PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Silence Critics, Reign Isn't Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 2009 was the end to the old reign, and this year is the beginning of the next one.

All I know is we look like we'll be in a great position for many, many more years.

Maybe 2009 was the end to the old reign, and this year is the beginning of the next one.

If you ask old time Steelers fans they will say that the 74-76 Steelers were a different team than the 77-80 Steelers- even though they had Bradshaw, Franco Harris, etc. Much more explosive offensively and the D was still very good, but not crazy good as it was earlier in the decade.

I kinda think the same thing is going on with the Pats 01-07...transition in 08 & 09....2010 to future.

If the second run approaches the first run, I'd be quite pleased. :D

If you ask old time Steelers fans they will say that the 74-76 Steelers were a different team than the 77-80 Steelers- even though they had Bradshaw, Franco Harris, etc. Much more explosive offensively and the D was still very good, but not crazy good as it was earlier in the decade.

I kinda think the same thing is going on with the Pats 01-07...transition in 08 & 09....2010 to future.

That thought should keep a lot of head coaches and GMs in the NFL up at night.

Yes, regardless of what happens this year, the future looks bright for the Pats. They need to draft a few new offensive guys but I think this team will be a SB contender for the years to come.

That thought should keep a lot of head coaches and GMs in the NFL up at night.

It's possible. As long as BB continues to fortify the rest of the roster and TB can stay healthy into his mid to late 30s, there is no reason why they can't win another 2-3 SBs. History tells us that there are a number of QBs who have won SBs in the early 30s - even Elway won in 97 and 98 at 37 and 38 years old respecfully.

A couple decades from now, the common football fan will remember the Patriots Dynasty as one that lasted over a decade.
I don't think people will talk about "rebuilding years" or about blowing playoff games in Denver and Indy. People may mention the SB disaster/choke we had and the lost 2008 season, but the 2007 team will be remembered for its utter domination of the opposition.
Time will patch up the empty spaces of this Dynasty and history will remember the Patriots, BB, and the TB's for domination that lasted almost one score.

A couple decades from now, the common football fan will remember the Patriots Dynasty as one that lasted over a decade.
I don't think people will talk about "rebuilding years" or about blowing playoff games in Denver and Indy. People may mention the SB disaster/choke we had and the lost 2008 season, but the 2007 team will be remembered for its utter domination of the opposition.
Time will patch up the empty spaces of this Dynasty and history will remember the Patriots, BB, and the TB's for domination that lasted almost one score.

Agreed. If they win in 2010, the history books will look at it as 5 SB appearances in 10 years with the same coach and QB. The 49ers were 4 SB in 9 years so it's the same ballpark.

The 76 and 77 Steelers were victims of a couple things. In 76 Bleier and Harris were unavailable for the AFCCG and in 77 Mel Bount was out. They easily could have won those two years, but things happen.

Same could be said for the Pats.
2005 Dillon was hurt and the D lost Ty Law and Rodney.
2006 No Rodney and Deion
2007 Woulda shoulda coulda
2008 No TB
2009 Who knows
2010 ?

You could make the same g

Last edited:
I want to take this time to congratulate the New York Jets* for fulfilling their obligation of this year's AFC East team that was supposed to to unseat the Pats as division winners, but failed in the end. It should be interesting to see who the media will get behind next year because unlike last year, neither the Jets nor the Dolphins look close to overtaking the Pats for the 2011 season.

To me, the Patriots are already the greatest dynasty because of 2 words: Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes