PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots team isn't healthy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And we are getting closer to playoffs...people should be getting healthy now..but it's the other way around this year

hopefully it doesn't hurt us..we need gronk for playoffs big time...why we need #2 seed!

Last edited:
I'm not sure how being deeper into the season, meaning they have played more games, correlates to "people should be getting healthy now".

:confused:

Good luck as far as injuries has a lot to do with how far you go in the playoffs. Look at the Giants last year, they got really healthy at right about this time last year. Unfortunately we are having incredibly BAD luck with injuries. Just when Edelman is starting to show the type of player we'd hope he'd be, we lose him for the year. Our offensive line has been unhealthy ALL season long. Just a really bad year for the Pats with injuries. Maybe too much to overcome despite how well they've been playing.

I'm not sure how being deeper into the season, meaning they have played more games, correlates to "people should be getting healthy now".

:confused:

it shouldn't..but we had some injuries at the beginning of the year..Ahern..mankins, hightower ect. Most are better now..but more serious injuries are popping up

Good luck as far as injuries has a lot to do with how far you go in the playoffs. Look at the Giants last year, they got really healthy at right about this time last year. Unfortunately we are having incredibly BAD luck with injuries. Just when Edelman is starting to show the type of player we'd hope he'd be, we lose him for the year. Our offensive line has been unhealthy ALL season long. Just a really bad year for the Pats with injuries. Maybe too much to overcome despite how well they've been playing.

That's what scare me...teams that win or go to SB are heathy at the right time...right now..that's not us. Not even close

Unfortunately we are having incredibly BAD luck with injuries. Just when Edelman is starting to show the type of player we'd hope he'd be, we lose him for the year. Our offensive line has been unhealthy ALL season long. Just a really bad year for the Pats with injuries. Maybe too much to overcome despite how well they've been playing.

Who have we lost to IR that we would consider a major player? That's more unlucky to me.

We have a lot of injuries and Edelman has been my sentimental favorite on this team since he has started, but we haven't lost anyone on the OL for the season there's a chance we can get healthy there. After a few weeks with both Gregory and Chung out we're uncharacteristically healthy in the defensive backfield.

Gronk will be back and yeah, we haven't had Gronk and Hernandez on the field at the same time much this year and yet our offense is tearing it up.

I dunno, I think we've got a reasonable amount of injuries and I actually feel lucky that we've only lost Edelman to IR that I can recall.

Perfect reason why there should never be an 18 week season as the NFL proposed,some teams won't even have enough players on the roster healthy by the 18th week to fill a 53 man roster.

Who have we lost to IR that we would consider a major player? That's more unlucky to me.

We have a lot of injuries and Edelman has been my sentimental favorite on this team since he has started, but we haven't lost anyone on the OL for the season there's a chance we can get healthy there. After a few weeks with both Gregory and Chung out we're uncharacteristically healthy in the defensive backfield.

Gronk will be back and yeah, we haven't had Gronk and Hernandez on the field at the same time much this year and yet our offense is tearing it up.

I dunno, I think we've got a reasonable amount of injuries and I actually feel lucky that we've only lost Edelman to IR that I can recall.

if we don't get a 1st round bye...gronk may and can miss first game which would suck..that's huge

One of the reasons the Pats win the division almost every year and go to the playoffs is because they have a deep roster, all teams have injuries this time of year, you hope it isnt to Brady or another key player.

And we are getting closer to playoffs...people should be getting healthy now..but it's the other way around this year
The guys down in the depth chart seem to be playing very well. Look at the strip sack by Scott on Sunday.

I'd say that the timing is GREAT to be getting Jones, Hightower, Cunningham, Bolden, Hernandez and Gronk back from injury instead of going to injury. I expect the same for Mankins. They had a rest. They'll be ready for the stretch run. What could be better than that? Edleman is a blow but they have Stallworth ready to step in and Wes to return the punts.

One of the reasons the Pats win the division almost every year and go to the playoffs is because they have a deep roster, all teams have injuries this time of year, you hope it isnt to Brady or another key player.

That's right and we aren't that bad with some key players at least scheduled to return. It wasn't just 2003, we had lots of injuries in our top years, but the 2003 team was like a mash unit. 42 different starters (45 in 2005, and we still made the playoffs).

The guys down in the depth chart seem to be playing very well. Look at the strip sack by Scott on Sunday.

I'd say that the timing is GREAT to be getting Jones, Hightower, Cunningham, Bolden, Hernandez and Gronk back from injury instead of going to injury. I expect the same for Mankins. They had a rest. They'll be ready for the stretch run. What could be better than that? Edleman is a blow but they have Stallworth ready to step in and Wes to return the punts.

Be nice if they could find someone else (Slater anyone?) to not risk Wes on all those odd-extra hits. with the wr depletion that would be preferred i would think.....But, football players play football so in all likelihood he will be back there - Mr Reliable.

There are three keys to winning. Depth, coaching and a good qb.

It begs the theoretical question - should the Pats rest some players over the last 4 games. If so who and in which games?

It seems to me like we're getting healthier, with the exception of the loss of Edelman to IR:

- Chandler Jones will be back and hopefully fully recovered from his ankle injury
- Aaron Hernandez is slowly working himself back into form after missing most of the season with an ankle injury
- Each week brings us closer to the return of Rob Gronkowski, which is the biggest return of all
- Sebastian Vollmer came back last week against Miami
- Brandon Bolden may be activated, adding depth to the running attack

With Jones back the defense is essentially healthy, and we should get a rested Jermaine Cunningham back in a couple of weeks. The defense is healthier than it was earlier in the season.

We don't know about Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly, who are important for a stretch run. Otherwise, once Gronk returns the offense will essentially be at full strength except for the loss of Edelman.

I think the team is slowly inching towards getting healthier.

I think we are in good shape. We have already locked up the playoff spot and can take our sweet time in bringing people back. I would rather they be healthiest at the first playoff game, not now.

It begs the theoretical question - should the Pats rest some players over the last 4 games. If so who and in which games?

Yep, we should definitely rest guys with four games to go and a bye (maybe even the #1 seed) in play.

Most teams are banged up right now. This is where depth and substance comes to play, this team has to show it's ability to play through injuries, which I think they do pretty well. Just wait until Gronk gets back, that TE duo will be back right in time.

This is why I said Gronk being hurt now is a blessing in disguise. He'll be fully ready when the playoffs come around and our offense will be able to go to anyone's field and beat them.

Gronk has a broken arm correct? 4-6 week injury but not something that should happen over and over again like a hammy or an ankle sprain would. Right? The real key is the O LINE...the playoffs bring superior D lines so the O line HAS to get healthy. Edelman's loss is big as he provided a healthy dose of positive field position on PRs and was a jack of all trades on offense.

Still if the O Line is healthy and Lloyd, AH, Gronk, Welker, Ridley, Vereen and Bolden are all healthy then the O should be in excellent shape. I think Vereen can take some of the same snaps Edelman did as he is quick and elusive with home run potential.

My 2 cents

It has always seemed after a "long season" in which we went deep into the playoffs, the subsequent season has seen an abnormally high amount of injuries....

Perhaps my view is anecdotal, would be interesting to see a longitudinal study of teams and injuries after superbowl or championship games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes