PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots throwback uni games [Update: 3 weeks, white (and red?) uniform]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
According to the Sports Business Journal all 8 original AFL teams will be playing over 2 weekends in September and October. Both teams in those games will be wearing the retros.

The only possibilities are the Jets, Bills and Broncos. Sorry if this has been posted. But 2 of those games will be throwbacks.

Re: Patriots throwback uni Games

According to the Sports Business Journal all 8 original AFL teams will be playing over 2 weekends in September and October. Both teams in those games will be wearing the retros.

The only possibilities are the Jets, Bills and Broncos. Sorry if this has been posted. But 2 of those games will be throwbacks.
I don't understand your post. In the bolded sentence, are you saying those are teams the Patriots will be playing and they will wear retros in two of those games?

out of the 7 other AFL teams the Pats have 3 on their schedule, jets, bills, and broncos. So 2 of the throwback games will be against 2 of those 3 teams.

According to PFW In Progress the original AFL teams will play each other in Weeks 3 & 6. The Patriots will play the Bills and Jets.

According to PFW In Progress the original AFL teams will play each other in Weeks 3 & 6. The Patriots will play the Bills and Jets.
So...will teh week 6 game be home against the Bills??? Since they open against them?? And what about Miami which was an expansion AFL team?

Re: Patriots throwback uni games

So according to this, we are wearing our throwbacks & playing the Bills in Week 3? Don't see how that is possible considering it has been announced that we are opening MNF this season at home against the Bills.

So according to this, we are wearing our throwbacks & playing the Bills in Week 3? Don't see how that is possible considering it has been announced that we are opening MNF this season at home against the Bills.
Maybe we play the Bills twice this year.

In week 1 and week 3 smart ass?

Could be in week 6 like I said a few posys before...OHHHHHHH!

I was referring to the original PFW post...Not yours..in which it was stated Bills and Jets in Weeks 3 & 6 not Jets and Bills in Weeks 3 & 6...It could be that we play in Week 6 against the Bills but that is not what the post was about.

Also Reiss states we may wear our throwbacks opening week...Then wear them the next time we play the Bills as well? Don't make sense is all I was trying to point out.

Last edited:

I was referring to the original PFW post...Not yours..in which it was stated Bills and Jets in Weeks 3 & 6 not Jets and Bills in Weeks 3 & 6...It could be that we play in Week 6 against the Bills but that is not what the post was about.

Also Reiss states we may wear our throwbacks opening week...Then wear them the next time we play the Bills as well? Don't make sense is all I was trying to point out.
I agree if it is week 3 against the BIlls it does NOT...Wk 1 Bills...away...and then 3 and 6??? THREE is home as it looks like the first two ARE away...we now of the first and U2 is playing Gillette the next weekend...so?? If two are away the third is HOME against..the Jets?? ALl very interesting.

Perhaps you should refer to the date of that post. It was from last year.

Fred Kirsch said today on PFW in Progress that this game will be in addition to the two other throwback weeks.

Do you think we will wear our throwbacks on the season opener in Foxborough on Sept. 14th on Monday night against the Bills?

Do you think we will wear our throwbacks on the season opener in Foxborough on Sept. 14th on Monday night against the Bills?

Yes, I think that has been established.

Pats to wear throwbacks in 2009 season opener - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Pats to wear throwbacks in 2009 season opener
Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff
March 24, 2009 06:28 PM

The Patriots will be wearing replicas of their 1963 uniforms -- and the helmets with old Pat Patriot -- when they open the season on Sept. 14 against the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium.

The "Monday Night Football" opener has been dubbed a legacy game by the NFL, which is commemorating the 50th anniversary season of the American Football League. The Patriots were one of the eight original AFL franchises that began play in 1960.

group.jpg

Robert Kraft (Courtesy Photo)

Both the Patriots and Bills will be wearing throwback jerseys for the game, as Buffalo will wear replicas of its 1965 uniforms. Then in the "Monday Night" nightcap of an old AFL doubleheader both the Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers will also wear throwback uniforms.

In a release the Patriots said that they will have three games this season where they will wear throwback jerseys designed as replicas of what the '63 team, which advanced to the AFL title game, wore.

All those games will be against other original AFL members, which also include the Denver Broncos, the Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans), New York Jets (New York Titans) and Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers).

Original AFL members on the Patriots' schedule for 2009 are the Jets (home and away), the Bills (home and away), Denver (away) and Tennessee (home).

Wow, so it won't be the red alternates we saw on Thanksgiving 2002. Instead, it will be similar to the white versions seen in the NFL's 75th in 1994:

Drew Bledsoe 1994

277339.jpg

Here's the logo:

afl_50th_logo.jpg

Last edited:

I was hoping for the Red unis again

brady_tom1128.jpg

That's Mr. Smart Ass to you.

From where are you getting that we play the Bills in week 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back