PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots staple in 09?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like us to be boring as we were in 2004. We were the best. We played like the best. We were compared to the best teams ever and to the best franchises to ever play the game.

To do this, I think the essential (in addition to Brady's health) is depth so that we can continue to win even after the inevitable injuries.

I hope for balanced offense, aggressive defense.

Requires zero new persionnel on offense, just good play calling.

Going to need to see a lot better pass rush from the linebackers and better secondary play, which we've started to address in the offseason IMO.

I hope for balanced offense, aggressive defense.

Requires zero new persionnel on offense, just good play calling.

Going to need to see a lot better pass rush from the linebackers and better secondary play, which we've started to address in the offseason IMO.

Yep, Im hoping for a much improved secondary and not seeing TE's burning us up the middle for 15 yards on 3rd downs ..

Also hoping to see more blitzes from Merriweather and Mayo ..

Leaving the decade with 5 SB appearances and a young JUGGERNAUT. A Team stronger as it leaves the decade than it was during its triumphs. The #1 rated Offense and a top 5 rated very young and very fast Defense.

The team would have strong STs and depth up and down the roster. And the dread thought that its Defesne was in a position to become the Number One rated Defense as it matures going into the next decade.:D

They will be known for utilizing our talented TEs. This team doesn't need WRs, because its TEs present matchup problems. With talent like Watson, Thomas and company, they will be going crazy !

Maybe BB goes back to his passion : 1st round TEs. Pettigrew with those beasts, wow ! It's going to be ridonkulous ! Maybe three on the field at a time !

Can't wait.

Redemption (for 2007).....as Moss said going into last season: "we have some unfinished buissness"...now we have Brady back to finish that buissness!

Leaving the decade with 5 SB appearances and a young JUGGERNAUT. A Team stronger as it leaves the decade than it was during its triumphs. The #1 rated Offense and a top 5 rated very young and very fast Defense.

The team would have strong STs and depth up and down the roster. And the dread thought that its Defesne was in a position to become the Number One rated Defense as it matures going into the next decade.:D

That is what Im am talking about. I want this team to almost be like the Cards in the playoffs last year but better D. I want an Offense that is balanced but deadly, and a Defense that is young, fast and creates turnovers.:biggrin2:

If we win it all in a close super bowl, we will be known for our luck and the refs being on our side.

If we win it all by a blowout, we will be known for cheating.

If we lose in the playoffs or SB, we will be known for choking.

If we do not make the playoffs, we will be known for underachieving.

If the defense allows any touchdowns all season, they will be known for being old and slow.

Brady will be known as a system quarterback who is only good because of Randy Moss.

Randy Moss will be known as a legitimate talent who would be nothing truly special on another team.

Bill Belichick will be known as a fake genius who only looked good because of brilliant quarterback play.

Our draft will be declared absolutely inept.

Our secondary will be known as a leaky liabililty.

Our corners will be known as too short.

If we play like 2001-2004 we will be known as boring.

If we play like 2007 we will be known for running up the score and being unsportsmanlike.

More likely than any other team, we'll be known as the 2009 Super Bowl champions.

Then they'll put an asterisk by it :)

Look, if you're a Pats fan, you really don't want to ask what we'll be known for, you want to ask what will actually happen.

PFnV

Last edited:
I hope for the return to the days of old to Belichick's roots...the smash mouth running game. They have the smash mouth passing game. Defenses know the pass is going to Moss or Welker yet there is mostly nothing they can do about it. With a smash mouth running game, as in, "We're going to run off tackle and we know that you can't stop it", this would be the perfect offensive storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back