according to PatriotsInsider.com

COREY BRAMLET MEASURABLES
Height: 6-4 Weight: 222
40-yard dash: 4.71 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 4.21 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-8 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 7.43 Vertical jump: 31
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash:

wow, Tom Brady better watch his back! hahaha. just kidding. but it's great that between the draft and FA/UDFA signings, we will increase depth and camp competition at virtually every position.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Is he related to Cody?

He played for Wyoming.

Bengals also.

Yes, they're brothers.

I like this pick-up. He's a guy who's a live arm in TC, and can compete with Mortenson for the 3rd or 4th QB spot.

Is he related to Cody?
No, he's related to Casey.

Edit: if their names started with a "K" they'd be Rogers' kids (Korey, Kasey, Kody)

Last edited:
Actually, he's related to both. They are both his brothers.

Casey just graduated from Wyoming last spring, and is a fine QB himself.

Cody spent his first two years at Kansas on a baseball scholarship, but now attends Nebraska. He's a pretty fair football player, too.

Sounds like a pretty athletic family.

All I do remember is that he went to Laramie...

and he played for the Bengals for 1 or 2 years...maybe even 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone pickup Travis Lulay?

He might have to go to the CFL.

Played for the Bobcats in Bozeman...

Did anyone pickup Travis Lulay?

He might have to go to the CFL.
Played for the Bobcats in Bozeman...

Lulay went to Seahawks possibly a safety....
How old is Bramlett?? Seems like a good pickup!1

Hello all

First off I would like to say hello to everybody. Not to correct anybody on my first post but the three Bramlet bros ar Casey, Corey, and Connor. I grew up with all three of them in school and Corey and me even share the same B-day, just a couple hours apart. I know I will be a little biased but I am hoping that Corey will make the team, he deffinetly deserves it. If anything it will make me look better in my playing days :).
Well I hope I have the chance to get to know everybody and GO PATS

GOWYO said:
First off I would like to say hello to everybody. Not to correct anybody on my first post but the three Bramlet bros ar Casey, Corey, and Connor. I grew up with all three of them in school and Corey and me even share the same B-day, just a couple hours apart. I know I will be a little biased but I am hoping that Corey will make the team, he deffinetly deserves it. If anything it will make me look better in my playing days :).

Welcome, GOWYO.

Of course, it's very difficult for a post-draft signee to make the team -- the more so for a quarterback. But this is a team that respects passion and hard work. If Corey has those, he will do well here, however it ends up.

Good luck to him.

GOWYO said:
Welcome to the board!! Great to have someone added who is connected with one of the players.
It will be hard to make the team, but it doesn't at all mean he won't make it in time. As was said, if he shows the passion and works hard, he could get there. 3rd is possible...a PSqd berth more probable.
Maybe you can tell us something about his game?? strengths..where he will have to work more?? More about him..off the field. That would be very interesting to us all!!!
I wish him the best in his efforts...it takes a really special player to make the jump easily, but with hard work and vigilence, it is possible. Remember, it was a 6th round pick who made it to the top here...in time.
Again, welcome!!!

Mike the Brit said:
Welcome, GOWYO.

Of course, it's very difficult for a post-draft signee to make the team -- the more so for a quarterback. But this is a team that respects passion and hard work. If Corey has those, he will do well here, however it ends up.

Good luck to him.

...... Yup.

GOWYO said:

If you are an undrafted or a late round QB, there is no better team to latch onto than the Patriots.

This is a real "equal opportunity" team.

Just ask Brady and Cassell.

In fact, the team motto is:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled QB's yearning to play in the NFL,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, rejected QBs to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!†-- Belichick :D

Last edited by a moderator:
primetime said:
COREY BRAMLET MEASURABLES
Height: 6-4 Weight: 222
40-yard dash: 4.71 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 4.21 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-8 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 7.43 Vertical jump: 31
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash:

This guy was asked to throw about 5 games worth of passes over the 3 day minicamp - and he did it and did it well (anyone think Chad Pennington could ever do that?)

His ability to make the team seems to be more about whether the team has confidence in Cassell as a #2 QB than anything though - although we've done it before I doubt we'd keep 4 QBs on the roster and he'd be designated to the practice squad

That being said - at 6 foot 4 and at 222 lbs - I wonder if he can't carve out a special teams role for himself on the roster.. does our Bramlet source know anything else about his overall athleticism and whether he's played other positions

You don't play QBs on special teams - that's simply tempting fate, asking for it, flaunting karma, or however you want to put it.

I agree with the previous post, whereby Bramlet's chances hinge more on how the brass views Cassel, more than anything else.

Bramlet's smart, athletic, no stranger to hard work, and seems to have his eyes affixed squarely on the prize. I like his chances.

FWIW, I don't think they can sneak him onto the practice squad. Someone will definitely claim him before that happens.

Patriotic Fervor said:
You don't play QBs on special teams - that's simply tempting fate, asking for it, flaunting karma, or however you want to put it.

I agree with the previous post, whereby Bramlet's chances hinge more on how the brass views Cassel, more than anything else.

Bramlet's smart, athletic, no stranger to hard work, and seems to have his eyes affixed squarely on the prize. I like his chances.

FWIW, I don't think they can sneak him onto the practice squad. Someone will definitely claim him before that happens.

I don't see why someone would definitely claim him. There are going to be an awful lot of quarterbacks being cut in order to be re-signed onto the practice squad. I don't think Bramlett's done enough for someone to want to sign him and then keep him on the roster all year.

But the reason I responded to this thread is because there was a QB in the league last year that was playing on cover teams. I can't think of who right now, and it's going to bother me for the next couple of hours.

Patriotic Fervor said:

I guess you've never heard of Tom Tupa.

... and he was the 3rd string QB, freeing up a roster spot for someone else. In Bramlet's case we're talking a 4th string QB finding a place on the roster on something like punt return coverage so as not to risk losing him on the practice squad....

As a 4th stringer if he gets hurt so be it... heck they might even throw him out there with the hopes that he does "suffer" a minor injury, putting him on IR and redshirting him for a season

Converting QBs to other positions isn't a new concept either... just look around the NFL... heck even Marcus Vick looks like he has a shot as sticking with the Fins at WR.

Although I like what I saw too I don't think anyone should get too high on this guy... for some reason fans have a way of thinking the QBs on the bench are the best thing since sliced bread. Its way too soon to assume teams are chomping at the bit to scoop him off the practice squad

Last edited:
Cody Pickett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes