was signed, being a fifth option is exactly what they were looking for.....and by fifth, I mean at wide out. I'm not including Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead, etc.

Guy was a waste.

How is it apples and organges? Sure, Plax is the starter....but he had to learn the system, no?

my point is that Plax looks pretty horrible out there besides those 3TD's....hes only got 100more yards than ocho because hes really their only other option on offense at receiver besides Holmes.

ocho has looked lost out there, but is behind Welker,branch,Gronk,hernandez on the receiving food chain....he hasnt been good, but I wouldnt use Plax as an example

we have the luxury of bringing ocho along until he finally gets it(if he ever does) because of those 4 dynamic guys ahead of him...while the Jets NEED plaxico to perform at a high level..right now hes mostly just a red-zone threat because of his size

Last edited:

Guy was a waste.

I agree completely. I doubt BB brought him in here to be a "5th option". I don't think kraft and BB gave him 3 mil to be a 5th option at best and create such little and pathetic production. As much as I hate to say it....guy is a BUST until proven otherwise....

I admire that he is humbling himself, putting himself out there as wanting to play, taking such a risk, trying to get out and do what he loves, knowing people will make fun of him.

Teddy Roosevelt said it...
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Should apply that to most Patriots reporters....

I agree completely. I doubt BB brought him in here to be a "5th option". I don't think kraft and BB gave him 3 mil to be a 5th option at best and create such little and pathetic production. As much as I hate to say it....guy is a BUST until proven otherwise....

Gave him $6M...which just underscores he wasn't brought in to be a 5th WR.

he obviously wasnt brought in to be a 5th receiving option and so far, hes been a bust for the pats

Ocho has the tools though to be a solid contributer for us if he can put it all together mentally...go to 51seconds and it shows him burning us last year Chad Ochocinco 2010 Highlights - YouTube

kinda makes you dissapointed that, THAT is not the ocho we are seeing

he made some nice sideline catches against the jets...the problem is it seems hes having alot of trouble reading the coverages and knowing how to change his route and be in the right place....which is a necessity for this Pats offense..

I just hope he does, because Branch has only played 1 full 16game season in his career, and im not sure i want Aaron Hernandez getting "lit up" 6-8times a game..given his injury history. we are going to need Ocho at some point

I lost hope with Ocho.6 games in and the guy looks like crap.I dont understand how complicated this offense is?:rolleyes:Branch is gonna have to make all the plays on the outside.I dont know why Price isnt giving a shot to see what he can do.

Gave him $6M...which just underscores he wasn't brought in to be a 5th WR.

Going by that reasoning, I sure hope Mankins is earning the $21.5M he's getting paid this year. Same with Wilfork and his $19M last year.

Ochocinco's first year price is inflated due to the signing bonus. Most contract are. He's only going to get $3M each of the next two years, meaning he's really only costing the team an average of $4M a year. That's peanuts as far as WR costs go, with Fitzgerald averaging 4 times that on his contract.

Going by that reasoning, I sure hope Mankins is earning the $21.5M he's getting paid this year. Same with Wilfork and his $19M last year.

Ochocinco's first year price is inflated due to the signing bonus. Most contract are. He's only going to get $3M each of the next two years, meaning he's really only costing the team an average of $4M a year. That's peanuts as far as WR costs go, with Fitzgerald averaging 4 times that on his contract.

He won't be here next year. Mankins and Wilfork will be here for 3-5 more years and they've already produced at a high level here. As has Branch who is making $2.4M this season. He will have averaged $3.8M over two seasons. Welker is at the end of a 5 year $18M deal...so he will have averaged less than $4M too. As one of the top WR's in the game...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!
There are "projects" and then there is T.O.
NO! NO! NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back