PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Nick Moore to PS (Lance's Brother)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#17! No! The Chad Jackson reunion isn't occurring...

Seriously though, it's Wednesday, it looks like we are not adding anyone at WR for this postseason run and will go in with the ridicolously thin group we have. I can only hope this means that we will ditch the spread (at least with WR personnel) and never see more than 2 WR in the game at once. Honestly, given our personnel, that is going to be our most effective group - and it will be an effective one. We have some explosive weapons on offense, its just that they (Faulk, Watson, etc.) are not wideouts. And we can use that to our advantage to dictate the defensive personnel, and then adapt to either run or pass based on the look.

Perfect name for another player on the team because no other playoff team is physically NICKed up MOORE than the Patriots.

Erik Scalavino reports on PFW in Progress that there is a #14 on the field for practice today. Could be Robert Ortiz.

Moore is wearing #17, as he tweeted.

Erik Scalavino reports on PFW in Progress that there is a #14 on the field for practice today. Could be Robert Ortiz.

Yeah sounds like Ortiz

The Chad Jackson jinx continues.....

Watson and Faulk have been part of the spread offense for several years.

While I am not a fan of 4 WR sets, we are fine with Moss, Edelman. Faulk and Watson as the receivers and Morris in the backfield.

#17! No! The Chad Jackson reunion isn't occurring...

Seriously though, it's Wednesday, it looks like we are not adding anyone at WR for this postseason run and will go in with the ridicolously thin group we have. I can only hope this means that we will ditch the spread (at least with WR personnel) and never see more than 2 WR in the game at once. Honestly, given our personnel, that is going to be our most effective group - and it will be an effective one. We have some explosive weapons on offense, its just that they (Faulk, Watson, etc.) are not wideouts. And we can use that to our advantage to dictate the defensive personnel, and then adapt to either run or pass based on the look.

Watson and Faulk have been part of the spread offense for several years.

While I am not a fan of 4 WR sets, we are fine with Moss, Edelman. Faulk and Watson as the receivers and Morris in the backfield.

Exactly - we can still run the spread, but out of a personnel grouping that includes 2WR.

Which, to me, is even more difficult for the defense to defend (given our current receiving group, maybe not if we had the 2007 group) as Faulk & Watson have versatility.

So, sure, we can still spread them out. Just not with wide receivers, is my point.

Last edited:
:D

I doubt it...14 is Grogans retired number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back