PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Tarell Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's started all but three games played in the last four years. Why wouldn't he be able to do that here while we sort out young or recovering type players. I'm happy as hell, we're going role playing CBs anyway, I'm guessing.

Not sure what whining posters were expecting to be available.

Eh, excuse me?

I merely expressed, in my OP, that Reiss projection of him in the mix for the starting spot caught my slightly by surprise. But since the cornerback group as it stands is a hodgepodge of veteran retreads/unproven young talent, perhaps it should not have surprised me.

I hope Brown exceeds all of our wildest expectations, but since he is 30 and coming off a foot injury I shall remain merely cautiously optimistic. If that gets me a label as a "whiner" then so be it. ;)

I seem to remember that he had an issue where one leg was shorter than the other (?)

All I could find was articles about him having back surgery.

I thought he was in pain and couldn't play and then the Patriots released him. There after he discovered he had a hairline fracture in one of his bones.

Eh, excuse me?

I merely expressed, in my OP, that Reiss projection of him in the mix for the starting spot caught my slightly by surprise. But since the cornerback group as it stands is a hodgepodge of veteran retreads/unproven young talent, perhaps it should not have surprised me.

I hope Brown exceeds all of our wildest expectations, but since he is 30 and coming off a foot injury I shall remain merely cautiously optimistic. If that gets me a label as a "whiner" then so be it. ;)

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. I responded to your post, then mentioned what was obvious, that a lot of people are just furious that we are attempting to pick up cornerbacks that are available. Probably could have done that better, but i don't like to single posters out when there are plenty to make a general comment. My bad.

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you. I responded to your post, then mentioned what was obvious, that a lot of people are just furious that we are attempting to pick up cornerbacks that are available. Probably could have done that better, but i don't like to single posters out when there are plenty to make a general comment. My bad.

No worries, Ray. I do not understand the furor over trying to improve an obvious area of need. I guess some posters need something to rant about besides FrameGate... lol.

The enemy of Brown is Browner.
Good signing.

I see this as just camp competition

I see this as just camp competition
And the winner of the camp competition gets a roster slot and playing time and a chance at starting. BB will go with whoever performs. No "just" pre-ordained outcome when he's coaching.

I see it wide open. I like that we have team experience, new vets and some athletic talent, but there isn't a player who has started a game for us, is there [could be wrong, i guess, [maybe Ryan]?

I'm fully on board.

A pick by "Smooth Roast" will hopefully lead to a leaping TD grab by "Big Sausage" on offense.

http://boston.eater.com/2014/12/17/...nts-to-eat-a-big-sausage-on-tonights-top-chef

Just thought of a real funny sausage incident [unlike that]. when I lived in Austin Tx, some local radio show had Earl Campbell on and he had come to promote his new Earl Campbell Sausage company. [Just checked, it's been in business 18 years, timeline is correct].

Anyway, it is a "you had to be there" but it sounded like the announcer knew him from Longhorn playing days so every reference to sausage became a double entendre and the announcer kept coming up with more interesting sausage questions and Earl was just having fun with it, while the co-host was just laughing convulsively.

Apparently, 18 years in, Earl has managed to take his sausage seriously, if not his marketing.

Anyway, it is a "you had to be there" but it sounded like the announcer knew him from Longhorn playing days so every reference to sausage became a double entendre and the announcer kept coming up with more interesting sausage questions and Earl was just having fun with it, while the co-host was just laughing convulsively.

Apparently, 18 years in, Earl has managed to take his sausage seriously, if not his marketing.

I'm guessing it's just a subject that you have to try and have some fun with! :)

Good to hear that Campbell invested wisely, and that he's still churning it out many years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes