PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

patriots so far has the best draft in 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Who so far has got a better 2 than Maroney and Jackson(who is just starting to get going).

Last edited:
ChadJacksonFan said:
Who so far has got a better 2 than Maroney and Jackson(who is just starting get going).

You forgot O'Callaghan and Dave Thomas ;)

Last edited:
Gostkowski, Willie Andrews.

If you think about it, in each of the first 5 rounds, the Pats landed a contributor, they skip the 6th, then get another in the 7th. Not too shabby.

Dave Thomas had two penalties on STs in the early going. (EDIT: Actually, two bad plays, one of which was a penalty.)

And the Saints had a pretty good draft.

Still, points well taken. :)

Last edited:
Fencer said:
Dave Thomas had two penalties on STs in the early going. (EDIT: Actually, two bad plays, one of which was a penalty.)

And the Saints had a pretty good draft.

Still, points well taken. :)
Okay, I remember a holding, what was the other?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Okay, I remember a holding, what was the other?

Ending Maroney's kick return by getting overenthusiastic on his block.

Fencer said:
Ending Maroney's kick return by getting overenthusiastic on his block.
So, it's the blockers job to look behind him instead of putting a hat on someone? I never knew. Okay, sorry, that was probably too sarcastic, but it's how I feel about some of the posts in the game thread tonight and some I expect tomorrow. Blockers lead, runners follow or go around.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Gostkowski, Willie Andrews.

If you think about it, in each of the first 5 rounds, the Pats landed a contributor, they skip the 6th, then get another in the 7th. Not too shabby.

It would've been the perfect draft if we'd have taken Mark Anderson instead of Garrett Mills in the 4th. But ohh well.

Box_O_Rocks said:
So, it's the blockers job to look behind him instead of putting a hat on someone? I never knew. Okay, sorry, that was probably too sarcastic, but it's how I feel about some of the posts in the game thread tonight and some I expect tomorrow. Blockers lead, runners follow or go around.

I agree I'm not going to fault Thomas for that. He was trying to do his job and throw a block.

Seymour93 said:
It would've been the perfect draft if we'd have taken Mark Anderson instead of Garrett Mills in the 4th. But ohh well.

Anderson was one of the guys I wanted the Pats to take very badly. I had him rated right behind Hali and Kiwanuka and actually wanted him over them because I felt he'd be better value taking him later in the draft.

Last edited:
Well, maybe it was Maroney's fault for not slowing down and letting Thomas do his thing, actually ... as in "setting up" his blockers ...

Fencer said:
Well, maybe it was Maroney's fault for not slowing down and letting Thomas do his thing, actually ... as in "setting up" his blockers ...
If I was running that fast I'd be doing a header trying to slow down suddenly in that situation, but like cars and ships, if you're coming up on someone from behind, he's got the right of way. That was an amazing spin move off the collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots