PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots talking to Browns about moving up to #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd not discount a Miller scenario though, with all the QBs being mocked Top 15 in Gosselin's guesstimate, you know there is a fair chance one or more trades in ahead of #6 disrupts the "standard" Top 5 projections. Myself, I'm Fairley confident this won't happen, but I'll be watching with interest.

Pun intended?

I think we're getting Jordan tonight, getting that feeling.

Chris Mortensen just tweeted: "Trade Buzz: New England looking to trade with Dallas to get Cameron Jordan."

No source or anything like that of course. There's been a lot of speculation here about a Dall-NE trade but 9 seems a bit high for Jordan; then again one thing I've learned about BB is he isn't afraid to "reach" for the player he wants.

Not a chance. The best package I can see BB willing to pay to move up is #17 and #60.
#28 and #33 are just to valuable....tools to keep adding multiple #1s for years to come. No way he ends that pipeline.

I agree. 28 and 33 have huge value for teams looking to grab a QB or want to snag a falling player [maybe Mark Ingram or Gabe Carimi].

Sadly, 17 seems to be the least valuable pick given the [perceived] whole in the middle of the draft.

I was listening to Mike Reiss today on Espn Boston Radio and he mentioned something off hand that made me think. He said from watching Jordan conduct himself at the All Star games and at the Combine that he didn't feel like he was a Patriot kind of guy.. he did go on to say it was just an initial thought not that he knew he was a punk or anything.

IF the Pats trade all the way up to ten to get Jordan, I would be pissed. Nobody even heard about this guy until a few weeks ago and now he is a top ten talent, they have a word for guys like that, Gholston.

Now granted I think that Jordan is going to be a very good player, but I don't think that he has a top ten resume and would be reluctant to go up that high to get him.

Chris Mortensen just tweeted: "Trade Buzz: New England looking to trade with Dallas to get Cameron Jordan."

No source or anything like that of course. There's been a lot of speculation here about a Dall-NE trade but 9 seems a bit high for Jordan; then again one thing I've learned about BB is he isn't afraid to "reach" for the player he wants.
I said the same thing earlier, but your right BB would reach for a player if he liked them enough ie Mankins. Although trading all the way up for a player he could probably get in the low teens would be awfuly costly as far as picks and cash in signing him.

Last edited:
IF the Pats trade all the way up to ten to get Jordan, I would be pissed. Nobody even heard about this guy until a few weeks ago and now he is a top ten talent, they have a word for guys like that, Gholston.

Now granted I think that Jordan is going to be a very good player, but I don't think that he has a top ten resume and would be reluctant to go up that high to get him.
I agree, i never got the love for Jordon, he played a great Senior bowl? and had a good combine, up until then he wasn't mentioned that much.

Last edited:

It'd be one thing if he fell to 17, but to trade up for him would bother me. Granted, I think the Pats could replace whatever they traded to obtain the 9th pick by trading the 28th and 33rd picks.

Honestly, how many second and third round picks do the Patriots need?

Well, I'm not sure there are 10 players in this draft who have "Top 10 talent". I do think that Jordan is one of the 10 best players in this draft.

Of course, if the Pats and Cowboys were having these discussions, there's no way Mortenson would know about them. It's either speculation or an intentional "leak".

Last edited:
I agree, i never got the love for Jordon, he played a great Senior bowl? and had a good combine, up until then he wasn't mentioned that much.

I liked Tyson Alualu more and still I don't think he should had been picked as high as 10th by the Jags. Is the talent so poor in this draft that BB is seeking to trade up to take a player that would had probably gone in the second round in 2010?

Did you hear that the Raiders talked to the Browns about trading up too?

Word out is that Al Davis wants to trade up to #6 to get his hands on
K Alex Henery from Nebraska before someone else scoops him up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Globe's Bedard tweeted earlier that a few scouts see Jordan as "A taller Adalius Thomas." Not sure what to think about that. ...

Smoke.

Screen.

Thought about it some more... you are right. They may have talked to the Cowboys, Browns, Bengals, Redskins to shore up the details of what it would take to move up. They did this when they traded back with the Saints when the drafted Mayo, the trade parameters were agreed to before hand. When the player New Orleans wanted was still available they called the Patriots and said "Is the deal still on the table?", the Patriots said Yes and the rest is history.

The Patriots likely called these teams and every other team but they would never ever tell the team they are calling which player they have interest in. That is an instant way to lose leverage.

I don't know why it is so strange for some that one of the top 10 players in this draft might actually get drafted at #9.

Well, I'm not sure there are 10 players in this draft who have "Top 10 talent". I do think that Jordan is one of the 10 best players in this draft.

Of course, if the Pats and Cowboys were having these discussions, there's no way Mortenson would know about them. It's either speculation or an intentional "leak".

The Globe's Bedard tweeted earlier that a few scouts see Jordan as "A taller Adalius Thomas." Not sure what to think about that. ...

If it was the AT on the ravens, I'm sold. Unfortunately, that AT never showed up here.

Two more rumours for what they're worth.

1. Dallas Pats trade is for #17,60,125

2. Patriots looking to trade up from #28 with Seahawks @25 to jump ahead of Ravens. Heyward?

Look, where there's smoke there's fire. There have been so many corroborating reports by now that I feel pretty confident that the Patriots are taking Robert Quinn at #6, Cameron Jordan at #9, Julio Jones at #10 and Danny Watkins at #28. Not a bad haul.

Look, where there's smoke there's fire. There have been so many corroborating reports by now that I feel pretty confident that the Patriots are taking Robert Quinn at #6, Cameron Jordan at #9, Julio Jones at #10 and Danny Watkins at #28. Not a bad haul.
That would be great, but can i substitute ingram in there instead of jones? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes