PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Start Preparing For Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had to wait a long time for their shot at glory so that made their Football culture humble and mature even if the actual poster is a young person.

Definitely makes sense, but the Jets could go a century without a SB and they'd never have half of the humility/maturity/class off Saints fans. Hell, they're already almost halfway there.

They had to wait a long time for their shot at glory so that made their Football culture humble and mature even if the actual poster is a young person.

Ain't humility (rather than arrogance) a great thing?

I loved watching the Colts lose the SB last year, but I was also so happy for the long suffering Saints fans. Best fanbase in the NFL, IMO.

I wouldn't really start generalizing all Saints fans as humble fair fans just yet. I ventured over to a couple Saints forums to see if they were as excited at the upcoming practice as much as we were and, between the spygate jokes and fears we will intentionally injure their players, I think we have a lot to look forward too.

I wouldn't really start generalizing all Saints fans as humble fair fans just yet. I ventured over to a couple Saints forums to see if they were as excited at the upcoming practice as much as we were and, between the spygate jokes and fears we will intentionally injure their players, I think we have a lot to look forward too.

Yeah, that doesn't even bother me, though- those fans are everywhere. As long as the ones that come here are cool, I couldn't care less how the rest of them are.

Yeah, that doesn't even bother me, though- those fans are everywhere. As long as the ones that come here are cool, I couldn't care less how the rest of them are.

Same here. Saints appear to have some nice, decent people supporting their team. Sure, some others may be pricks, but we have more than our fair share of those too.

Definitely makes sense, but the Jets could go a century without a SB and they'd never have half of the humility/maturity/class off Saints fans. Hell, they're already almost halfway there.

One group is humble while the other lives in ignorant pride.

Anonymous Internet forums in general tend to get sickening fast if they are not well moderated.

What is it about Saints fans and being overwhelmingly cool? No complaints from me, definitely a welcome break from Jets trolls.

I'll second that. Fully agree.

Welcome BornNraisedWhoDat to Patsfans.

Well if you ever want to venture into Saints country, go to saintsreport.com. Best and most popular Saints forum and people there are cool. Some of the other forums are filled with a lot of new comer fans and juveniles.

Reading some Tweets on Saints Report, sounds like Brady & Moss are making some big plays against the Saints.

Word up if this afternoon or tomorrow AM is more likely to be a pads on scrimmage?

How's Patrick Robinson looking for you guys? Reports on McCourty have been pretty much as expected (nothing alarming, nothing amazing), and it'll be curious to follow the career trajectories of McCourty, Robinson, and Kyle Wilson over the next couple of years. Your offense is so loaded, the idea of even getting an upgrade at nickel back on your defense seems pretty filthy.

Patrick is doing solid....like you said, nothing amazing, and nothing horrible. He's had flashes of greatness....but also a few face palms :eek:

I think our staff wanted McCourty and P. Rob was second choice. So it will be interesting to see how their careers play out overtime. Never have too many good corners though.

I have been a member here for some time now and have always enjoyed my visits here even though I don't post much. It's just that now I finally know what it feels like to be the fan of the Super Bowl Champions. I know you guys certainly know that feeling.

Most Saints fans do tend to be humble. With our long track record of futility, it is pretty hard to get arrogant. The Saints came into the league in 1967 and I had season tickets in 1968. That season ticket package cost me $15.00 for 3 pre-season games and 7 regular season games. That was $1.50 per game. My tickets now are 100 times that per game, but I don't mind.

I'm looking forward to any feedback you guys can provide on this week's practices.

Last edited:
Well if you ever want to venture into Saints country, go to saintsreport.com. Best and most popular Saints forum and people there are cool. Some of the other forums are filled with a lot of new comer fans and juveniles.

Yea saintreport is pretty huge, Ive been on there for about 10 years, but they have gone a little overboard sometimes. Allot of scrappers there now, who don't think before they post.
blackandgold.com has become the voice of good sense lately.

I have been a member here for some time now and have always enjoyed my visits here even though I don't post much. It's just that now I finally know what it feels like to be the fan of the Super Bowl Champions. I know you guys certainly know that feeling.

Most Saints fans do tend to be humble. With our long track record of futility, it is pretty hard to get arrogant. The Saints came into the league in 1967 and I had season tickets in 1968. That season ticket package cost me $15.00 for 3 pre-season games and 7 regular season games. That was $1.50 per game. My tickets now are 100 times that per game, but I don't mind.

I'm looking forward to any feedback you guys can provide on this week's practices.

I think the Saints and Pats share a very similiar history of futility/humility (up until BB+Brady showed up).

I would think that long time fans can draw more similiarities than differences between the two franchises, however I would expect brand new bandwagon Saints fans to be about as obnoxious as the brand new bandwagon Pats fans were back in 2001. Most of these newbie fans will evaporate the next time the Saints have a tough season. :D

I could not be happier for the Saints to have beaten the Dolts, and for Drew Brees to get his dues. He is one player that never seems to have much trouble beating the Pats, unfortunately.

Seems like this thread was as good as any to post his in; I didn't think it deserved its own thread but wanted to throw it out there for those that might be interested.

Below is a link to the full transcript of Wednesday's Q&A with Bill Belichick; a large portion of the questions and answers revolve around BB and Sean Payton, as well as his opinion of the Saints team:

It Is What It Is Bill Belichick Q&A, 8/11

I would love for Payton to come coach the Pats after Bill retires in 2047.

amazing...the Pats get slaughtered,embarrassed,humiliated and destroyed by the Saints last season and here we are, like cousins at a family gathering sharing news and good times with Saint fans...meanwhile, these green knuckleheads post en masse here every day insisting that we are the worst fans in the league and hated by everybody and their Jets are the de facto world champions before there's been even one snap from center in 2010...tell me, what's wrong with this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes