PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign TE Carson Butler to practice squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the TE we had in camp correct?

Good thing his last name is not Palmer or Daly.

Does BB have a fetish for tight ends? :D

Yes, but at least it looks like he got the right ones this season. Now if only we hadn't stopped going to them in the 2nd half of the Jets game. *glares at OC* Oh wait that position doesn't 'officially' exist. No wonder our playcalling sucked. :p

Yes, but at least it looks like he got the right ones this season. Now if only we hadn't stopped going to them in the 2nd half of the Jets game. *glares at OC* Oh wait that position doesn't 'officially' exist. No wonder our playcalling sucked. :p

ding ding ding!! wehave a winner!!!! That is why we sucked...... we went away from what worked:(

Where did the extra spot open up from?

QB+CB=TE :confused:

Last edited:
We'll probably see a PS promotion to the 53 in place of the (will be) IRed Faulk tomorrow. If Butler has been signed the moved have likely been made, if not Butler's signing likely happens tomorrow with the others.

I thought that someone had signed Prince Miller, one of the corners from our Practice Squad. In any case, the patriots.com roster does not include Miller and does include Butler, so it is up to date.

I thought that someone had signed Prince Miller, one of the corners from our Practice Squad. In any case, the patriots.com roster does not include Miller and does include Butler, so it is up to date.
Yeah, that's right - another move should open up soon from Faulk though.

Why does Bill sign a TE to the PS, when we already have 3 on the 53, 2 of which are rookies?

Last edited:
Why does Bill sign a TE to the PS, when we already have 3 on the 53, 2 of which are rookies?

Because "we thought it was the best way to help the team".

:D

My guess would be that without Faulk, he wants to make sure we always have the personnel for big sets. This way we have someone in case of an injury to a TE.

Just a guess though, I have nothing really to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes