Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Patriots sign WR C.J. Jones

I don't get it.

A longshot? I nominate that remark for Understatement of the Year.

Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Browns in 2003. Was on and off their roster in 2003. Spent the entire 2004 season on the Browns' practice squad. Was out of football after getting cut before the 2005 season. Signed by Seahawks after the 2005 season, cut before the 2006 season.

He has 1 accrued season (Browns, 2003), so he'll be on the books for $360k.

A longshot? I nominate that remark for Understatement of the Year.

Yep. Gostowski would have better odds of kicking a ball through the Gillette uprights standing on the 50 yard line.......of Giants Stadium.

Last edited:

LOL Why do this to someone?

Look we are going to sign you but you have 0% chance of making this team.

Jones: What about on special teams?

Team: What part of 0% wasnt clear?

Don't get too upset. They only need him for practice.

just wait for a couple days, they will sign a TE and maybe a couple of QBs.

Let me make an official prediction.
Pats will trade a wideout to someone before the start of camp. TENN is desperate for a WR with Givens still injured and possibly headed to PUP then IR.

Pats will trade a wideout to someone before the start of camp. TENN is desperate for a WR with Givens still injured and possibly headed to PUP then IR.

Titans were pissed that Washington did not sign with them. Maybe if Washington is doing iffy we'll trade him for a low pick to Tenn.?

LOL Why do this to someone?

Look we are going to sign you but you have 0% chance of making this team.

Jones: What about on special teams?

Team: What part of 0% wasnt clear?

The per dium is $4000. a week through the end of august. nice pocket change for the kid.

Titans were pissed that Washington did not sign with them. Maybe if Washington is doing iffy we'll trade him for a low pick to Tenn.?

A strong possibility. However I would like to see a young wideout besides Wanker signed multi-year to the Pats.

That, Sir, is a great prediction. Or possibly Gaffney or even Caldwell. I was looking at the Titans depth chart the other day, and right now their starters would be Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and Courtney Roby. Now that's just not fair to young Vince.

If we don't, you know Mangini is drooling.

These types of signings (Tom Sverchek, Ifo Pili, Keron Henry, Walter Rasby, Kelvin Kight) get me excited for training camp and the preseason.

That, Sir, is a great prediction. Or possibly Gaffney or even Caldwell. I was looking at the Titans depth chart the other day, and right now their starters would be Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and Courtney Roby. Now that's just not fair to young Vince.

To be completely honest i think this coaching staff really likes Gaffney. I dont know why but i get that feeling. Same with Caldwell, Belichick told him he has a place on this team.

These types of signings (Tom Sverchek, Ifo Pili, Keron Henry, Walter Rasby, Kelvin Kight) get me excited for training camp and the preseason.
Right now besides needing enough bodies for camp...it's getting the right mix of the 80 plus into camp. And that will only make the 53 better...

Opportunities for young receivers with Practice Squad eligibility are not to be sneezed at. The kid has been on the edge of things and keeps working at it, who knows what will be possible if he can earn a PSquad berth and works hard behind these better known receivers who may not be here next season. Welcome aboard kid, kick some butt and learn from the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes