PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Nick Moore to PS (Lance's Brother)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just heard on the local news, details to follow...
# Hey everybody. I'll be wearing #17...should be a good look on my long body lol about 3 hours ago from Twee
# Its OFFICIAL..I'm a Patriot! Thanks for all the prayers an support everyone!!! about 11 hours ago from Twee
Via: http://twitter.com/NickMoore_1

Bio: http://www.utrockets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18000&ATCLID=1479548

Draft Bio: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=14037&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

Measurements: 6-2/194

Update: He was dropped from Vikings practice squad so my best guess is we signed him to our practice squad, did we have an open spot or was someone promoted?

Last edited:
Re: Patriots sign Nick Moore (Lance's Brother)

Who?? :confused:

Id feel better if this was Harry Fitzgerald... Or something.

Last edited:

Interesting. Thought Jenkins would get the call. Anyone ever see this guy play?

Looks like he thought he was going to sign with the Rams but now gets a team still in it. He was a reasonable prospect in last year's draft, hard to imagine him getting time at WR for us this year though.

03/18/09 - Toledo Pro day: Two team representatives were there and both were from nearby Cleveland and Cincinnati to watch four players work out on March 12. The most notable prospect, Nick Moore (younger brother of Saints WR Lance Moore), was present, but chose not to participate. He was measured (6-2 1/8, 198 pounds), but decided to do his drills at Ohio State’s pro day. These are his numbers from Ohio State, which was run indoors on FieldTurf. He ran a 4.53 and 4.56 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 4.18 short shuttle and a 6.91 three-cone drill. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com via NFL Draft Scout

I've seen him play a few times, live and on TV. He looked pretty decent considering he played for Toledo. His most impressive game that I remember was against Michigan, where he had 20 catches for 162 yards.

I wonder how much he'll be able to do though.

Last edited:

I've seen him play a few times, live and on TV. He looked pretty decent considering he played for Toledo. His most impressive game that I remember was against Michigan, where he had 20 catches for 162 yards.

I wonder how much he'll be able to do though.
Off hand, he'll develop as a #3 WR type behind Aiken and Stanback.

Off hand, he'll develop as a #3 WR type behind Aiken and Stanback.

I'm not sure we even know if Aiken will be available this week. He looked like he was really hurting.

Isn't Lance Moore a free agent this up coming offseason? Just planting that seed....

Last edited:

03/18/09 - Toledo Pro day: Two team representatives were there and both were from nearby Cleveland and Cincinnati to watch four players work out on March 12. The most notable prospect, Nick Moore (younger brother of Saints WR Lance Moore), was present, but chose not to participate. He was measured (6-2 1/8, 198 pounds), but decided to do his drills at Ohio State’s pro day. These are his numbers from Ohio State, which was run indoors on FieldTurf. He ran a 4.53 and 4.56 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 4.18 short shuttle and a 6.91 three-cone drill. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com via NFL Draft Scout

He's lost almost two inches in height since Toledo. Industrial accident?

Maybe BB thinks we'll be playing the Vikings in the SuperBowl so he's getting info from him? :)

Last edited:

He's lost almost two inches in height since Toledo. Industrial accident?
It's okay, Edelman gained them. :cool:

Re: Patriots sign Nick Moore to PS (Lance's Brother)

He was signed to the practice squad per Reiss. There was an open spot when Wendell was promoted and Titus Adams was claimed by the Browns to make space for Wendell, and didn't go back to the PS.

Jenkins is wearing a protective boot as per the Herald, so I'd cross him off the list of potential 53-man roster replacements.

Nick needs to stop tweeting though. Immediately.

Last edited:

Not confident we will see #17 on the field Sunday...

Not confident we will see #17 on the field Sunday...

No way. He's not going to learn the offense in three days, get promoted, and play in a playoff game.

BB will not put up with him Twittering....

I hope he overtakes Stanback by the SD game (yes, I'm look past the Gayvens). I thought Isaiah was really good in his first field time and then *poof* he disappeared. He's been pretty good on some blocking though.

It's be nice to find some unexpected Gem who could contribute even a viable threat on occasion. Aiken's injury worries me more than Welker's where the element of surprise in the play-off's is considered.

I hope he overtakes Stanback by the SD game (yes, I'm look past the Gayvens). I thought Isaiah was really good in his first field time and then *poof* he disappeared. He's been pretty good on some blocking though.

It's be nice to find some unexpected Gem who could contribute even a viable threat on occasion. Aiken's injury worries me more than Welker's where the element of surprise in the play-off's is considered.

Some unexpected gem...like a kid who played QB in College and seems to be a clone of Welker??

Some unexpected gem...like a kid who played QB in College and seems to be a clone of Welker??

I don't disregard Edelperson. I just mean that I'd love to see one of these SUPER-nobodies turn up in the nick of time. We've been watching Julian closely since TC. I have some great photos of him from camp and he was pretty impressive then too.

I don't disregard Edelperson. I just mean that I'd love to see one of these SUPER-nobodies turn up in the nick of time. We've been watching Julian closely since TC. I have some great photos of him from camp and he was pretty impressive then too.

I didn't mean that you were and obviously I would like to find another Gem too just thought it was a little funny that you are hoping for a hidden gem to help us through the Welker injury and that is what we already have though as you state he hasn't been hidden for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots