PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign WR Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I was thinking, omfg we signed Andre!?!?!?!? :eek:

Didn't get a chance to see too much of him. How is his route running?

On the links above, I read ex-marine instead of ex-maine and I thought we were getting Rambo for a second there.

First off please put the full name in the title.

Secondly why does this deserve a thread? I am not trying to be mean but he is nothing special. I see him as a JAG WR hoping to make the P.S. unless we strike gold.

Last edited:
First off please put the full name in the title.

Secondly why does this deserve a thread? I am not trying to be mean but he is nothing special. I see him as a JAG WR hoping to make the P.S. unless we stroke gold.

You do realize that ME in PatsNutME means he is from Maine, right?

Screw you for being misleading.

I was excited for a second...

Last edited:
You do realize that ME in PatsNutME means he is from Maine, right?

I know what it says in the thread. I am talking about the thread title that says "Patriots sign WR Johnson". I would just have preferred if that had more info as there are rumors about Andre Johnson. Also just cause the poster is from ME does not mean the player in question is. Those are 2 separating things and why would I assume they are related?

Again I am not trying to get on anyone's case here and was not the only one who suggested it. I appreciate new updates as much as anyone. How about we just drop it now as I don't want my comment to be made a bigger deal than I intended it to be.

I know what it says in the thread. I am talking about the thread title that says "Patriots sign WR Johnson". I would just have preferred if that had more info as there are rumors about Andre Johnson. Also just cause the poster is from ME does not mean the player in question is. Those are 2 separating things and why would I assume they are related?

Again I am not trying to get on anyone's case here and was not the only one who suggested it. I appreciate new updates as much as anyone. How about we just drop it now as I don't want my comment to be made a bigger deal than I intended it to be.

The player is from maine, as is the moderator who posted it, and any signing of Andre Johnson would have to be preceded by a trade for him so even looking at it the first time i knew it wasn't him.

That aside i was only kidding around.

Screw you for being misleading.
I apologize to those of you who had premature ejaculation before reading the thread.:D
If this was the WR Johnson from the Houston Texans do you really, really think that news would not have been all over TV, radio, and the internet? And it would have involved a trade instead as he is still under contract with the Texans.

Why does it need it's own thread? Because it was not a part of a group of UDFA signings and it does involve the Patriots adding a player to the roster. Some of you need to take walks outside.;)

It's more helpful in life to have a big Johnson. Speed isn't so essential.

Damn I thought we had signed Ochocinco again

Why does it need it's own thread? Because it was not a part of a group of UDFA signings and it does involve the Patriots adding a player to the roster. Some of you need to take walks outside.;)

Well to answer this part of your post. I guess it depends on each person specifically and what they find worth knowing about. For me though personally; I would say I would only like a thread about an UDFA signing if it was a truly exceptional UDFA which has a realistic chance to crack the 53.

The reason I don't think a guy like Derrick Johnson deserves his own thread is because he is very unlikely to ever contribute here. Dobson, Edelman, Amendola and LaFell are almost certainly staying. Also with Slater on the team there is likely only 1 spot left.

Thompkins, Boyce. Harrison, Gallon are all competing for that spot and likely have the inside track over any UDFAs. I just don't see a guy like Derrick likely to ever make an impact on this team. But you never know. He could be a Victor Cruz for all I know.

The reason I don't think a guy like Derrick Johnson deserves his own thread is because he is very unlikely to ever contribute here. Dobson, Edelman, Amendola and LaFell are almost certainly staying. Also with Slater on the team there is likely only 1 spot left.

Thompkins, Boyce. Harrison, Gallon are all competing for that spot and likely have the inside track over any UDFAs. I just don't see a guy like Derrick likely to ever make an impact on this team. But you never know. He could be a Victor Cruz for all I know.

How on earth can you say that, the number of young players who have come out of nowhere to make this team and contribute under Belichick is very long. nobody had any idea who Stephen Neal was and the idea of turning a college wrestler into a pro bowl OL was as far fetched as they come at the time. I agree that he is a longshot but so was Kenbrell thompkins at this time last year.

Well to answer this part of your post. I guess it depends on each person specifically and what they find worth knowing about. For me though personally; I would say I would only like a thread about an UDFA signing if it was a truly exceptional UDFA which has a realistic chance to crack the 53.

Well Bob, we just don't know if he will make the team at this point, do we? You can, 1. ignore the thread or 2. comment on the player involved.

Ian, and the moderators can decide if a certain subject is thread worth or not. thank you for you input though.

WTF, I though this was about Andre...

Didn't get a chance to see too much of him. How is his route running?
I've seen him in several games this year. He does have good speed and run after catch. He does run crisp slant routes and go routes. What I don't know is how he will be able to get separation from NFL DB's. They do play in a conference that has the best competition, top to bottom, in the D-1AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots