PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign UDFA WR Mark Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artrell Hawkins on the Opening Day 53? I really, really hope not.

He can be our very own Demaryius Thomas

Hopefully he can be a keeper. And replace the void of Welker!

He's a PS candidate all the way. Because he didn't get drafted, you can pretty safely assume that he won't get claimed.

Will Yeatman says hello.

Wrong Hawkins.

Yeah, I typed that last post just before I had to leave the house. So while I'm out, I think to myself:
did I really write Artrell, when I meant Lavelle?

Flashbacks are crazy, man.

Yeah, I typed that last post just before I had to leave the house. So while I'm out, I think to myself:
did I really write Artrell, when I meant Lavelle?

Flashbacks are crazy, man.

All Hawkins' aside, I agree with you fully. Unless Lavelle really shows up in TC, I don't think he makes the roster either.

Of course stranger things have happened, so I never say never, but I'd be kind of surprised.

He can be our very own Demaryius Thomas

Yes he could...

6'3 235lbs
40 yard dash in 4.46 seconds is ANIMAL-Like for his size, that has too grab your attention! He was only .02 seconds behind Justin Hunter
Vertical leap of 38.5 inches (wow)
10'9 Jump
Bench press of 17 Reps at 225lbs (tremendous strength)
88 receptions, 1412 yards during his sophomore and senior year, 15 TDs
Excellent at comeback routes and throwing defenders off of him at the line of scrimmage.

If he can contain his off field issues, which Bill has been known to do in the past then I think we have a steal. Why not have two beastful bodies at WR that can run and catch very well (Dobson and Harrison) to more complicate small defenses with adding pain alongside Gronk, and speedy Hernandez.

I really hope he makes the team, who couldn't use a freak of nature like this at the WR spot.

Yes he could...

6'3 235lbs
40 yard dash in 4.46 seconds is ANIMAL-Like for his size, that has too grab your attention! He was only .02 seconds behind Justin Hunter
Vertical leap of 38.5 inches (wow)
10'9 Jump
Bench press of 17 Reps at 225lbs (tremendous strength)
88 receptions, 1412 yards during his sophomore and senior year, 15 TDs
Excellent at comeback routes and throwing defenders off of him at the line of scrimmage.

If he can contain his off field issues, which Bill has been known to do in the past then I think we have a steal. Why not have two bea(Please be quiet - edited)l bodies at WR that can run and catch very well (Dobson and Harrison) to more complicate small defenses with adding pain alongside Gronk, and speedy Hernandez.

I really hope he makes the team, who couldn't use a freak of nature like this at the WR spot.

Here is NFL.com's draft analysis of Mark Harrison:

"Strengths
Great size, with a powerful build. Long arms. Uses his body to shield defenders from the football. Does a good job of coming back to the football. Better feet and quickness on comeback routes than you'd expect. Big-play and red-zone threat. Difficult to bring down with the ball in his hands, will run through arm tackles. Competitor. Good footwork as a blocker, extends arms, and gains proper position.

Weaknesses
Inconsistent with his hands, will drop some easy ones. Doesn't always extend off his frame like he should. A bit stiff in the hips, and will struggle with outbreaking routes. Will too frequently catch his targets as a blocker instead of attacking. Never has had tremendous production.

NFL Comparison
Marvin McNutt

Bottom Line
Harrison hasn't always lived up to his measurables, and has had some ups and downs throughout his career at Rutgers. Still, his blend of size and athletic ability will result in some team taking a flier on him. "

He seems to have disappeared completely during his junior season though.

What is the biggest knock on him? Besides some of his weaknesses of course. Where there major off-field concerns about him, aside from the combine hotel room etc?

wassamadda with Hawkins????

I LOVE the guy....

199+Screamin%27+Jay+Hawkins.jpg

He seems to have disappeared completely during his junior season though.

What is the biggest knock on him? Besides some of his weaknesses of course. Where there major off-field concerns about him, aside from the combine hotel room etc?

= Mohamed Sanu maybe. 115 catches that year.

Sanu's excellent season can't explain all of Harrison's disappearance, can it?

Don't get me wrong; I would love for him to make Bill's final decisions as difficult as possible,
though I won't be getting my expectations too high either. Let's hope the kid wants it real, real badly.

The NFL.com comparison to Marvin McNutt doesn't even make sense. McNutt was a tall receiver, but that's about where it ends. He was super productive in college and didn't make it in the pros because he didn't have the physical tools other than his height. Harrison's production in college was meager and he has the physical tools of a superhero.

Sanu's excellent season can't explain all of Harrison's disappearance, can it?

Don't get me wrong; I would love for him to make Bill's final decisions as difficult as possible,
though I won't be getting my expectations too high either. Let's hope the kid wants it real, real badly.

Not entirely, but aside from Sanu, no receiver did much of anything that year. The next best was 32, then 27 and everyone else no better than the teens.

Not entirely, but aside from Sanu, no receiver did much of anything that year. The next best was 32, then 27 and everyone else no better than the teens.

Hmm..interesting. I didn't realize that the other WR numbers were that low.

Of course, that's why you're one of the go-to draft guru's on the board :rocker:

On nfldraftcountdown board, Rutgers alum indicated that Mark Harrison runs good routes, gets open but has a problem with untimely drops that cost the team some wins.

On nfldraftcountdown board, Rutgers alum indicated that Mark Harrison runs good routes, gets open but has a problem with untimely drops that cost the team some wins.

So BB should trade him to Denver?

After hearing about his experience at the combine (hotel room), I'm a bit scared as to what kind of ideas he may have in store for his TD dance :eek:

On the other hand, if/when he does score we can all hold up the 2 point conversion hand signal without even having to resort to the coach's board first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back