Ras-I Dowling

Myron Pryor

Sebastion Vollmer
Nate Solder

Aaron Hernandez
Rob Gronkowski

Julian Edelman
Taylor Price
Brandon Tate (good player, but no room for him)

Zoltan Mesko
Mathew Slater

Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Spikes
^^^^verdict is still out on both of them

We've also picked up alot of good UDFA....

Danny Woodhead
Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Dane Fletcher
Gary Guyton

That's 9 definite starters, plus another 8 that play prominent roles on our team. And I didn't even mention the 2 RB's we drafted this year that could become key pieces to the Offense.

Then you have guys like Cunningham, Spikes, Taylor Price. They could start any week, or atleast have potential to become starters in the next year or two.

Not bad for just 4 draft classes. I challenge you to find another perennial Playoff team that's added that many contributing players to their team since 2008.

Last edited:
that knock comes from drafting the bethel johnsons, chad jacksons, maroneys, and Merriweathers of the world. BB has had some poor drafts in the past but recently he's been great.

that knock comes from drafting the bethel johnsons, chad jacksons, maroneys, and Merriweathers of the world. BB has had some poor drafts in the past but recently he's been great.

Meriweather is a decent player. I think BB's problem with him was his maturity, lack of leadership and dedication.

Here's a guy who made a rap album. Was somehow involved in another shooting. and had a Rape take place in his house.

All in one offseason.

Maroney and Chad Jackson... Hm. Funny how all our busts came in the same couple of years when Josh McDaniels was here.

The drafting has been superb recently.

Maroney and Chad Jackson... Hm. Funny how all our busts came in the same couple of years when Josh McDaniels was here.

Yeah, I'm sure Josh McDaniels had big input on drafting Meriweather. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Meriweather is a decent player. I think BB's problem with him was his maturity, lack of leadership and dedication.

Here's a guy who made a rap album. Was somehow involved in another shooting. and had a Rape take place in his house.

All in one offseason.

The drafting has been superb recently.

BB's drafting was pretty solid in 2003-2005, then by the time you get to 2006-08, you have a roster stacked with talent, job openings are hard to come by. Not saying that is an excuse for three bad drafts, just a contributing factor to consider.

Now after three solid drafts, the roster is young and fairly well stacked on offense. Not a lot of job openings for the 2012 season.

The 2012 draft has to be heavy defense, lots of openings and opportunities on that side of the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back