Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 08, 2006
WR Berlin signed

The Patriots bolstered their wide receiving corps today, confirming the signing of veteran wide receiver Eddie Berlin.

Berlin is on the practice field for this afternoon's session. He is wearing No. 81, last donned by Bethel Johnson.

Now in his sixth season, Berlin spent the first four seasons of his career with the Titans. His best season was 2004, with 20 catches for 278 yards and one touchdown.

The team is now one player under the roster limit.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:32:48 PM

Berlin was inactive for the Patriots-Titans playoff game in January of 2004.

He was active and had 1 special teams tackle against the Patriots in the Week 5 Patriots-Titans matchup in October 2003.

Last edited:
WR Berlin signed....

Eddie Berlin
Position: WR
Height: 5-11
Weight: 195
Born: 01/14/1978
College: Northern Iowa
NFL Experience: 6
per Reiss.....WRs are needed...so????
Last played with the Titans...

I'm not sure why, but this makes me worried about Chad Jackson's injury. :(

Pioli Construction: Building the shadow roster, one player at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time. Is this guy any good?

Edit: Not according to his stats, of course. Anybody got a clue on this guy?

Last edited:
someone knows him ? is he a good player ? has he some potential ?

Last edited:
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=139

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] PLAYER NOTES LOG:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Mar 20 2006 - WR Eddie Berlin re-signed with Chicago.

Dec 15 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin was one of four Bears who tried out for the punt return job Wednesday, a day after the team waived Bobby Wade.

Jul 31 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin has displayed sticky hands and toughness over the middle, and he's the best of the bunch on special-teams coverages. A fifth-year veteran, Berlin is the most experienced of the Bears' "other" receivers. At 5-feet-11 and 195 pounds and minus great speed, it's easy to typecast him as the prototypical white, possession receiver.

May 14 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin is expected to compete with third-year pro Bobby Wade for playing time in the slot this season with the Bears. "From what I've seen so far," said offensive coordinator Ron Turner, "he has really good, consistent hands, good quickness and a good feel, especially as an inside receiver." Berlin had 20 receptions for 278 yards and 1 TD as Tennessee's third receiver last season. With the depth chart unsettled after No. 1 receiver Muhsin Muhammad, Berlin will compete in training camp with Wade, Justin Gage, Bernard Berrian and draft picks Mark Bradley and Airese Currie for playing time.

Mar 25 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin signed March 23 with the Chicago Bears, where he'll join another former Titan, right tackle Fred Miller. "I'm excited," Berlin said. "Even after three weeks (of free agency) I was starting to get a little antsy, wondering what was going to happen and if it was going to be a situation where I'd be waiting around for a phone call in July. I loved it in Tennessee, but Chicago was my No. 1 spot to go to since that didn't work out." Berlin is slated to earn a base salary of $540,000 to go with his $25,000 signing bonus. He will battle Bobby Wade and Justin Cage for a role and playing time.

Feb 19 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin will become a UFA when the Titans don't pick up an option bonus.

Jan 12 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin is an unrestricted free agent who has maxed out his potential and might not be re-signed.

Dec 7 2004 - WR Eddie Berlin hasn't made more than one catch in a game since Week Six, and the Titans go to him in the three wide receiver set only in desperate situations.

Nov 30 2004 - WR Eddie Berlin hasn't made more than one catch in a game since Week Six, and the Titans go to him in the three wide receiver set only in desperate situations.

Nov 16 2004 - WR Eddie Berlin continues to work as the team's third wide receiver, but his chances will continue to be minimal as the Titans will run a lot more two-back and two-tight end formations.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]PLAYER INJURY LOG:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Aug 22 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin is expected out 6 more weeks with a partially torn groin muscle.

Aug 14 2005 - WR Eddie Berlin is expected out 6-8 weeks with a partially torn groin muscle.

Jan 7 2004 - WR Eddie Berlin remains out with post concussion symptoms left over from the Dec. 14 game.

Dec 31 2003 - WR Eddie Berlin remains out with post concussion symptoms.

http://www.kffl.com/player/1895/NFL

Bears | Team terminates Berlin's contract
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:56:29 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have terminated the contract of WR Eddie Berlin.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=5607

[truncated]

"Tough, competitve, high motor player...willing to go across the middle in traffic...drops because not natural hands catcher, not because he's afraid to go across...good timed speed for WR...vertical threat...can create seperation on underneath routes...excellent effort downfield blocking...needs to improve hands - body catcher...needs to improve finding voids against zones..."

-Scouts, Inc.

Last edited:
My first thought was: a poor man's Drew Bennett.

14thDragon said:

I'm sure it is unrelated. Branch is still holding out. Maybe they've decided to move on from Branch (as far as having warm bodies in camp, EDIT). Or maybe it's just to replace the WR that went on IR a little while back. Or perhaps John Stone is seriously injured (he came up lame again in yesterdays practice). It could be anything. It's one of the thinnest positions on our team, so an additional vet just says to me that some of the bubble guys are more bubble than the people pulling for them thought. I think this says SQUAT about our ROOKIE second round pick (except that they need bodies in camp and he's been off the field).

Last edited:
Well, I live here in Titans-land and I've seen Eddie play many times. He's a special teamer wearing a WR number. That's what he is. I've never thought much of the guy, although I'm probably more critical of him than most people around this city would be. I suppose he can be a competent fill-in or number 4 receiver. He has some athletic ability. But it's nothing to get too excited about. He's better than a lot of the guys the Pats are throwing at right now simply because he has some legitimate NFL experience.

TNPatsFan said:
Well, I live here in Titans-land and I've seen Eddie play many times. He's a special teamer wearing a WR number. That's what he is. I've never thought much of the guy, although I'm probably more critical of him than most people around this city would be. I suppose he can be a competent fill-in or number 4 receiver. He has some athletic ability. But it's nothing to get too excited about. He's better than a lot of the guys the Pats are throwing at right now simply because he has some legitimate NFL experience.

Is he similar to Bam Childress?

14thDragon said:

Unrelated.

With Stone injured and Shelton on the I.R., and with open roster spots, the Pats needed another WR body.

He's a vet, so that's a plus.

TNPatsFan said:
He's a special teamer wearing a WR number.
That's the reason, you said it and pats1 has it in the timeline above - we lose a WR and a Special Teamer to IR, which would you be shopping for first in camp competition if you were BB?

He could compete for the 5th WR spot, nothing to get excited about. I am pretty sure I read he has experience with ST coverage units, with Mitchell gone there may be an opening. Reminds me of Kevin Kasper but a little smaller.

Clonamery said:
My first thought was: a poor man's Drew Bennett.

I've always thought of him as that - often get confused between the two, since they played on the same team.

Last edited:
b9eba78a20da5d148608409987ce6f4d.jpg

1.jpg

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...die+berlin|2233391784121335|0|0|0|0&p=2&tag=1

Last edited:
PATRIOTS-80 said:
Is he similar to Bam Childress?

He's not as small as Bam, not as fast either. Other than that I can't really compare them as receivers as I've never seen Bam play.

pats1 said:
I've always thought of him as that - often get confused between the two, since they played on the same team.

I say that because Bennett took off and Berlin did not. I saw a couple of games where he dropped some wide open balls. If he can do ST as well then there you go....we still have 2-3 weeks of grunt work left and bodies are needed.

Last edited:
He is a JAB for our recieving core.

Just Another Body....

I would make no judgements about Stone, Caldwell or anything else. Now, should they make a deal for Stallworth or Porter, then - worry about Branch, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes