PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he's just QB camp fodder, or BB thinks he can play special teams AND be some sort of FB/TE with throwing, running or catching (NOT WILDCAT) threat.

Think of a FB toss to Tebow, he has the option to run throw, OR normal hike to TB, let Tebow pass block, draw, or quick out route and catch one downfield.

Obviously if he can play special teams at even an average level, this would this less of a waste of roster spot. And less of a specialized role.

Think what TB could do with one less pass oriented defender on the field. It might work....mmmaybe???

He will NOT be used as a QB, except maybe emergency game QB.

BB does not sign people unless he thinks they can compete. That and BB is always pushing the evolution of football. Maybe he has something he wants to try.

It's gonna get fun around here. Wild speculation, ranting, forum immigration, and man-love/hate begin.

I'll believe it when I see him in camp too. This story sounds crazy.

they just announced.....he will primarily study at TE....thank goodness as his Hail Mary's .....are not being heard!!

Ok, given how this site's probably going to go, I might as well have some fun....

3794d1321591978-ot-broncos-chances--1.jpg

He's a cancer, a waste of a roster spot, will bring a media circus and is a pointless cap hit.
You underestimate the power of the Patriots' locker room. If they don't want Tebow to attract any media, then he won't attract any media.

Saying he is a cancer is a little strong.

Even if he doesn't mean to be, he is.

He split the Broncos locker room, he split the Jets locker room (although that place was already a mess), his refusal to play anywhere but QB is not indicative of a team player nor that of a Patriot either.

You underestimate the power of the Patriots' locker room. If they don't want Tebow to attract any media, then he won't attract any media.

The media will be there at the facility, as much as they can be for as long as they can be in far greater numbers than usual, that is a distraction straight away.

I didn't see this coming. I think Tebow's an extraordinarily talented athlete - not quarterback - with amazing vision and elusiveness as a ball carrier though I have doubts over whether that translates to any NFL position.

Guys, I think we should just embrace this. Let's set up the Tebow cult/fan club now already. I nominate Joker as President...what could go wrong?

I didn't see this coming. I think Tebow's an extraordinarily talented athlete - not quarterback - with amazing vision and elusiveness as a ball carrier though I have doubts over whether that translates to any NFL position.

He could be a very good NFL player, if they ever invent a new position just for him.

At this point, I think Tebow will be perfectly happy hiding from the media behind the pats iron curtain

He's not here to play QB, so what is the downside? The Pats gain a good football player that can play multiple positions out of the backfield, is a solid guy in the locker room etc...

To the thought that he never accepted any other position. IMO, there is no way he is here if he wasn't willing. Maybe he understands that no one was going to bring him in to play QB, maybe he didn't like watching from the sidelines all last season and realizes that versatility is his key to staying in the NFL. Whatever it is....But there is no way I can buy a scenario in which he tells BB "I am only coming if I can be a QB, I am not playing any other position".....and BB saying "cool welcome aboard".

Maybe Bill is just poking fun at ESPN for calling the team uptight? I mean its been a while since we saw him dressed as a Pirate roller skating on TV...

Rapsheet: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

I have the same vibe about this move, as when we signed that Ochoa-moron jacka$$... Christ almighty! (No pun intended)

There are no Calliopes at Gillette, and Tebow's won more playoff games as a Bronco than has Manning. Plus, Jets fans will be going nuts. I don't see any downside.
Agreed....

The only way I see Tebow coming here is either a favor to McD

or

He's accepted that he wants to be a football player and not a QB. On this squad he'd barely sniff getting reps as a QB, but maybe he can get some practice as a mobile QB the defense can match against.

I suspect, BB said "give me a call if you decide you're willing to play offense in a non-QB position. After Tebow sat for awhile, I think he's had a change of heart about his role and must be willing to pursue other options.

I don't see a downside, other than media coverage. He doesn't make the squad, little harm done. He makes the squad, then he must have earned it and BB believes he can help the team. Let's just see if he makes active game day.

Patriots sign TT to bring to bring more attractive catholic women to foxboro :p

I know I'm in the minority among Patsfans on this, but if Belichick and McDaniels are bringing him in as a hybrid FB and occasional wildcat, I'm enthusiastically for this move as I expect he will be cheap to sign... A low risk high reward move.

If he's coming in to compete on the QB depth chart with no intention of being on the field while Brady is behind center, then I don't see the point - and I'm enthusiastically opposed as he clogs a roster spot (though with this being June roster competition isn't a primary concern now)

What I've always said is that when Tebow is on the field, defenses MUST account for his presence, and he is difficult to stop even when defenses know he's going to run.

Coaches like Belichick and McDaniels are some of the few coaches who can figure out the best way to use Tebow - let's hope Tebow will listen to them.

But overall, since no one is expecting Tebow to have a shot at displacing Brady, this is one of the few places where it makes sense for Tebow to end up.

I'm looking forward to the potential of watching Belichick use Tebow to confound defenses - while also demonstrating what an idiot Wrecks Ryan is by comparison!

I trust BB to evaluate and use Tebow as a swiss army knife. Besides there will be no QB controversy on this team.

If he proves he can actually play the position, I'd rather have Tebow than Michael Hoomanawanui as a sort of development H-back/running back type, for what it's worth.

Rapsheet: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

Embarrassing isn't a strong enough adjective for my thoughts on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots