PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought is it will be fun to see him and Hernandez lined up in the backfield together or motioning in and out forcing defenses to account for all of the possibilities. The team maybe lacking in "proven" WR's, but they are loaded everywhere else on offense and Tebow gives them a versatile chess piece.

This is worth doing just for the distraction and irritation it will create in New Jersey. I guarantee you there is as much conversation about this on NY Jets sites as there are on NE ones. And every TV sports report on the JETS camps will include an update on how Tebow is doing in New England. And that update will show an orderly Pats' camp, with all going well, and once in a while a comment from Tebow or a coach about how much he seems to like it, how hard he's working, and how well he's fitting in.

It will make the Jets fans, coaches, and administration crazy and embarrassed.

:singing:

I am rooting for this to work so Jets fans can lose their minds.

Why people waste their energy hating the guy is for their therapists to look into, not me. I just find that sort of knee jerk stupidity extremely amusing.

I think he's a great guy. I'ma Gator fan. He was great in college.

It's just hard to expect success in a passing league with a QB who cannot complete even 50% of his passes and can go through long stretches of play where the thought of a completed pass seems somewhat of a fantasy.

Did you not read what was written? Who cares if he won a game against a very depleted Steelers' defense?

We are discussing his play. Not his team's play. And his play is very, very bad.

Tim Tebow in 2011 vs. Mark Sanchez in 2012, just for giggles...

Tebow (2011)
passing: 126-271 (46.5%), 1729 yds, 12 td, 6 int, 6.4 ypa, 72.9 rating
sacks: 33 sacks, 225 yds
rushing: 122 att, 660 yds, 5.4 ypc, 6 td, 14 fum
TOTALS: 426 plays, 2164 yds, 5.1 yds per play, 18 td, 20 turnovers

Sanchez (2012)
passing: 246-453 (54.3%), 2883 yds, 13 td, 18 int, 6.4 ypa, 66.9 rating
sacks: 34 sacks, 209 yds
rushing: 22 att, 28 yds, 1.3 ypc, 0 td, 14 fum
TOTALS: 509 plays, 2702 yds, 5.3 yds per play, 13 td, 32 turnovers

And yet, not many people really have a problem with Mark Sanchez continuing to be a starting QB in the NFL, but Tebow is not even worthy to be a 3rd stringer? Really?

You underestimate the power of the Tim Ego. His 1st reason for being on this earth is to tell everyone about ************. Get ready to be forcefed christianity.

Sure they might keep Tebow away from the camera and not have him do pressers every day but that wont stop the press from asking about him time after time after time after time. The Tebow circus is bigger than any one NFL team - EVERY presser will have Tebow questions interlaced in them.

th

Love it!!!
Kid's a terrific athlete and a winner, won't be even a hint of a distraction with BB running the show and the haters are already having seizures.
I'm already having fun with this signing. :D

blind faith is comical

Trust me - distraction incarnate - all in the name of Jesus

Oh and his brother is a trouble maker too - his bro will start a media storm if Tim isn't treated the way HE thinks he should

I'm having fun with this signing too - Good Luck

There are no Calliopes at Gillette, and Tebow's won more playoff games as a Bronco than has Manning. Plus, Jets fans will be going nuts. I don't see any downside.

I'm fine with Jets fans going nuts. But he's a god awful quarterback. The fact that his team won a playoff game against a defense that was too inept to change their ways and played right to Tebow's few strengths doesn't change that. The following week, the second worst pass defense of all time took a page out of their own playbook from earlier in the year (which was an instance of them taking a page out of Saban's playbook in 2009) and proceeded to completely humiliate him. Plus I'm not sure why you don't think the media will be tearing each other apart in order to get a report on whether or not Tebow had a soft stool on that particular day, given the media frenzy that's followed him since he came into the league.

Tim Tebow in 2011 vs. Mark Sanchez in 2012, just for giggles...

Tebow (2011)
passing: 126-271 (46.5%), 1729 yds, 12 td, 6 int, 6.4 ypa, 72.9 rating
sacks: 33 sacks, 225 yds
rushing: 122 att, 660 yds, 5.4 ypc, 6 td, 14 fum
TOTALS: 426 plays, 2164 yds, 5.1 yds per play, 18 td, 20 turnovers

Sanchez (2012)
passing: 246-453 (54.3%), 2883 yds, 13 td, 18 int, 6.4 ypa, 66.9 rating
sacks: 34 sacks, 209 yds
rushing: 22 att, 28 yds, 1.3 ypc, 0 td, 14 fum
TOTALS: 509 plays, 2702 yds, 5.3 yds per play, 13 td, 32 turnovers

And yet, not many people really have a problem with Mark Sanchez continuing to be a starting QB in the NFL, but Tebow is not even worthy to be a 3rd stringer? Really?

FWIW, Sanchez shouldn't be starting in the NFL at all. Not that I'm against him starting all 16 for the Jets this season...;)

It's not him as a player that bothers me....it's the media circus surreounding him..

If Josh is going to create an offensive wrinkle/Tebow package, after having him in Denver and with Bill having had to defend against it (and others like it), they will do a better job of it than anyone else in the league. And with the Pats' offensive skill players, and OL discipline, it might be damn good.

Because he isn't that type of guy. As much as I resent the guy, I know he's a competitor. It's well known that he wants to win football games and that he wants to be on the field. He's almost like Brady in a sense, except without the talent.

He honestly had a great shot of being the starter in NY if he had just waited for the Sanchize to implode for a whole season. He would be starting for the Jests this season had he not complained about playing time last season.

Um....Tebow got CUT from the Jets. They had him in the punt protection unit. He wasn't sniffing the starting QB job (though he should have). But hey, if you really are that close to both Tebow and Belichick that you *know* what would have been said in the negotiating room, I guess you win.

Belichick has got to be practicing his botox monotone for tomorrow's press conference.

"We're just trying to improve the team at every position this time of year. Thought is was in the best interests of the team."

"I think I said everything I need to on this topic."

"No, I'll refer to my previous statement."

"OK, anything else guys? Thanks."

Tebow likely will never see the QB position again but I would about guarantee JMD will have some kind of trick play

Brady passes to Tebow who passes over the top of the D

The only pass Tebow can throw is the one when a receiver can get behind the D.

You underestimate the power of the Tim Ego. His 1st reason for being on this earth is to tell everyone about ************. Get ready to be forcefed christianity.

Sure they might keep Tebow away from the camera and not have him do pressers every day but that wont stop the press from asking about him time after time after time after time. The Tebow circus is bigger than any one NFL team - EVERY presser will have Tebow questions interlaced in them.

You should either get over yourself or watch more football....because he is hardly the first player in the NFL or any other sport to look up and pray or go to his knee and pray...or thank god for his "god given ability", or thank Jesus for winning a game, catching a ball etc....

Criticism of Tebow for his religious beliefs, for the reasons listed above, is beyond me and no I am not a christian, just a guy that is tolerant of other peoples views. ;)

I think he's a great guy. I'ma Gator fan. He was great in college.

It's just hard to expect success in a passing league with a QB who cannot complete even 50% of his passes and can go through long stretches of play where the thought of a completed pass seems somewhat of a fantasy.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to question his longterm viability, and I think most football people would consider his chance of long-term success at QB to be low percentage. It's not legitimate to hate him because he's a Christian or because he is open about his faith, it's not legitimate to lie about his past NFL success, and it's not legitimate to call him a cancer.

Once people start doing that, you know that the problem is with them, not Tebow.

My first thought is it will be fun to see him and Hernandez lined up in the backfield together or motioning in and out forcing defenses to account for all of the possibilities. The team maybe lacking in "proven" WR's, but they are loaded everywhere else on offense and Tebow gives them a versatile chess piece.

Could this be a secretive plot for Gisele's words to come true? Have TFB not only throw the ball but catch it too? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes