PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Werder has "confirmed" Tebow will be a QB.

Werder and Schefter have it too. Werder says he's expected in minicamp tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/344198177118908416

Reading the Jets boards is going to be a lot of fun tonight.

Holy #$*@#$! crap!!! Unbelievable!!

Well, I've said this from the beginning...that if there was ever a successful situation for him it would be this: with a great coach and a great QB in front of him, that no fan in his right mind would demand that Tebow play in front of. In Jets-land, it really was an open question as to who was better between Tebow and Sanchez. Sanchez was that bad. But in NE, obviously it's not even remotely an issue. So Tebow can sit behind Brady, knowing that he has NO shot at the starting job, just learn, be a good teammate, work like hell to get better under the tutelage of Belichick, McDaniels, and Brady, and see if he can be pretty useful.

But wow. Just wow.

With Kafka being waived I guess the front office views as a QB for them instead of an HB/TE as some would say.

He's likely just an extra camp arm at this point. All this says to me is that they view Tim as a better option than Mike Kafka. That line of thinking, I believe we can all agree on, even for the most serious of Tebow detractors.

The media will be there at the facility, as much as they can be for as long as they can be in far greater numbers than usual, that is a distraction straight away.
Yeah, they'll do that until they realize that Belichick is going to refuse to give any useful answer about Tebow and that they're never going to actually get to talk to Tebow.

Anything to keep the media from continuing it's 24/7 Gronk coverage ....

Ah Grasshopper, you have done well in your studies of the Croatian Master and seen his true strategy. Besieged by scandals or whatever? Unleash another one distracting folks from the more important one. Works across all of society.

As Sun Tzu once said, "Look! A squirrel!"

Maybe Bill is just poking fun at ESPN for calling the team uptight? I mean its been a while since we saw him dressed as a Pirate roller skating on TV...
That's why I DVR'd the "Football Life" film. I watch Bill roller skate about once a week...

With Kafka being waived I guess the front office views as a QB for them instead of an HB/TE as some would say.

He's likely just an extra camp arm at this point. All this says to me is that they view Tim as a better option than Mike Kafka. That line of thinking, I believe we can all agree on, even for the most serious of Tebow detractors.

I don't know. Tebow's a pretty miserable failure as an NFL QB. Kafka's nothing special, but as a camp arm he's probably better than the Tebow circus even if Tebow himself isn't really at fault for that (nor is he a cancer by any means). If he's a camp arm and a developmental Swiss Army knife, that's different. But as a camp QB, you'd rather have someone who has an NFL caliber arm at least.

here go the mallett trade talks again

I say a first round pick plus a starting player. Should it be offense (WR) or defense (pass rusher, DT, CB)? I think I'll go start a thread.

I just came to post the same thing. One thing is the "Church of Tebow" won't happen here like it happened in Denver and New York. Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez have nothing on Tom Brady and if Brady does pull a 3 and out and some idiot or idiots start screaming for Tebow I might keep my pimp hand strong on their head.

Sciz said:
The Pats were the only team that ever made sense. They're the only team that can completely shut down the media storm that follows him. There's basically no way this can hurt the Pats, and plenty of ways it can help.

Name one way this could help.

Tebow is a horrible qb. He's not a leader, contrary to what all the media says. He's a "all about me" type of guy.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Absolutely HATE this move.

Guy is a locker room cancer and a huge annoyance in terms of media attention. He can't play QB to save his life and he will never get a chance to play QB here. You can't sit here and tell me that you're going to pull Tom Brady off the field for some guy who couldn't even make it in the CFL as a QB. He won't make a positive impact for the Pats this year.

Dumb move.

According to sources, the Patriots have plans for Tebow at the........wait for it................Tight End Position.

Whoa! Whoa! Didn't see this coming.

I don't know. Tebow's a pretty miserable failure as an NFL QB.

That's simply not true. Your opinion, despite being shared and echoed by many, runs counter to the facts. Tebow was a tremendous success as a starting QB. That's the irony for the Tebow haters.

not a bad move...just my opinion, which is basically like an a-hole...but i think he can bring something to this team.

Media circus is just what you let it be. Not an issue for NE....

Name one way this could help.

Tebow is a horrible qb. He's not a leader, contrary to what all the media says. He's a "all about me" type of guy.
If Belichick didn't see any way Tebow could help, then he wouldn't have signed him.

Right now, my best guess is that they want to see if they can turn Tebow into a decent passer over the next year to use as Brady's primary backup after they trade Mallett. That would be helping.

Absolutely HATE this move.

Guy is a locker room cancer and a huge annoyance in terms of media attention. He can't play QB to save his life and he will never get a chance to play QB here. You can't sit here and tell me that you're going to pull Tom Brady off the field for some guy who couldn't even make it in the CFL as a QB. He won't make a positive impact for the Pats this year.

Dumb move.

There is no chance that they "pull Tom Brady off the field" for Tim Tebow. None. He'll be the 3rd string QB. I guess Tebow saw the writing on the wall and figured, well, I'd rather be a 3rd string QB in the NFL than playing in Canada or out of football entirely.

In a situation like the Jets, there was always the sense that he could have done as good a job as Sanchez. No way ANYONE has that view of Tebow vs. Brady. It's not even remotely a concern.

I'm happy Tim has acquired a NFL contract, I wonder when his news conference will be?

I do feel sorry for Patsfans.com with the onslaught of Tebowites that are sure to soon invade the board.

That's simply not true. Your opinion, mirrored by many, runs counter to the facts. Tebow was a tremendous success as a starting QB. That's the irony for the Tebow haters.

When he went up against even the mid-level defenses of the NFL in 2011, he was shut down. He got plastered by the Pats twice, Buffalo, and only put up 3 points against Kansas City. He beat a Pittsburgh team without Ryan Clark and with Keisel and Hampton going down in the first half with serious injuries. He's too big of an egotistical stiff to play anything else besides QB. That will be his downfall.

Dude cannot play QB in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back